View Poll Results: How would you rate tonight's episode?

Voters
399. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - GREASE ME UP WOMAN!!

91 22.81%
  • 4/5 - chopped hearts and lungs, boiled in a sheep's stomach ... tastes as good as it sounds

155 38.85%
  • 3/5 - Ach, I'm gettin tired of this

87 21.80%
  • 2/5 - YA USED ME, WRITERS, YA USED ME!!

39 9.77%
  • 1/5 - I warned ye? Didn't I warn ye? This episode was forged by Lucifer himself.

27 6.77%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review "My Fair Laddy" (HABF05)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

Rate/Review "My Fair Laddy" (HABF05)

from snpp:

"The Simpsons take in Groundskeeper Willie after Bart destroys his shack, giving Lisa an idea for an upcoming science fair - turning Willie into someone more refined; Homer hears that the company that makes his blue pants is going out of business."

Episode airs at 8/7C.
    Last edited by Mike Scully; 02-26-2006 at 11:57 AM.

Watching now, first two acts done.
    I just wanted to say I watched "The Italian Bob" again today and I cannot believe this episode is from the same season. (In case it's not clear, that's a thumbs up to this and a knock to the Bob ep.)
    Signature.

Pretty Good. The comedy was u a little bit. good story line. A little to much singing for me. lol. 7/10

Junior Camper

Was that song when Willie broke the mirror a Family Guy jab?

I loved it. 5/5
    Lost Airs Wed. 10/9c on ABC!

Lisa is a nut, she has a rubber butt, every time she turns around it goes putt-putt!

5/5 Very enjoyable episode no low points best part were the songs

The episode started off with a great parody of Gumby. I liked seeing the Simpsons in claymation form. I didn't find the bombardment guy very funny or the way Homer ruined his pants on the Go-Kart. I enjoyed Homer walking past all the signs for blue pants. However, I thought Lisa's frozen saxaphone was funny though.

When I first heard the musical forming I was sort of suprised. The very beginning and and the ending of "Wouldn't It Be Adequate" with the curtains and Homer singing was pretty funny but the general song was not.

I like the blue plants factory, especially how they didn't sell the pants but the guy's desk was built on top of them. The commercial with the blue pants guy and the Henry Mancini song also made me laugh.

"What Flows From The Nose" reminded me too much of a Family Guy episode with the highlight again being Homer interrupting the song.

Moe's talking ad and the girl was also satisfying. The "All Night" song seemed to take up time and nothing more. I really liked "The Surprise Meter." I saw the act break coming from a mile away.

The song in the third act was also very boring until the "talk sing" joke at the end.

The ending with Willie tearing down the Home Sweet Home Picture made me laugh.

Overall this episode had a lot of good jokes and good story but the songs really brought it down. They were very unmemorable and the way Willie transformed back into the original Willie and got his job back was pretty disappointing. I give it a 4/5.
    [RIGHT]

This is one of the best episodes in a long, long time. I don't think there was anything wrong with the episode. I loved both plots, the parody was great, as were the songs. There weren't as many big laughs as other episodes, but there were plenty of small ones, I particularly liked the metajokes as wells as the bullies Around the World in 80 Days. A

while I thought it was a little bland at parts, overall well done. Strange to see Willie take such a prominent role after seventeen seasons, but it really was handled quite well.
    could've used more humor in places. kind of a "sleeping with the enemy" kind of feel.

drugdealer keeper awayer Hapablap's Avatar

Very enjoyable My Fair Lady parody(I think thats it). Most jokes worked for me especially the first act. Alot more accented singing than I'm used to, but the animation was impressive through all of it. 4/5 on first viewing.

And did anyone notice in gkws' song in act one, some of the notes he hit sounded alot like Homer? not complaining, its gotta be tough for Dan to sing in character.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For character remodeling, this is about as good as it's going to get this late in the game. I thought 99% of this episode was really cool, minus the spinning-holding-nose dancing thing.

(Much, much better than Road to D'ohwhere.)

Grade: B (4/5)

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Virgin Colada! *No Rum breadharrity's Avatar

Low Expectations, Great Episode. Another musical episode (which are always good) Happy Ending. Everything good. 9ish out of 10.

5/5, It was superb. Almost every joke was funny, the plot was great, and the emotional parts really were tear jerkers! Hopefully the writers will continue to pull through for episodes to come!
    Last edited by coltonwiggum; 08-23-2006 at 04:58 PM.
    she didnt exactly read shrek the 3rd, which apparently exists as some sort of companion book for a pixar movie. no, this would probably take several minutes (perhaps 10), and would have ultimately depricated the shrek 3 cinematic experience

she merely looked at the book

she saw it, perhaps in the childrens section of a barnes & noble, registered it in her mind as being in existance, and filed it away for later as the subject for a post on BOOKS YOUVE READ. only she just looked at it. and it was shrek 3

in a way its the saddest post ive ever read

-toxic shock syndrome

Junior Camper

I think this episode has to be one of the best of the season. I laughed at many parts during the show...."I paid for 50 laps and i'm gunna get them!" Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Good work writing staff

thought the episode was kind of boring...3/5

scissors on his fuckin head That Jerk's Avatar

I thought it was a pretty bland ep. The up-front gags weren't funny, but they had a lot of great subtle lines and references for the fans (i.e. Gentle Ben!)

There was nothing seriously flawed with it, but nothing jumped out to me. So 3/5 and i don't expect that grade to change. Detailed review tomorrow when i download it.

5/5 Great episode and a well done parody of My Fair Lady . I loved all of the jokes. But I do have some questions. So is that new guy there regular gym teacher also did any body else find Krustys behavior a little more sleazy than ussually

pee air true dough Larson Something's Avatar

As far as I'm concerned, they're three for three on these. Story evolved naturally, songs were good ("Indoors All Night" particularly), the Homer subplot meshed into it nicely, and funny throughout (standouts include the blue pants Super Bowl commercial, "Boink Slut," and "Charity Titters.")

5/5, easy.

Good episode. Nothing Scullyish at all. The jokes were average, but the performances and songs were well done. I'm satisfied.

did any body else find Krustys behavior a little more sleazy than ussually
    I think Krusty was characterized just fine

Great episode. Some impressive voice acting from Dan with Willie's new "sophisticated" voice (although I thought he sounded a bit Homerish when he was singing).

4.5/5

I was looking forward to this episode, and it didn't fail to please. Groundskeeper Willie is always hilarious. The songs fit in very well, all the parodies were excellent, and there were a lot of hilarious moments. The blue pants commerial was very funny and for some reason I thought it was hysterical that the coach kept throwing dinner rolls at Willie even while he was walking away and singing. Plus I really liked the "talking mirror" gag.
    Excellent episode all around. 5/5
    [SIZE=1]

Stonecutter

I thought it was an okay, 4/5 episode.
    Last edited by Binky; 02-26-2006 at 06:20 PM.

independent as a hog on ice raheem's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty decent episode, no jokes were particularily bad and the plot went on along fairly well. The songs were decent and fit relatively well. Better one from this season but not quite the best 4/5(though that will probably go down after a rewatch, I was just glad to see something new after these couple of olympic weeks)

Very strong episode. I also noticed that the voice acting was less crappy than usual, another plus. 4.5/5 or 5/5.
    Dyslexia, Duffman's secret shame!

Junior Camper

3/5 from me. Funny jokes but the songs we're kinda slow and brought the episode down a point for me.

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since I'm from Spain and of course, I wasn't watching this, could somebody tell me who was finally the writer in this one? Thanks.

micheal price wrote this one

Junior Camper

I really liked the episode, except for a little too much singing for my taste, but still good. The Bombardment bit I thought was really funny, especially when Milhouse had the note from his doctor and he just blasted him again. 4/5 for me!
    "That's rediculious, how could I even get all 5 necessary drops into her cereal.... what?"

Seemed like a classic. 5/5. I laughed a lot! I loved Mrs. Pommelhorst saying she'd be coming back to school next fall as Mr. Pommelhorst, frozen sax, Mr. Largo on the roof in the tractor ("How'd I get here?"), Willie closing the curtains during the song and yanking them off, Willie singing the first line of his song and stopping, Willie's tractor shattering into a million pieces, Willie hitting himself to sleep with a hammer and him wiping his nose on the cat instead of his clothes. Marge's voice wasn't annoying and it's nice to see Homer and Marge love each other (there hasn't been many marriage problems since Milhouse of Sand and Fog, but it just seems like they fight a lot).
    Last edited by Train on the Water; 02-28-2006 at 05:12 PM.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Missed it. (Fucking FAFSA :angry: )

Have to check it out a little later.

Thread Information