• 2/5

15 7.04%
  • 1/5

9 4.23%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: R&R: "Moaning Lisa"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R: "Moaning Lisa"

The most underrated episode of anything in the universe.

5/5, 8th all time favourite
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

Also one of my favorites. 5/5

Back but still forgotten

Its quite brilliant. 5/5
    Oh....you better believe thats a paddlin

Pin Pal

This is the first episode (as far as I'm aware) that is based around Lisa Simpson, and, as many go, one of the best. It was this episode that really made me attach to Lisa, and feel her feelings in the first place. All this essentially does is explain why I'm closer to her than any other Simpsons character.

For that alone, it has to be a 5/5.
    I'm just like Lisa!
    I'm Lisa, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Is there any wonder I like her so much?

Stonecutter

I don't think it's that underrated. Look at the poll. There's just a few that find it dull. for me A/A+

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

I used to think this was great, but now I realize it probably wasn't the most challenging episode to write. Nothing brilliant, but still effective.

A/A-
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

Another great episode. The sub-plot was funny.

5/5

Pretty good episode...not great though B-

El Duderinho

underrated gem. 5/5

back in black

Not a classic in my books, but everything was decent. I think your rating for the episode depends highly on your appreciation of Lisa; I wasn't a fan of act 1, but I was able to associate with her in the last two acts. Because of this, I'll give it 4/5.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Dr. Bartley

Very nice episode which i enjoy every time.

4.5/5

Great episode:, my second favorite from season 1. Lisa's emotional plight was very well established: an element which I believe set up for latter classics such Lisa's Substitute and Lisa the Iconoclast. This was the first episode that fully established her as a 3-dimensional character so I believe it is an important link in the history of OFF. Even the hilarious Bart and Homer's subplot is not just a subplot for the sake of subplot: it manages to give us a good look about Homer and Barts's relationship too.

A well-deserved A .
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    after I told him my name, he beat seven shades out of me and left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and a brush shoved in where the sun doesn't shine

A The early Lisa episode were astonishing. They really set her character in the perfect place. I think this episode really grows on you. At first, I gave it a B, then a B+. Then, after another viewing, i decided how great it was. Not the best of Season 1 (that would be Life on the Fast Lane) but a solid runner up.

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For some reason I don't really like the subplot but I love this show. Even the animation is great for me. It took me some time to appreciate this episode but I think it's superb rigth now. 5/5

ain't no half steppin Son of Bomber's Avatar

Superb episode, should really re-watch it. 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Bomber
    should really re-watch it. 5/5
    doing that right now

5/5 ep this was one that made lisa my fav char
    milk that's so good.. the strawberry cows want it back !!!!
    OMG LOOK AT THIS
    I'm Lisa, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Pin Pal

5/5. I love this episode.

Junior Camper

A highlight of the 1st season - touching, funny & beautifully acted. 5/5.

It's a good episode with a great story and maybe with less humour. 3.5/5

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away ..."

NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar

An episode dear to my heart, one I can always relate to. Beautiful writing, the first fantastic Lisa characterization that really set the foundation for her character, endearing Lisa/Homer moments, a great Homer/Bart subplot, wonderful Lisa/Marge interaction, and plenty of humor to accompany the emotion. 5/5

NHC's Resident Lisa Kyoya Otori's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HarleenQuinn
    An episode dear to my heart, one I can always relate to. Beautiful writing, the first fantastic Lisa characterization that really set the foundation for her character, endearing Lisa/Homer moments, a great Homer/Bart subplot, wonderful Lisa/Marge interaction, and plenty of humor to accompany the emotion. 5/5
    This sums up my feelings for this excellent episode. 5/5

This episode is truly amazing because you have to adopt the standpoint of the writers who had basically nothing to work from for Lisa's character other than that she was the stereotypical smart sister, but who fleshed her out into the character she'd remain throughout the rest of the series. I also love the art direction in this one. That video-game had some of the funniest visuals in the series, surprising it came from season 1.

5/5

Inbetween fan and freak panterafan06's Avatar

even though it is regarded as a "classic", i only see it as average
    Top 20 Episodes
    20. Homer's Enemy 19. Homie the Clown 18.Trilogy of Error 17. Das Bus 16. RoseBud 15. Bart Sells His Soul14. Summer of 4'2 13. Marge vs. the Monorail 12. Cape Feare 11. Homer at the Bat 10. Mother Simpson 9. Treehouse of Horrer V 8. Homer the Heretic 7. Lisa's Substitute 6. Lisa the Vegetarian 5. Who Shot Mr. Burns? 4. Bart's Comet 3. Lemon of Troy 2. You Only Move Twice 1. Last Exit To Springfield
    Snubs: Duffless, Mountain of Madness, In Marge We Trust, Any Other season 3-9 episode.

4>7>8>6>5>3>2>9>19>15>10>1>13>14>16>12>17>11>18

Because it is one of the best episodes of season 1, i gave it a
    A
    -_-George bhuii.Xx
    -gEoRgE-eYuR-

Heartwarming and uplifting and funny. Season 1 was one of the best.

5/5

A.K.A Max Power

This is actually one of the few episodes I dislike very much,I remember it as pretty depressing and lacking of jokes.
    "To start, press any key." Where's the "Any" key? - Homer Simpson

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer

Banned

This episode is absolutely brilliant. It has arguably Lisa's best characterisation of the entire show. One of my favourite Season 1 offerings.

A+

This was, up until today, the only episode of the first 4 seasons that I had not seen, and just oh...my...gosh.
    This episode had such a fantastic atmosphere: it felt so simple, so effortless, so beautiful. Everything was brilliant. And the subplot is officially the best subplot ever. I can't stop laughing at Homer kneeling down, crying over Bart's retirement. Simply hilarious. It also balanced out the darker, more emotional main plot. Also hilarious was Maggie hugging the TV, the dodgeball scene and Homer's "Hey" during Bleeding Gums' performance.
    The only ever so slight problem for me is when Lisa sings "and this morning my own mother gave my last cupcake away" when she volunteered to give it away. :silly: And that's only very, very minor.
    I can't believe how great this episode is. It is, as of now, in my top 5 episodes ever. A+
    Last edited by überweiss; 06-13-2008 at 07:15 AM.
    "Evolution is silly," AJ adds. "Monkeys? Um, no."

Just brilliant. A+

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

The Introduction of Ralph Wiggum. ‘im a unitard’ funniest character EVER

My Favourite Quote Section:

Bleeding Gums Murphy: You know, you play pretty well for someone with no real problems.
    Lisa: Yeah, but I don't feel any better.
    Bleeding Gums Murphy: The blues isn't about feelin' better. It's about makin' other people feel worse and makin' a few bucks while you're at it

My Why I Love this episode section –
    The Intro Of Ralph Wiggum and the blues, I love the blues and I now have the second grade blues on my phone and my ipod and Ralph Wiggum possibly the greatest character in any tv show ever, god I love that little guy

Better Or Worse than the last episode –
    I said in my review of bart the general that the next episode would have to be good to get a same or better but this episode is i opened this episode ready to give my review and I remembered how good it was the story, the blues and more. I thought this episode deserves a same and then I saw it was the first appearance of Ralph which put it over the top

Better it is

another great episode from Al Jean and Mike Reiss

Thanks,
    Ahh Goobras

You can read all of my reviews on tv.com where my name is ahhgoobras im planning on reviewing every episode im up to season 2
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

Thread Information