• 2/5

5 3.79%
  • 1/5

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R&R: "This Little Wiggy"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R: "This Little Wiggy"

Nowhere near the Scully era classic it's made out to be. It's the first sighting of 'weird Ralph', Bart just uses Ralph as a toy to get the skeleton key, never actually becoming friends...do people actually think this is better than I Love Lisa? D+
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless
    do people actually think this is better than I Love Lisa? D+
    No i doubt it, anyway i used to really like this episode a couple of years ago but after a recent rewatch i changed my opinion and found it quite bland. 3/5

Dr. Bartley

It's a okay episode. 4/5

This episode redefines the term "average". The only real highlight is the universal key.

3/5

Mad without power

The third act is a little weak, but it's still one of Season 9's better episodes.

4/5

(But no way in hell does it beat "I Love Lisa")
    Season 19 Ratings - Now More Bitter Than Ever!
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs -

More Season 9 mediocrity. C

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrayman
    No i doubt it, anyway i used to really like this episode a couple of years ago but after a recent rewatch i changed my opinion and found it quite bland. 3/5
    there was a thread a while ago, 'i love lisa' vs. 'this little wiggy'...'i love lisa' had a narrow victory. unbelivable.

This episode, for me, is probably the exact point where Ralph went from likeable and funny to annoying and irritating. Still, not as bad as many of the other episodes in seasons 9-12. 3/5

How can anyone say that this is better than "I Love Lisa"?

Funny at times and very enjoyable for me. 4/5

back in black

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless
    there was a thread a while ago, 'i love lisa' vs. 'this little wiggy'...'i love lisa' had a narrow victory. unbelivable.
    It was decided by the same people that gave "Bart-Mangled Banner" so many 5/5 grades in the poll for that episode.

I was not one of those people. While I did enjoy much of the episode (and a full opening, very rare on episodes from this time) through the Knowledgeum, Ralph wasn't nearly as memorable as he was in "I Love Lisa" or various other previous episodes. And am I the only one here who thinks the ending is pretty stupid?

3/5, overall.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Another boring year

3/5 It's a ok episode
    scuse me if i write bad (the english kick my ass)

barts friend

4/5

Meh. 3/5

Another shining example of wasted potential. An oppurtunity of a great follow-up to the classic "I love Lisa" is wasted by putting one-liners in Ralph's mouth. In "I love Lisa" Ralph was the slow, stupid yet a sweet boy who just wanted some friends. This episode can be considered as the "jump the shark" moment for Ralph, with him saying things like "I found a moon rock in my nose!" and "The leprechaun told me to burn things" for the sake of being funny. He is no longer the sweet stupid boy, here he is just....retarded.

Apart from Ralph chracterization problems, this episode does have some decent jokes such as "Yeah, well, I hope the irony's not lost on you, Simpson." But the Quimby on electric chair went on for a ridiculous amount of time and was quite bad.

Now, onto the ending. The episode is about to be redeemed by an almost sweet ending by everybody acting nice to Ralph for encouraging him and then out of nowhere, a leprechaun appears and tells him to burn down the house.

This ridiculous ending brings down the quality even farther. C
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    after I told him my name, he beat seven shades out of me and left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and a brush shoved in where the sun doesn't shine

This episode is really good imo, extremely underrated 4.5/5

Dr. Bartley

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Peter
    It was decided by the same people that gave "Bart-Mangled Banner" so many 5/5 grades in the poll for that episode.

This episode recently aired in syndication where I live. So I decided to watch it today on my Tivo. I must say, I've probably seen this episode about three times before, and I was almost pinching myself to stay interested, alas it didn't work, and I went on to other better things, like Lost season 2. It is a shining example of one of season nine's biggest errors, it's incredibly boring. The "plot" with Bart and Ralph does nothing and is basically comprised of them running around with Ralph as a surrogate-Milhouse. The big climax, with the abandoned prison was mediocre, but once the whole plot with the mayor getting electrocuted came, it became incredibly stupid and I felt insulted that it could be resolved so easily. Not to mention that this is when Ralph went from naive young boy, to a mentally retarded child. I can't imagine that there will be anything interesting on the DVD commentary for this.

C-/D+

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

I'd give it a B/B- Nowhere near as good as "I Love Lisa", it was pretty much the last Ralph performance where he wasn't completely retarded. The ending, with the leprechaun and all, was one of those WTF moments common during the Scully Years
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Now, onto the ending. The episode is about to be redeemed by an almost sweet ending by everybody acting nice to Ralph for encouraging him and then out of nowhere, a leprechaun appears and tells him to burn down the house.
    In contrast, pretty much everyone I know (casual simpsons fans) love that scene. So many people here love the heartfelt stuff. Must be great with the ladies (not sarcastic).

I loved this episode, Ralph was at his best, not overly retarded, but his...strange self. Loved Marge taking pity on him, and the "slow and steady wins the race!" being proved as a bunch of crap. Then comes the rather fun playdate, complete with hide-and-go-seek forever and the leprachaun that tells me to burn things (That is probably my second favorite Ralph moment, the first being him in Lisa the Skeptic). Universal key was a rather interesting device, allowing Bart and Ralph to go crazy and then cause the choice between bullies...or Ralph. And of course, huckleberries. I thought the ending with the mayor in the real electric chair to be rather...farfetched...and I thought Lisa would have known the chances of a rocket message reaching in time were slim-to-none. But ah well, at least we still got that hilarious ending where Ralph gets the credit for what Lisa did.

So pretty much, I loved this episode, some of the best moments was when Ralph gets pushed in mud (not as entertainment!), the leprachaun, and the "Oh come on, Lees. It's Ralph!"

4/5. Ending was too out there for my tastes

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

WOW,I didn't know this episode was hated this much. I always liked it,Ralph's characterisation in this episode makes me laugh every time. Every single line that Ralph said was hilarious. I gave it 5/5

Your opinions confuse me. I always thought this episode was concidered as a classic,but I was wrong...
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

Tougher! Rougher! Badder! I Love Lisa's Avatar

I liked ralph in this episode, what with his leprechaun. 4/5

Living Through This

Pretty average, thought the ending was a big W.T.F moment for me

3/5

The Chunnel's gonna blow!

3/5. Just okay.
    Season 18 Grades
    The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer: C+
    Jazzy and the Pussycats: D-
    Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em...: F
    Treehouse of Horror XVII: C-
    G.I. D'oh: B-
    Moe 'N' A Lisa: B
    Ice Cream of Margie (With the Light Blue Hair): B
    The Haw-Hawed Couple: B
    Kill Gil: Vols. 1 & 2: C
    The Wife Aquatic: N/A
    Revenge is a Dish Best Served Three Times: C
    Little Big Girl: A-
    Springfield Up: A-
    Yokel Chords: B
    Rome-old and Juli-eh: C-
    Homerazzi: B
    Marge Gamer: B-
    The Boys of Bummer: B
    Crook and Ladder: C-
    Stop Or My Dog Will Shoot!: C-
    24 Minutes: A-
    You Kent Always Say What You Want: C

Season Rankings
    4>7>3>8>6>5>2>9>1>10>15>13>14>12>18>11>17>16

I enjoyed this episode when it aired, and still think that it's pretty good, but I mean really, as good as "I love Lisa"??????????? Also, I think they they could have used less retarted ralf, and more of learnig about clancey.

laughing time is ovah! Henrik P's Avatar

Another average episode. 3/5.
    It's OK.

4/5 B

I haven't seen this one in a while but I remember liking it and it was pretty funny.

This sentence is a lie. Elkwood's Avatar

5/5

He's gonna smell like hotdogs!
    Critics are raving over Maggie's Toilet Training!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    Maggie's toilet training is the smash hit fan-fic of the season! Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by James L. Brookes View Post
    iMuy Excellente! This has really been capturing the feel of classic Simpsons wackyness!

4/5, quite an enjoyable episode.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

'The Infamous Collector'. Simpsons_Fanboy's Avatar
    "America- where any man can make quick money with no questions asked."

4/5

I had initially gave the episode a 5/5, but then I remembered the flabbergasting ending with the Leprechaun ordering Ralph to burn the House down. It destroyed a perfect heartfelt moment.

Worst. Signature. Ever.

Ugh. Ralph's characterisation is simply terrible. What happened to his status that was seen in episodes like "I Love Lisa"? That said, this episode was good in the first half, but slided down very quickly. The ending was a sad, stupid joke.

C.

Thread Information