View Poll Results: How would you rate GABF20?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

123 29.93%
  • 4/5

137 33.33%
  • 3/5

86 20.92%
  • 2/5

33 8.03%
  • 1/5

32 7.79%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review Marge's Son Poisoning (GABF20)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate/Review Marge's Son Poisoning (GABF20)

Bart sees that Marge is lonely so he offers to spend more time with her, going on tandem bicycle rides and redecorating the treehouse as a "teahouse", until bullies from school find out and accuse Bart of being a "mama's boy". When Marge learns of this, she gives him the necessary tools to win back his reputation. Meanwhile, Homer joins Moe in a professional arm-wrestling circuit.

Thread will open as soon as I madly race back over and unlock the thread once the episode finishes.

I can't think of a single problem I had with that episode or any joke I didn't at least like. I think that may have been one of the most perfect episodes in eight years.

PS: Fabulous couch gag.
    Signature.

Junior Camper

Simply amazing....need I say more?

Stonecutter

It was a pretty damn good episode. Not perfect, but still 5/5 worthy.

Really really good. The bart-marge dynamic was played really well. Bart's willing attitude to go to the tea shop at first puzzled me but was resolved quite nicely. subplot was really entertaining. outrageous couch gag. well written, really, keep this new guy on board. A- or higher

not one single bad part 10/10 great ending

Booger wall...yuck. But the rest was good and fun. I liked the cut to Homer and Moe walking on the beach, "Will you teach us how to smoke?", and Bart's line about the tea house making their real house look like crap. Marge feeling lonely worked emotionally, too.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

I must say that I quite liked that episode. I loved how it was Marge who broke things up instead of Bart. It wasn't spectacular, but there was really nothing wrong with it. I did have a couple problems:

- Skinner's voice sounded different
    - Booger wall
    - There could have been a bit of a betetr buildup to the bullies taunting Bart. Maybe more students seeing Bart & Marge together.
    - There was no buildup to Homer's problems with Marge. It would have been better without that part or if they had actually had a little buildup. It would have been easy. just have Marge miss something she promised to do with Homer. That's why he goes to the arm wrestling thing, then realizes he'd rather be with Marge.

It was a good episode though. The couch gag was VERY original and is one of the best in recent years. All in all a solid episode. Best this season so far!

4/5

Bonus: The Rich Texan was actually funny for once!
    Last edited by Scorpion McClure; 11-13-2005 at 05:50 PM.

A few jokes fell flat, but this was an overall highly emotional episode. It had an exceptionally strong story, and the characterizations were perfect.

Hats off to another brilliant episode! :thumbsup

4.75/5

6 Months Gone, Still Hated. Wasteland's Avatar

Great episode. The extra-long couch gag was hilarious. And Jimbo, Dolph, and Kearney's rendition of "My Sharona" was probably one of the funniest scenes I've seen in a long time. 4/5.

THIS HAS BEEN A FILMWAYS PRESENTATION!

5/5
    Awesome, awesome episode. So far the best of the season behind "The Girl Who Slept Too Little". The B-Storyline worked perfect alongside the main story and it had some of the best, and most jokes in an episode in a long time. At first I thought the couch gag was going to be a little-bit-more detailed one of the couch monster from season 3, but it ended up being one of the most Springfield-wide ones ever.
    Hilarious, perfect episode.
    [SIZE=1]

Galalimit

What show are you guys watching? It was so boring, I didn't laugh once. Only good part was the couch gag. D-

The cosmic ballet goes on.. Radioactive Man's Avatar

Had a much stronger story than I thought it would considering it must have been way short, the reason for the long couch gag. The couch gag was good, but I really didn't think the show was that funny. I was only mildly entertained. 3/5. Good lord how Marge's voice annoys me.

There wasn't a whole lot that was great, but nothing sucked. 3/5

Couch gag was excellent though.
    Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage.

huh?

Only turned on halfway through, so I'm not going to grade it, but I will say that the whole arm wrestling thing looked like a great subplot.

No wonder he won Minnesota. Sarcastic Guy II's Avatar

Boring. 2/5
    I was saying "Boo-urns."

Season 19 Ratings:
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - A
    The Homer of Seville - C+
    Midnight Towboy - A+
    I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - A

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That opening....WTF? THoH short number 4? Usually these kinds of openings are the kiss of death for the ensuing episode, but this was the exception. It wasn't the most enthralling episode, but at least it kept my attention, despite Homer's sub plot was entirely pointless.

2.5 rounded to 3/5, which is the way of the show these days.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    Homer's sub plot was entirely pointless.
    Wrong.

I'm not even going to dignify that with a grade. So many jokes fell flat for me, and I was pretty bored throughout. My sister, who's twelve, was watching it with me, and even she thought it was bad. I am seriously thinking about giving up on this show.

Galalimit

Why do you always do that Tomacco? Like when you shrugged that guy off a few weeks back for thinking Round Springfield(another Jean episode) was the worst episode ever in his opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

It seems like you can't accept the fact that not everyone is madly in love with the Jean era like you are.

old and in the way Samuel L Bronkowitz's Avatar

entertaining, but not gut-bustingly funny (although I did laugh at "I entered a pie-eating contest on the way home").

3.5/5

A- This episode was without a doubt the best episode of this season. The jokes were on target with the Mr.T's Irish brother making me laugh out loud and others were funny too. The only major problem was the beginning of the episode where Homer takes the bumper car out on the streetcar tracks for a joyride. The ending was surprising with Marge solving the problem instead of Homer. One question did Lisa speak at all in this episode because I don’t think I remember hearing her voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Galalimit
    Why do you always do that Tomacco? Like when you shrugged that guy off a few weeks back for thinking Round Springfield(another Jean episode) was the worst episode ever in his opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

It seems like you can't accept the fact that not everyone is madly in love with the Jean era like you are.
    #1 - I'm not in love with it. See mediocre to bad reviews of two episodes this year alone.

#2 - It is fact that Homer's story had narrative significance to the main story. It's not opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    It sucks when your opinion falls in the minority, doesn't it? ;-/

One question did Lisa speak at all in this episode because I don’t think I remember hearing her voice?
    Yeah, she spoke to Bart when he was destroying his newly refurbished treehouse.

Did anyone else notice that Skinner sounded different? His voice was more nasally...

Stonecutter

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    Homer could've totally dissappeared after buying the dumbell and reappeared at the very end with the trophy. That could've left more time for Bart and Marge.
    I thought this episode had a perfect balance between its A and B plot. Dropping the Homer subplot would've ruined it.

Galalimit

No, the arm wrestling subplot had nothing to do with the main plot. Bart and Marge were already riding together before that subplot even started. It didn't come up until later, they're separate stories.

pee air true dough Larson Something's Avatar

Very good stuff. Plot hung together well, no huge laughs, but plenty of moderate-to-big ones.

I knew that music during the "Marge alone with the bike," sequence was familiar, and then the bus to Miami shot made it obvious. (Midnight Cowboy)

And hearing Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney doing "My Sharona" just reminds me how incredibly creepy that song is.

Somewhere between a B and a B+. 4 for the poll.

No, the arm wrestling subplot had nothing to do with the main plot. Bart and Marge were already riding together before that subplot even started. It didn't come up until later, they're separate stories.
    Am I the only one who realized the significance of the B story? It's not of the utmost importance, but it does intersect with the A story and add to it.

And actually, it started when Homer bought the free-weight.

Great episode. The Homer sub-plot was great. The best episode of the season so far. 5/5

Thread Information