Thread: The General Discussion Lounge

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Does anyone agree with me about, The Crepes of Wrath I feel it was a very poor episode 1.5/5????? I went on a rate and review and it got a above average rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewisgray1995 View Post
    Does anyone agree with me about, The Crepes of Wrath I feel it was a very poor episode 1.5/5????? I went on a rate and review and it got a above average rating.
    Considering that I enjoyed Homer's naivety (rather than outright stupidity you see nowadays) with the Albanian spy, no, I do not agree about it being poor. In fact, it's one of Season 1's better episodes.

Blog Entries

the ending of the episode, as well as pretty much everything in the sub plot, is great. what don't you like about it?

continuously shaking head c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's one of the better ones of season 1; I'd put it in the B range. It did drag a bit but it had some pretty good animation for season 1 and by no means is it a 1.5/5.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I mean, it's not one of the funniest episodes, but it's subtle and way darker than anything they'd try today, and pretty ambitious for the time

yea it's not spectacular. the ending bothers me a bit. "oh my god i suddenly know french!"
    We are trying to archive all of the noteworthy, substantial and important Simpsons related posts/threads on the NHC. This website hosts an enormous library of great observations that ought to be catalogued in a library of online criticism. If you know of any threads that fit this bill PLEASE CONTRIBUTE to the link below.

CLICK HERE

Also of interest:
    My grades and reviews of every episode from seasons 1-7

Blog Entries

feel free to discuss it in the rate & review thread, if you want

I started this thread 6 years ago and people still post in it. holy shit.

this is my one lasting board contribution.

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When watching Bart of War, I always wonder where that kid in the middle comes from.
    Is he also featured in other episodes and in which class is he actually sitting because I can't remember seeing him in Springfield Elementary. It surprised me that they used him as a part of the group instead of other less obscure minor kid-characters like Uter or Wendell.

if I remember correctly his name is Martin Prince, he first appears in "Bart gets an F" I think, and he plays the loot and shit. In fact I think he's a pretty common character and made a lot of appearances.

call yourself a fan?

Blog Entries

You know I wasn't talking about Martin.

Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    When watching Bart of War, I always wonder where that kid in the middle comes from.
    Is he also featured in other episodes and in which class is he actually sitting because I can't remember seeing him in Springfield Elementary. It surprised me that they used him as a part of the group instead of other less obscure minor kid-characters like Uter or Wendell.
    I don't think so... I have never seem him along the classmates of Springfield Elementary and I think he might of come from somewhere else just to show the penchant for including weird looking but realistic characters like this one.

It would dilute this if we saw him everywhere though.
    My Simpsons Season 25 Ratings/Reviews:
    Homerland (3.5/10) Treehouse of Horror XXIV (5.0/10) Four Regrettings and a Funeral (4.0/10) YOLO (4.5/10) Labor Pains (5.0/10) The Kid is All Right (3.0/10) Yellow Subterfuge (5.5/10) White Christmas Blues (1.5/10) Steal This Episode (7.0/10) Married to the Blob (5.5/10) Specs and the City (4.5/10)

person who looks like a thing Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Isn't he Cosine, one of the Superfriends?
    Favourite/least favourite by seasons that I own (somewhat stolen from Financial Panther):

3 - Bart the Lover/When Flanders Failed 4 - Homer's Triple Bypass/So it's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5 - Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadassssss Song/Bart's Inner Child 6 - And Maggie Makes Three/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7 - Bart Sells His Soul/Homerpalooza 8 - Homer's Enemy/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9 - King of the Hill/Trash of the Titans 10 - Wild Barts Can't Be Broken/Make Room for Lisa

R.I.P. Marcia "Edna" Wallace! Edgar Allan Moz's Avatar

I was just reading this article (it's Simpsons related), what do you all think about it? Do you agree or disagree with it?

http://move.themaneater.com/stories/...ead-after-all/

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

'the reason' the show is still on isn't that they still have genius in them, it's that they want to break every record they possibly can.

continuously shaking head c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

so basically that article is saying the show is still going because of genius (correction: money), and that it's "not dead" because it's been 500 episodes and is "iconic". But it still insists that it's "dry", "old" and "dragging on"

essentially the message is: The Simpsons has had 500 episodes, which is what makes it good.

very poorly written article.

I agree, it was poorly written but the article made a good point: love it or hate it, you'll miss it when it's over. Granted the seasons have good episodes and bad lately, I just appreciate that they're willing to keep the show going for us fans!

Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

Thumbs Down!

Longevity is one thing but there comes a time when it clearly has to end. It feels like the writer is trying to justify the reasons for still watching the show and the reasons for why it should still stay on; while it does have potential, it's not using that potential well and if it's not using that potential well then what's the purpose of even keeping it on? Granted it is a part of society but the same can be said for Two and a Half Men, CSI, South Park and Arthur, (all of those shows are still going in modern society, show no signs of ending and were pretty big in the times that they debuted.) and those shows have been varying of quality as of late. If it has potential then they should use it to make the show as good as ever; they shouldn't let it lay around to waste. Even then, the time has come for the show to end.

One thing the article gets correct is that whenever a show ends, people will get sad. This is not specific to The Simpsons, it could apply to any show really; we'll miss it for a while and then we'll get over it eventually and learn to look back at the good times and how they went out on top, or how that show was still airing new episodes; change is difficult for most people but we get used to it, don't see why it has to apply specifically for The Simpsons though.

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    Isn't he Cosine, one of the Superfriends?
    http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Cosine

So with that said, are you saying that Fox shouldn't have ordered two more seasons (Season 24 and 25)? Where are you all at right now: optimistic that they may put out some quality episodes or should they stop while they're ahead?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stanton View Post
    Looks the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozy View Post
    So with that said, are you saying that Fox shouldn't have ordered two more seasons (Season 24 and 25)?
    Pretty much, yeah.

I know a lot of people will miss The Simpsons, but I won't. I've always got my DVDs to keep me entertained, and there are still a ton of episodes I have not yet seen. Right now, I wouldn't really care whether The Simpsons ended or not. I've become really apathetic towards this question.

Moral Orel freak HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mozy View Post
    or should they stop while they're ahead?
    ROFL
    Quote Originally Posted by ofhf View Post
    I was always a pointless guy
    Its a little known fact that Freddy is actually a huge fan of David Letterman. The Fresh Prince upset Freddy when he turned Letterman off, and his punishment is death.

I wonder if the comics will continue once the show stops.

oh, you see right through me

yeah he's that cosine guy from "Bart's Comet".

This lady at the nursing home is DRIVING ME INSANE! I wonder if the Simpsons are this irritable when they visit Abe.
    Last edited by Edgar Allan Moz; 02-27-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Blog Entries

I wonder if the comics will continue once the show stops.
    Probably.

formerly shutupa yo face moneychair2003's Avatar

I've always wondered how the storyboard process exactly happens in the production of a typical Simpsons episode. How do you all think it goes like?

For some reason, I've just always pictured it goes a little something like this...
    Check out my NFL blog. I write articles about every upcoming match, my predictions for those matches, what games are worth watching, and about everything else happening in the NFL. http://backbayfuturesportsmanagers.com/

http://www.reddit.com/user/ac519/

Hahaha I bet all the Rocko writers where laughing at themselves when they wrote this
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

Thread Information