• 4/5

29 17.58%
  • 5/5

16 9.70%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rate And Review: Sunday Cruddy Sunday

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate And Review: Sunday Cruddy Sunday

Only R&R threads for this were in the archives, so I figured I'd make one.

In my opinion, underrated as hell. It's not the best ever made, but it's still got a fair amount of entertainment value and a handful of funny moments. The subplot was really stupid, and the guest stars were incredibly forced, but still not as bad as everyone says. C-

I never understood why so many people seem to dislike this episode. Although it wasn't a good episode, it definately wasn't a very bad one. Overall, an average episode. 3/5

Mad without power

There's nothing that necessarily sticks out as being absolutely horrible in this episode. It's just really, really, really boring. And the sub-plot was incredibly pointless, saved by the Vincent Price bit.

C-
    Season 19 Ratings - Now More Bitter Than Ever!
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs -

Another boring year

1/5 Simply awful
    scuse me if i write bad (the english kick my ass)

Not That bad, but it is pretty bad,stupid sub-plot and some jokes seemed forced,a high C at best.

It's shit, admit it. Dolly Parton's corrosive make-up? Riiiiight

F

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

If it weren't for the funny joke with the guys putting mugs over their mouths when mentioning the teams, it would get an F.

D-
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

Back but still forgotten

I was laughing all through this episode. Great plot? no.
    But nowadays you can say 1 third of the Simpsons episodes dont have good plots.
    It was alot of jokes that I remember {even though I have seen this in more than 2 years}

I'll give it a 4/5.
    Oh....you better believe thats a paddlin

back in black

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzyWuzABear
    If it weren't for the funny joke with the guys putting mugs over their mouths when mentioning the teams, it would get an F.
    I didn't even think that joke was all that [places mug over mouth] funny.

One of the worst episodes ever. 1/5.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Junior Camper

It's Terrible; and boring. The subtrame it's deficiency of originaliny, same as in "Maximun Homerdrive".
    And the gets star is absurd and very forced...

1/5 - 3/10.
    Seasons Ranking: 6 -> 4 -> 3 -> 8 -> 7 -> 2 -> 5 -> 9 -> 1 -> 16 -> 13 -> 15 -> 14 -> 10 -> 17 -> 18 -> 11 -> 12.

a fervent propulsion Tinselled Jim's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2/5 The guest stars were the worst for a bit, and there was actually no real plot to the episode so it's got a sense of, well, crapness. The sub-plot is even worse, Vincent Price thing was prettt stupid, but overall it was a little enjoyable, in a grade, I give it C-.
    couldn't trust her with cheese, let alone with your keys

Exploding makeup, Jerkass Homer, twenty-second sub-plot...more than F-worthy.
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

I'm pretty sure a mildly retarded girl at the age of 5 could have written a better episode then this. The writers obviously didn't try when making this episode.

click HERE if my Jesus with Guns avatar offends you (or if ya wanna get a laugh)

can't talk; coming down Lizard Queen's Avatar

Dumb episode,sure.But it has some great little gems within it:the VP reference,the mug mouths,Dolly,and when they run around the hallways...and when they give Homer the ass kick.Great stuff!

Where's the money shot? Reverend Lovejoy's Avatar

2/5. There was basically no plot here. Plus, that's a side of Rev. Lovejoy I just don't want to know.

The only thing stopping me from rating this 1/5 is the "keep away Lovejoy's collar" joke.

Thanks to CousinMerl for this great sig!

Not a classic by any means, but whenever I watch football, my wife asks me: who's playing? The (muffled) Atlanta Falcons? So I credit this episode for one solid lasting joke.

It's Just A Flesh Wound ppoi307's Avatar

I actually liked it.

4/5

Sunday, Cruddy Sunday is not as bad as some say, but it is still pretty bad and barely attains a pass grade, due to the fact that the main plot was admittedly kind of entertaining, particularly where Homer and the rest of the Springfield guys run through the inside of the stadium. However, the rest of the episodes' components are actually quite terrible. The sub-plot is sooooo bad and uninteresting that it almost sickens me. I mean...egg painting? Vincent Price? What the hell? Where did they dream that one up? Also, none of the characters are actually accurate - a vindictive Reverend Lovejoy? A pain-inducing Doctor Hibbert? Dolly Parton? All up, this episode is not quite 'cruddy', but it is close to it. C-

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

The subplot was incredibly stupid, the regular plot also sucked, the only decent guest voice was Fred Willard, who was actually portraying a character, I'll give it a C or a C+
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Gah-HOY'geh'flavin! Number 10767's Avatar

A few funny moments in the first two thirds (ignoring the awful subplot), but the last third is so poorly written, chaotic, and stupid that it just ruins any good will those jokes created. The third act just gets dumber and dumber, running the episode into the ground more and more, until we end up with a D-
    Ooh, they have the Internet on computers now!

Basically, there is not a real plot, lots of the jokes didn't work and overall it's very boring. 1.5/5
    Si eres capaz de entender esto, es que sabes un poco de español (o que estás utilizando Babelfish, cosa que no te recomiendo)

Don't bad-mouth the head! Xt'Tapalatakettle's Avatar

This is without a doubt one of my least favorite episodes ever. Though I haven't seen it in a while, I always remember not liking it. It may even be the worst, if it wasn't for the other awful Super Bowl episode, Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass. The mugs joke was great though, but it's only the kind of joke a Simpsons fan would get. They knew the episode was bad with the ending though. I can't imagine anyone who never saw the Simpsons before seeing this episode and becoming hooked. And the subplot was almost as bad as Lisa getting gum stuck in her hair.
    Favorite Episodes (by Season): Season 1: Krusty Gets Busted, Call of the Simpsons
    Season 2: Blood Feud, Itchy & Scratchy & Marge, Bart the Daredevil
    Season 3: Radio Bart, Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk, Bart the Murderer
    Season 4: Homer the Heretic, Krusty Gets Kancelled, The Front
    Season 5: Cape Feare, The Last Temptation of Homer, Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song
    Season 6: Bart's Girlfriend, Bart of Darkness, Homie the Clown
    Season 7: Summer of 4ft 2, Lisa the Iconoclast, Bart Sells His Soul
    Season 8: The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show, The Springfield Files, The Secret War of Lisa Simpson
    Season 9: Girly Edition, The Cartridge Family, Lisa the Skeptic
    Season 10: They Saved Lisa's Brain, Lisa Gets an A, Simpsons Bible Stories
    Season 11: Grift of the Magi, Brother's Little Helper, Beyond Blunderdome
    Season 12: Hungry Hungry Homer, The Computer Wore Menace Shoes, Trilogy of Error
    Season 13: The Bart Wants What It Wants, Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge, Sweets and Sour Marge
    Season 14: I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can, The Bart of War, Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington
    Season 15: Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Tis the Fifteenth Season, The Wandering Juvie
    Season 16: Thank God It's Doomsday, The Heartbroke Kid, Fat Man and Little Boy
    Season 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story, Marge's Son Poisoning, Bart Has Two Mommies
    Season 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple, 24 Minutes, Little Big Girl
    Season 19: The Debarted, Midnight Towboy, Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind
    Season 20: Gone Maggie Gone, Take My Life Please, Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words

Blog Entries

Some things didn't make sense, I never laughed at anything, stars were actually forced make some comments (sad thing John Madden was in the episdoe). But if you look in depth, it's not that bad enough to get F but still bad

D-

Where's the money shot? Reverend Lovejoy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaRick
    Also, none of the characters are actually accurate - a vindictive Reverend Lovejoy?
    Explain, please.

Purple Monkey Dishwasher Where's Poochie?'s Avatar

1/5 Gawdawful

And the worst part is that if you read the reviews on snpp for the episode, they actually liked it. Maybe it was the Super-Bowl aftertaste, I don't know .

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

3/5

It's OK. Just like Grissom said - underrated as hell! I found it very enjoyable to watch adventure episodes like this one. Although I haven't seen it for a long time,I would like it to see it again soon.
    There were some bad things,they were mentioned at the end.

Average episode,overall.
    Last edited by Rest your giant head; 08-01-2006 at 11:15 AM.
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

I must be the only person who thinks this, but I think this episode is worth at least 3.5-4/5 (so around a B). I'm not one who hates the unnecesary guest voices as much as others (the only one that I'll probably be bothered by is New Kids On The Blecch...when I get around to seeing it).
    I found the post office scene to be funny and enjoyable, as well as other scenes including at Moe's, on the tour bus, and when they were running around the stadium. I actually also like the Marge/Lisa subplot, even though it did nothing to help the overall plot of the actual episode. The only major complaint I would have is when things got a little bit too wacky (Dolly Parton's special extra-strength make-up remover). Also, did I mention I quite liked the superbowl commercial and the little "Where Is Springfield" thing? (I know, "Ohiya, Maude" sounds incredibly lame, but I thought the timing in it was great).

Overall, I would actually give it a B- (sorry to all haters of this episode).
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

2/5 The worst thing about this episode is that it had a good idea.
    Summer of the 4FT.2 is the best episode ever

I thought the episode was pretty good. I like the end when they explained that they knew how stupid the plot was somewhat justifiable for making a rediculous episode. The army of guest stars they had were mostly not funny except for John Madden and Fred Willard who played the same character as he did in "Waiting for Guffman" which is a great Christopher Guest movie. Anyway I voted 4/5. I guess it deserves a 3/5 but I'm just making my point that this episode is hugely underrated.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

If you turn off your brain and watch this, it's pretty funny. I've changed my mind about a lot of season 10.

C

Thread Information