View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

65 38.92%
  • 4/5

65 38.92%
  • 3/5

25 14.97%
  • 2/5

6 3.59%
  • 1/5

6 3.59%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: Bart the Mother

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

Rate and Review: Bart the Mother

Like Lard of the Dance, I saw this for the first time too. A Very good episode, full of sweet moments. The first act is pure class. Bart's characterization is excellent, explained very very well. Nelson is characterized very well too. I love the way it starts, with the Go-Karts and how Nelson gets the gun. The good start links on the act 2. We start to see Marge a bit more and she, like Bart are in excellent character. Full of great jokes, like Homer eating the pies as the birds (lizards) are hatched. I found Homer falling down the stairs in the dark thing a bit too repetitive, it got very tiring at the end. The third act took a slight dip IMO. Still very good, but it didn't have as many good jokes. I'm not sure if I liked the idea of the lizards killing all the birds, but I guess it worked. Overall this is an excellent episode. Marge and Bart were characterized perfectly. A-

Stonecutter

BUMP, I didn't have a poll before, so I don't think hardly anyone read it. A mod has added one now though.

Pin Pal

This is my third favourite episode ever, and easily the best of Season 10. One of Scully's few good showings of Marge, and a nice try at showning a side of Bart that no one had seen before. Plus it had some good jokes.
    I'm just like Lisa!
    I'm Lisa, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Is there any wonder I like her so much?

No wonder he won Minnesota. Sarcastic Guy II's Avatar

Last Phil Hartman appearance.

5/5
    I was saying "Boo-urns."

Season 19 Ratings:
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - A
    The Homer of Seville - C+
    Midnight Towboy - A+
    I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - A

5/5 - Surprisingly good for season 10

barts friend

5/5

Not a massive fan of this one 3/5

I really liked this one. I haven't seen it in a while but I liked most of the gags and the emotional hook of the story. Plus it was Phil Hartman's last appearance. 4/5

my simpson season ranks:4, 7, 6, 3, 5, 8, 2, 9, 1, 13, 15, 14, 17, 16, 10, 12, 11

back in black

The opening act doesn't really connect that well to the main story, and the third act was mostly silliness, but the story overall is fairly good, as is Phil Hartman's final appearance on the show, 4 months after his death. Season 10 rivals 17 for "worst start ever", but this episode helps it rebound. 3/5 overall.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Ha, Homer falling down the stairs is one of the most hilarious bits, and the most memorable in that episode, imo. I'd give it a 4/5. Not too ambitious, a little wierd, but funny, and good pacing.

can't talk; coming down Lizard Queen's Avatar

2/5 - I thought this episode was pretty boring with the exception of Marge; I love her momness in this one - if that makes any sense.

Good episode, good characterization for Marge and Bart. 5/5.
    Last edited by coltonwiggum; 07-09-2007 at 10:40 AM.
    she didnt exactly read shrek the 3rd, which apparently exists as some sort of companion book for a pixar movie. no, this would probably take several minutes (perhaps 10), and would have ultimately depricated the shrek 3 cinematic experience

she merely looked at the book

she saw it, perhaps in the childrens section of a barnes & noble, registered it in her mind as being in existance, and filed it away for later as the subject for a post on BOOKS YOUVE READ. only she just looked at it. and it was shrek 3

in a way its the saddest post ive ever read

-toxic shock syndrome

Pin Pal

He was murdered.

his wife shot him then shot herself. As for the episode I think one of the best of the scully era, marge and bart are characterized very well but not as well as marge be not proud, one of my favorites. And it's the last appearence of phil hartman. I give it 9/10

Purple Is A Fruit.

1/5

Absolute Crap.

Bart the Mother, looking back, is not such a bad episode, although it does have a few awkward moments. Also, I wouldn't call it a classic. It is a good episode, but not one I really clamour to see. At least this one isn't weighed down by a useless subplot, as can occur with Simpsons episodes. The focus is always on Bart and his lizards. Marge is characterised well and for once Homer doesn't act like a tool. As someone has already stated, we see another side of Bart - only I don't like this side as much, nor did I like this side when it showed up again in 'The Wandering Juvie'. I am also not too sure whether I like the ending that much. The gags also don't appear as often as I would like. Nevertheless, Bart the Mother cannot really be considered to be boring. Oh and R.I.P Phil Hartman. B

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

I really liked this episode, by far the best of season 10, I loved pretty much all characterizations of Bart, Nelson, and Marge. I also loved Skinner's speach about all the lizards, the snakes, and the gorillas, and like everyone else, a sd end to the legacy of Phil Hartman, I'll give thisa B+/A-
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

My favorite of season 10. Of course, that's probably due to it being a season 9 holdover. I gave it a 4/5, but by Scully era standards it probably deserved a 5/5.

Blog Entries

Well, I'm going to have to go against the majority here and say that I really didn't care for this one. This episode really marks the moment I began to notice that The Simpsons was no longer the show it had once been. Sure, there had been off episodes before but it was the silly lizard plot that really brought it home to me. That would be okay if I really thought the episode was funny but the only plus I can think of is Phil Hartman's last appearence. The Simpsons would go on to do even worse episodes in season 11 but for me, this one will always mark a turning point for me. 1/5

nirvana seeker

5/5
    I really liked this episode - one of the best of this season.

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

5/5 Great episode,I love the twist with those lizards. Such a beautiful plot. The infamous yelling scene made it even better!
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

Quote Originally Posted by J-Spot
    I gave it a 4/5, but by Scully era standards it probably deserved a 5/5.
    Yeah, same deal with "Marge's Son Poisoning." Every Marge/Bart story is outstanding for its era.
    Simpsons music unavailable on CD:

Burns Verkaufen... - The Land of Chocolate (no overlapping dialogue) - 0.9 MB
    Lisa's Sax - Baker Street - 0.9 MB
    Trash of the Titans - The Garbageman Can (including U2 cameo) - 1.8 MB
    Springfield Up - Satan You're My Lady - 1.4 MB
    That '90s Show - Margerine - 1 MB

A lot of people are going to be mad at me for saying this but I thought this episode was average at best.
    Summer of the 4FT.2 is the best episode ever

Pretty damn good, although I didn't think it lived up to the hype that everyone has actually been giving it.
    It was one of the rare few cases in the Scully era where there was actual emotion; but a lot of that for me came from the fact that I knew the bird was going to die before I even watched the episode (curse you, Simpsons Forever). However, the entire story of Bart caring for the lizards as if they are his own young is incredibly touching, and thank god the producers didn't go totally overboard with ruining it with humor. The episode also has one of my favorite recurring gags, which is Homer falling down the basement stairs. The way it was written it was made obvious that the writers were going to use it at least twice; but the third use of the gag was so separated from the other two and so unexpected that I thought it worked perfectly. Pretty great episode, and my second favorite of season 10 (just behind Wild Barts Can't Be Broken).

B+ -- 7.5/10
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

The plot's pretty much the same as Marge Be Not Proud except this time I find the Bart/Marge thing too cheesy. Marge telling Bart "run for it" is so cheesy it's cringeworthy...I'm not sure why but that's how I feel. Plus...not that I find it too wacky, but the lizard stuff seems tacked on and makes the episode disjointed. Several Homer moments keep it from being really subpar. C
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

Nothing to say

5/5
    Probably one of the best from season 10. The lizard plot was great and touching. Bart and Marge are characterized very good in this episode. It have some great jokes too. And to not forget the last appearance of Phil Hartman. Overall a really good episode.

http://troymcclurepage.tripod.com/tribute.jpg I checked the site of http://troymcclurepage.tripod.com/troypics.html and it said it was the end of Bart Carny where they tributed Phils death, I thought it was Bart The Mother.

Tougher! Rougher! Badder! I Love Lisa's Avatar

Great one this, definily highligt o season 10 and a good episode for the final Phil Hartman performance. A

I Talk To The Wind You Bent My Wookiee's Avatar

I liked it; it was a sweet episode with some humor.

5/5

Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god.

This one is great just for the Marge/Bart interaction, which is done just as well as it would be in the Oakley/Weinstein era. You can feel Bart suffering from tremendous guilt when Marge just leaves him at Nelson's. In fact this whole episode has a decidedly different feel to it than most of season 10, and as such it stands out a bit.

Favorite joke in the episode is this:
    Lisa: I think he's with Milhouse.
    Homer: MILHOUSE!!!
    Milhouse: WHAT?
    Homer: TELL BART TO COME HOME!!!
    Milhouse: I THINK HE'S AT NELSON'S!!!
    Homer: WHO'S NELSON?!

Thread Information