View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

21 22.58%
  • 4/5

43 46.24%
  • 3/5

21 22.58%
  • 2/5

7 7.53%
  • 1/5

1 1.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R Realty Bites

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

barts friend

R&R Realty Bites

4/5

It's Just A Flesh Wound ppoi307's Avatar

a solid 4/5

back in black

Solid, but unspectacular. It's a treat for having both great characterization of Marge and great roles from other characters, though there are still some scenes the episode could've done without (it's tough to make a good episode with a lot of focus on Marge to begin with, but it could've also done without the seized booty, the ad booty, and the piano wire trap). And this isn't the first R&R thread with the title "Reality Bites". My grade is 4/5.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Calendar Time Killer

3/5. Last night when I watched the episode during 7:30, I saw the part where Marge was in a house for sale imagining floating heads when I used the punch balloons.

This must be the most frequently mistitled episode in the whole show. It's REALTY bites. Anyway C+, a typical Season 9 episode - mediocre but not obscenely bad just yet.

Back but still forgotten

Solid 4/5
    Oh....you better believe thats a paddlin

Solid episode. 4/5

Like everyone else has said, pretty solid episode. 4/5

Mad without power

3/5

Lionel Hutz was unusually bland in this one, like the episode as a whole.
    Season 19 Ratings - Now More Bitter Than Ever!
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs -

can't talk; coming down Lizard Queen's Avatar

3/5. I like Marge episodes.

OKish but not terrible. C+/B-
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

Another boring year

4/5 a good episode also i love the subplot about Homer and the Snake's car
    scuse me if i write bad (the english kick my ass)

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

3/5. A funny episode, but the plot bores me. I like when Homer and Snake are fighting, but this episode is just dull

i really like this episode. One of my favorite Marge episodes and i liked a lot how the two plots are connected in the end.
    A-

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away ..."

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have many problems with this episode. First of all, it's amusing and allows to have 22 minutes of good time, but not really funny. Some jokes work, some other ones don't, and the result is as fair as it's mediocre.

Apart from this, I usually identify this episode as the first sign of the Scully-esque bad habits. The plot is not terribly bad, but it feels forced, the idea of making fun of an amputation doesn't look too much assimilated to the series (not because it's pretty disgusting and gore but because of its tone of slapstick absurdity), and it seems that they prefer to give minutes to Homer's stupidities instead of developing Marge well.

So, it's a bottom 5 classic for me. The first sign of decline ever, but still passable. 6/10, it's a pity that the great Lionel Hutz made his last -and worst- appearance here.

Blog Entries

This was one of the better Marge-centric episodes during the Scully tenure. The fact that you featured her in a real estate business had a few off-moments (I didn't like the joke where the one realtor is using a headset cellphone and his mouth is moving while Marge spoke, for example), but it did show Marge's nature and how she didn't want to lie even for the sake of her career, and it did introduce Gil and Cookie Kwan to the fold.

When I was younger, I was more in tune to the B-story, which is Homer buying Snake's jalopy and Snake doing everything in his power to get it back, but when I look at it now, it's a little weaker to me. I never did like the joke where Kirk is complaining about his taco and the piano wire slices his hand off, even though the wire was meant to decapitate Homer. And the fact that Homer starts showcasing his recklessness was an indicator that the character was in early "Jerkass" form.

...and I facepalm so hard Little Nellie Kelly's Avatar

5/5.

Having seen this episode again last night, I will rate it 5/5. It is a solid episode, and very well done. I liked the premise of Marge getting a job, but this time, it does not work out. I just loved the following:

[Marge hears a woman scream]
    Ned: Purple drapes? I've always wanted purple drapes!
    [Ned screams again]

A+

As far as Marge episodes go, this one was pretty good.
    Normally Marge episodes can't hold a canndle to others.
    I think its cuz she's been replaced by this horribly boring character these days.
    Over all I give it a 4/5.

Bart V.S Bob!
    Bart fan!

A somewhat lackluster season 9 effort that interestingly has less to do with horrible characterizations or wacky stories than it does just not being particularly strong in any category.

Marge is relatively likeable, but I'm not a huge fan of the storyline in general with the twists being more acceptable than they are clever. It's also unfortunate that Hutz is used here in easily his worst performance. Homer's role in this episode isn't so much as a jerk as he is a goon in this one, and aside from getting to see more of Snake the subplot wasn't that great either. On the plus side, the two stories literally colliding with each other was a nice touch.

It's not a bad episode by any means, but it's evidence that the show was patchier than ever before at the time. 3/5 (C+)
    Last edited by Nauru-1; 06-19-2010 at 06:15 AM.
    To view various lists about my Simpsons opinions, click the link below.

http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=27253

Has glower power Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just laugh-out-loud hilarious. 5/5.

4/5. One of my favourite episodes of Season 9. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the last appearance of Lionel Hutz?
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Quote Originally Posted by tom cody View Post
    4/5. One of my favourite episodes of Season 9. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the last appearance of Lionel Hutz?
    It's the last speaking-appearance of Lionel Hutz, yes. He appear also in some episodes of season 9 (The Joy of Sect, Trash of the Titans, Lost Our Lisa, etc...), When You Dish Upon a Star (maybe), A Tale of Two Springfields, Moe Baby Blues, but in a not speaking-role.
    Season Rankings : 7 > 5 > 6 > 8 > 4 > 9 > 3 > 2 > 10 > 15 > 16 > 1 > 11 > 14 > 12 > 20 > 18 > 17 > 19 > 13.

Junior Camper

LOL

A funny and brilliant episode from start to finish,A.

Blog Entries

4 / 5
    Great Lionel Hutz appearence. One of my favourite "Marge" episodes.

Blog Entries

Another bad episode in my eyes. Marge's plot is boring, Homer's plot is dumb, the only saving grace in that B-story is him happily singing Luka. The plots tie up ridiculously and the ending is DOA. 1.5/5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    Back in the day, Daffy & Donald were polar opposites, providing a much needed diverse, full spectrum to the public's Duck entertainment needs.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Great episode

5/5

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

This is a pretty good episode, but not great. Homer's plot doesn't really go anywhere until Snake tries to hijack his car, and then it just gets silly. I do, however, like Marge selling the murder house to the Flanderses, and her plot in general. Lionel Hutz is also great. 6/10

Don't you know I am serious!! Rembrandt Q. Einstein_1's Avatar

It's good
    In order to effect the maximum taste out of food such as a boiled sweet.

Blog Entries

has some very funny chunks mixed in with minutes without laughs, so a comedic mixed bag (typical for season 9)

neither plot is all that interesting, with Marge's taking forever to actually gain some momentum, though I like her character here as we see her wishy-washy mannerisms bleed into her salesman technique before abandoning that to sell the "murder house" of all places to the Flanderses, determined to show she's more than a housewife. Homer's plot sucks and is completely void of humor or excitement, just wastes usefel minutes that could've expanded upon Marge's story and made it far more interesting

Hutz is unusually bland here too (guess Scully and co. didn't know how to write him?)

2/5

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Disco View Post
    Hutz is unusually bland here too (guess Scully and co. didn't know how to write him?)

Thread Information