View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

42 34.71%
  • 4/5

52 42.98%
  • 3/5

25 20.66%
  • 2/5

2 1.65%
  • 1/5

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R Brother from the same planet

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

barts friend

R&R Brother from the same planet

3/5 It really did not do much for me

4.5/5 - Pretty underrated if you ask me.

UR CLOTHES GIVE THEM TO ME Upgrayedd's Avatar

Worth a watch. (B)

Pin Pal

Never really rated this one if you ask me. In fact, along with Itchy & Scratchy: the Movie and Marge Gets a Job I'd probably put this in the bottom 3 of season 4. Homer is somewhat irritating in the sense that he seems almost proud of his stupidity in his attempt to point score over Bart and his surrogate father, and the night scene with Homer and Pepe ("I love you Papa" - "I love you too, Pepsi) is so sickly sentimental (even if intentionally so in an ironic way) it almost makes me want to gag. 6.5/10 or a B-, but that's the lowest it gets for a Season 4 episode.

Like most shows I watch, The Fight scene at the end won me over!
    I died laff'n when Bart told Homer he was Faking it. Wheeeee!

That Veronica Vaughn..... Ryan_'s Avatar

5/5. I love this episode, just like Homer loves Pepsi. Er, Pepi.

I think this episode is very underrated.4/5

I love the ending, the rest is nothing special but i agree that its worth the watch. B/B+

back in black

Quote Originally Posted by Bort
    Worth a watch. (B)
    That just about sums it. As Season 4 goes, it's at the bottom of the barrel, but it's good enough that I named my cat Pepi (and yes, I've called him Pepsi several times). After rating all these "crap" Season 4 episodes, I've never given a grade lower than B- (3/5).
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

One of the episodes I caught a glimpse of when I was little. Very funny stuff, especially the Ren & Stimpy and Itchy & Scratchy cartoons.

4/5

Great episode. Lots of really funny jokes. This episode is a little underrated. The Simpsons went back to its sit-com roots for this episode and i dont think people liked that, but i thought it was done well. 4/5

On another note, does anyone else think it would have been cooler to have Tom Cruise Tom Cruise in this episode?

It's one of the weaker season 4 episodes. It's a rare case of pre-Mirkin wackiness that, while funny, feels a bit strange. I'd give it a 'B', or a 4/5.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Good episode, great one episode character from Phil, A-
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Nothing to say

4/5
    Very good episode actually, good jokes , and the fight in the end was very fun

Brother From The Same Planet is probably the first episode that features Homer disappointing Bart by thoroughly failing in his duties as a father. It is interesting to see Bart finally get someone like Tom who is the ideal father for Bart (someone who Bart can look up to) and Homer finding a boy who is the ideal son for him (very timid and obedient and forgiving to Homer's lack of knowledge). However, the actual emotional conflict between Homer and Bart is a little lightweight and doesn't eactly reveal a whole dimension to their relationship. It just concludes with Bart finally seeing his father do things that are somewhat cool which redeems Homer in Bart's eyes.

Both Pepi and Tom are good one-timers. Lisa's subplot I also find decent. Only the fight scene seems a little silly to me but it is still is a well-done slapstick sequence. And some of the gags here are pure gold : Krusty's Tuesday Night Live, Homer's brain banter, "Trab pu kcip'' , The Psycho parody with Skinner, Homer naming all the constellations and correcting the pronunciation, Kent Brockman being tricked into uttering I. P Freely. I can't steady my mind on the one really disturbing joke (you know the one I'm talking about). My grade for this episode hovers between B+/A-
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    after I told him my name, he beat seven shades out of me and left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and a brush shoved in where the sun doesn't shine

The Magic 7

Underrated, one of my favourites from season 4. 5/5
    Top 25 episodes:
    1. Treehouse Of Horror V
    2. Homer The Heretic
    3. Bart After Dark
    4. Homer Badman
    5. Homer's Enemy
    6. Cape Feare
    7. Rosebud
    8. Bart On The Road
    9. Bart's Friend Falls In Love
    10. Marge Be Not Proud
    11. Round Springfield
    12. My Fair Laddy
    13. Last Exit To Springfield
    14. The Joy Of Sect
    15. Hurracaine Neddy
    16. Simple Simpsons
    17. Lisa's Substitue
    18. Simpsoncalifragilisticexpialad'ohcious
    19. Mother Simpson
    20. Old Money
    21. In Marge We Trust
    22. Trilogy Of Error
    23. New Kid On The Block
    24. Hungry, Hungry Homer
    25. Brother From the Same Planet

This episode had bland forgettable feel to me. I gave it a 3

VERY underrated. Worthy of a 4/5 rating.

4/5, an underrated episode.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Junior Camper

trab pu kcip!
    trab pu kcip!
    Milhouse what have we told you about writing on the walls, go to your room!

And see that big dipper looking thing? Thats Alan... the cowboy.

4/5

It was a good episode. Not one of my favorites, but still pretty darn good. That fight scene was hilarious. 4/5

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

one of Sideshow Bob's best episodes, 5/5

Decent episode, though a tad weak for Season 4. Of course, you just can't go wrong with Phil Hartman. 4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatAsianGuy View Post
    one of Sideshow Bob's best episodes, 5/5
    Err...you're thinking of "Brother from Another Series".

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Imperciph View Post
    Brother From The Same Planet is probably the first episode that features Homer disappointing Bart by thoroughly failing in his duties as a father. It is interesting to see Bart finally get someone like Tom who is the ideal father for Bart (someone who Bart can look up to) and Homer finding a boy who is the ideal son for him (very timid and obedient and forgiving to Homer's lack of knowledge). However, the actual emotional conflict between Homer and Bart is a little lightweight and doesn't eactly reveal a whole dimension to their relationship. It just concludes with Bart finally seeing his father do things that are somewhat cool which redeems Homer in Bart's eyes.

Both Pepi and Tom are good one-timers. Lisa's subplot I also find decent. Only the fight scene seems a little silly to me but it is still is a well-done slapstick sequence. And some of the gags here are pure gold : Krusty's Tuesday Night Live, Homer's brain banter, "Trab pu kcip'' , The Psycho parody with Skinner, Homer naming all the constellations and correcting the pronunciation, Kent Brockman being tricked into uttering I. P Freely. I can't steady my mind on the one really disturbing joke (you know the one I'm talking about). My grade for this episode hovers between B+/A-
    What's the disturbing joke that you're talking about?

not really one of my favorite episodes, story is ok, but mostly boring, especially because it's not so funny most of the time.

2.5/5

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away ..."

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

Classic Episode, A

"hehe, Just like oscar the grouch."
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorsrule View Post
    What's the disturbing joke that you're talking about?
    i am going to guess that the joke was:

Homer: Remember when I used to push you on the swing?
    Bart: I was faking it.
    Homer: Gasp! Liar!
    Bart: Oh yeah? Remember this? ``Higher, Dad! Higher! Whee!'' (Simultaneously Homer says "No! No! No!")

which is seen as a sexual innuendo... get it

i actually like this episode (about A-/A, maybe?) but will post my review later if i'd want to...
    calmer than you are

Junior Camper

I have very mixed feelings about this episode. I thoroughly enjoyed the first half episode -indeed the scenes with Bart waiting in the rain and unsuccessfully sending out subliminal messages while Homer relaxes at home struggling to remember what he's supposed to do are some of my favorites from the show -but I thought Homer became obnoxious after Bart joined the Big Brother program. I loved Phil Hartman's performance and Homer's interaction with Pepi but I thought the resolution of the plot was somewhat of a cop-out and made for a very weak final act.

Still, the good from this show outweighs the bad so I'm going to be generous and give it a 4/5

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

great funny episode

Has glower power Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I find this a great episode, with some clever animation, such as the ice cream on Bart's head. The jokes about Homer forgetting to pick up Bart are hilarious, and the woman in the car that looks like Homer... that's just pure Simpsons comedy. The episode also has some unforgettable quotes, such as the "Pepsi" gag, and "Do you have him in blond?" It only gets better from there, with the fight scene keeping me in stitches ("Look. There's another disadvantadged boy!") I didn't know that the "Higher, dad, higher" was a joke, but this episode screams "classic" all over it.

Thread Information