View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

45 29.22%
  • 4/5

57 37.01%
  • 3/5

33 21.43%
  • 2/5

13 8.44%
  • 1/5

6 3.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R&R They Saved Lisa's Brain

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

R&R They Saved Lisa's Brain

Very good episode and one of the highlights of Season 10. Lisa was characterized very well. Though it did have its problems and the episode started off quite slow and had quite a mixed ending. Act 2 was excellent though.

Act 1 - C+
    Act 2 - A!
    Act 3 - B
    Overall - B/B+

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

One of the few decent episodes of the season, and I enjoy it quite a bit. I just find the premise fun, and Stephen Hawking's appearance is hilarious to me. Characterizations aren't good; Lisa still sounds like an adult and slightly arrogant, but not enough to bother me. Homer's subplot is pretty "meh", but nothing horrible there. People often complain about the wacky first act, but I found it funny too. "Please...no more spark plugs"

B+
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

Stonecutter

I personally hated that line. How would you rate the episode by acts Fuzzy?

4/5
    I haven't seen this in a while, most of what I remember was positive though

That Veronica Vaughn..... Ryan_'s Avatar

I found it ok, nothing special.. But defnitely above average for S10

barts friend

4/5

Stonecutter

I don't really like this episode. It's quite dull and nothing stands out. 3/5 C-

back in black

Stephen Hawking's guest appearance (to me) was disappointing, but ironically it's one of the better endings of Season 10, and there's some great commentary on how some people take their intelligence for granted. (Hawking's line "big deal, my IQ is 280" is NOT to be taken even slightly seriously, especially since Hawking himself said that people who boast about their IQ are idiots - something I hope most of you realized.)

Neither the opening nor the ending is great, but the rest of the episode is. The best of Season 10, and one of two in this season (the other being Wild Barts Can't Be Broken) I give 5/5.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

A very good subject matter. We all live in a community where we wish it had better leadership, but sometimes, it helps not to exaggerate on who's really suitable for the job.

4.75/5

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I loved in first watching. I find it more or less average nowadays. Comic Book Guy and Stephen Hawkings were great and I also liked the grotesque show in first act (though Bart riding the pig was a little too much). Evrything else is ok, there is good humor during the whole thing and the execution of the premise is reasonably well handled but it seems kind of artificial to see such a random bunch of characters (one of them an 8 years old girl) becoming leaders of a community.

I have a little special feeling for this epsdoe, because it was one of the first I videotaped, the year I started videotaping episodes (now I'got them all recorded). Plus, I'm also a Mensa member, since last year.

Overall it's an OK episode, some nice gags here and there, though a little rough in some places (the people attacking the leaders, for example).

Grade: B
    Si eres capaz de entender esto, es que sabes un poco de español (o que estás utilizando Babelfish, cosa que no te recomiendo)

I just watched this episode again on the Season 10 DVD and I have to say it's easily one of the best episodes in Season 10. One of the few Season 10 episodes which doesn't revolve around Homer. I liked the use of secondary characters which wouldn't normally appear together, and it's just generally a very good episode. Not quite a classic, but a good...

4/5
    Lightspeed Briefs, as seen in your dreams.
    My deviantART page

purple is a fruit

Good for what I can remember has some great moments 4/5.

4/5, this episode is in my top 5 from Season 10.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

I loved this one! Best of season 10 imho.

NHC's Resident Lisa Kyoya Otori's Avatar

4/5. One of the better Season 10 episodes.

It's a good episode from season 10 even when Lisa isn't really a favourite character from me. 3.5/5

'The Infamous Collector'. Simpsons_Fanboy's Avatar
    "America- where any man can make quick money with no questions asked."

Decent episode. IMO, the episode was pure gold up until the arguement Mensa had over certain ideas. That's when it went downhill for me. Also, the subplot really dragged on, it was so out of whack. Overall, mediocre, inconsistent episode. 3/5
    Last edited by Simpsons_Fanboy; 03-05-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Worst. Signature. Ever.

Pretty average... I must remind myself to play that game with the pots.
    3/5.
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

One of the few bright spots in the sea of shit that is season 10, although the subplot, third act and arrogant Lisa bring it down quite a bit. The first 2 acts are great. B-
    "Evolution is silly," AJ adds. "Monkeys? Um, no."

SuperFriend Theres Always a Bigger Fish's Avatar

I don't like this episode, although I absolutely love the part where Quimby escapes. Other than that, not really much though.

C-

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

Another pretty good Lisa related episode. It's not one of my favorites from the season, but it's one of the rare later episodes that have the touch of the early years, such as seasons 2 and 3. It reminds me of Mr. Lisa goes to Washington or Lisa's substutute in some way.

Although the begining was a little bit Scully-ish and wacky, it was quite entertaining. There were some funny jokes at the contest, such as Barney winning the audience and judges with his burping. Lisa is her classic self in the first act, and the episode picks up from the moment when she writes the letter. The Mensa scenes were great, comic book guy and Frink shined in particular.

Meanwhile, we get in the subplot which brought the episode down in my opinion. It wasn't very nessesary and it's not the type of humor that belongs in The Simpsons. Seems like season 10 is the one with terrible subplots and I'm glad that trend didn't continue in the next seasons.

The third act was also good, the appearence of Stephen Hawking was excellent. Some of the other great moments here include Moe being excited about his invitation to the court, ''Larry Flint is right, you guys stink!'' and the conversation between Stephen Hawking and Homer at the end.

B
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

One of the better episodes of Season 10. A grade of 'B' shoud fit here.

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

Very Very Good Ep IMO so a B+ for me
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

Compared to other season 10 episodes, this one really stands out! The "riot" in Act 1 and the Homer subplot were the only parts of this episode that I find dull.

A-

the original Sex Pistol

B+, a good episode, but maybe the best in s10, includes a very good guest star

Quote Originally Posted by grissom View Post
    4/5
    I haven't seen this in a while, most of what I remember was positive though
    Me too.
    Here comes the rain again...

Banned

season 10 might have its ups and downs but is a lot better than season 11 and 12,at least seasons 13 14 15 had more spotlight on the entire familly and better subplot,and there is nothing wrong with season 10 at all and it is not on the same line like season 11 which had no good subplot or episodes,every season have is worst episodes and is good ones.

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

meh, Stephen Hawking kind of saved the it. 3.5/5

Stephen Hawking's appearance is the only thing worth mentioning.

The episode itself was unbelievably dull, as it lacked any real spark.

Thread Information