View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
465. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

100 21.51%
  • 4/5

184 39.57%
  • 3/5

121 26.02%
  • 2/5

33 7.10%
  • 1/5

27 5.81%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review Milhouse of Sand and Fog (GABF19)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Tomacco
    Despite the negative reviews, the last two episodes, especially tonight's, have fixed my concerns (based on the premiere) that the show lost its high calibre season 16 established.
    Same here. After the premiere, I thought the show would get worse, but it didn't.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by waterloou
    Hi,

What's the name of that California song when Milhouse Lisa and Bart are watching the OC.

Thanks
    title song of OC
    Phantom Planet - California

CheeseEatingSurrenderMonk ey Heub's Avatar

It's "California" by Phantom Planet

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by E-I-E-I-Moe
    Same here. After the premiere, I thought the show would get worse, but it didn't.
    I was also concerned when I saw the premiere. Look at my ratings. It goes from a 2/10, to 2 perfect scores in a row. That's pretty good!

4.5/5

Why was snoopy in the O.C parody.I didnt see that coming

pretty rad

Snoopy is the official mascot of Knott's Berry Farm theme parks.

or were you asking why they decided to go to Knott's Berry Farm?
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

CheeseEatingSurrenderMonk ey Heub's Avatar

I really loved this episode, I think many people are too pessimistic.
    In my opinion the plot was well thought, well, except the end that was poor and weak.
    I too think that there have been too many marital conflicts between Homer and Marge but I thought this one was really well brought and well handled.
    There were tons of great gags and jokes and a hilarious Ralph line.
    My main criticism would go to the OC parody that was way too long in my opinion, and didn't think it was funny (but probably because I've never watched an episode before...), the song made up for it though.

Hopefully season 17 will keep on going crescendo...

Super Nintendo Chalmers Bart1CC's Avatar

double post, my bad
    Last edited by Bart1CC; 09-27-2005 at 02:30 PM.

Ugh 2/5

Also, why is it always Homer that has to leave? ( Except in the gun episode, unless I'm forgetting some.) I mean Homer pays for the place.

Stonecutter

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleferd
    Also, why is it always Homer that has to leave? ( Except in the gun episode, unless I'm forgetting some.) I mean Homer pays for the place.
    You've never had a girlfriend, have you?

Sorry about that. That was needlessly cruel.
    Season 17 Thus Far:

Bonfire of the Manatees: C+
    The Girl Who Slept Too Litte: A-
    Milhouse of Fog and Sand: B+

Back but still forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleferd
    Also, why is it always Homer that has to leave? Homer pays for the place.
    The house is just as much Marge's and it is Homers. And since Homer is usually the one doing the misdeeds, its only fair that he leave.
    Oh....you better believe thats a paddlin

Back but still forgotten

Upon my 5th watching of the episode, I realize that it is a classic, and the best episode since "Diatribe Of A Mad Housewife" and possibly even further back then that.

5/5

There was a perfectly good episode playing on my TV while I was watching, and somehow it was interrupted by a plot that was unnecessary and poorly done. This episode wasn't terrible, but I'm just upset that it wasn't more than what it was, because it had the legs for it. Humor was a mixed bag but okay overall, some great jokes like Homer's stomach, Ralph, and Wiggum, and some not so great jokes like Homer in the tub, O.C., and the Oklahoma parody (which I thought would have been great if there were no daydreaming sequence). I was really enjoying the progression of the plot and the humor and characterizations for the first two acts. But (as it has been said again and again in this thread) when Marge and Homer started fighting everything went downhill. The relationship of Millhouse's parents was interesting and funny, and I was hoping that Homer's chicken pox would become a full subplot, but in the end both of these ideas were scrapped for yet another relationship problem for Homer and Marge (I was even hoping for Lisa to get more involved, but her role was pretty empty as well). The fight (so many fights nowadays) wasn't funny, the climax featured another gratuitous life-threatening situation, and the ending was sudden and unsatisfying. If this episode had stuck with the plots that it had going for it in the first two acts, this episode could have been great, instead we are stuck with below average. I'm torn between a 2 and a 3, but I'm going to go with a 2/5, though it's a highly respectable 2/5.
    When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University

OMG I just saw it tonight since i was not able to watch it last night and i sooooooo loved it
    It was pretty funny and i think it was even better than last week which i loved too.

Did anyone notice or had the feeling that Bart and Lisa looked kinda older????

Quote Originally Posted by Thats A Paddlin
    Upon my 5th watching of the episode, I realize that it is a classic, and the best episode since "Diatribe Of A Mad Housewife" and possibly even further back then that.

5/5

I agree that it might be a classic...... and i have no idea which episode is that Diatribe one
    "I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaming."
    Homer Simpson

samsa

The one with Marge writing a novel.

Enjoyed this episode a lot. Two episodes in a row that I've really enjoyed...it's a good thing I've remembered to actually watch the show the past two weeks! What a treat. 4/5

Back but still forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Bengali
    5th time?
    Yes.....

You understand now?

An average episode. Too much time was spent on the two subplots (Chicken pox party, Marge/Homer) and not enough on the Van Houtens. Humor was okay, characterizations were good, but the pacing was terrible. 3/5

What I Liked:

"She's so mean to me. She wouldn't let me eat Fruit Loops!"
    "Sweet Lizzie Maguire!"
    "Haha, you read books!"
    "You know the four seasons? Well, I'm experiencing them first hand because I'm living in the park."
    Milhouse's daydream
    Everyone was characterized fairly well

What I Didn't Like:

Kirk and Luanne are back together (they both became much more interesting characters after the divorce)
    O.C. parody (went on too long, and the only good part was the guy in the Snoopy costume holding them up)
    Marge's punishment magazine
    Homer and the pizza (too gross for my tastes)
    Marge and Homer subplot (it's been done too many times before)
    Pox Party (just didn't care for it)
    The Ending
    Last edited by HellKat666; 10-08-2005 at 05:15 PM.

Free nosejobs for everybody

I actually preferred this weeks episode than last weeks, I thought that last weeks ep. was slightly overrated personally, & found this one had more laughs. I kinda dislike how they are messing with the continuity of the show though, what with splitting up the Van-Houtens, putting them back together again etc. Still, I can live with it, as I understand the amount of possible storylines are ever decreasing.

B+

I've personally enjoyed all 3 episodes to season 17 so far, long may that continue!

Junior Camper

I gave it a 5/5. Classic episode. "Unlike the first break up, this is not your fault"

Quote Originally Posted by Thats A Paddlin

5/5
    Dude, you need to get a life. Either that or have your mommy physically remove you from her basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogie31
    Dude, you need to get a life. Either that or have your mommy physically remove you from her basement.

WOW, such harsh comment and just because he has seen the episode many times.

OK, I swear I commented on this already a few days ago but my post seems to be gone. Anyways, 4/5. My only somewhat minor gripes are: the beyond weird intentional chicken pox party and of course the bazillionth time Marge and Homer have "broken up." But they have been doing that since the series beginning. At least it was better than the idiocy they dispayed in BotManatees.

Anyways, good character driven episdode, funny ending and nice to see a good Bartcentric episode with him being a lil pain in the ass. I also liked it when he bounced off the cliff repeatedly, a small homage to Homer falling off the cliff in Bart the Daredevil? And nice to see Homer genuinely concerned for Bart's life only to choke him when he confesses. ha Loved the slam on the O.C. too, the more Fox bashing the better. We need more Fox news riffing too.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see if Kirk and Lou Ann stay together.
    Last edited by Bart1CC; 09-27-2005 at 11:27 AM.

I agree Bart1CC, the part where Bart is falling was a nice homage. I also thought that, well, another brake up but this time felt diferent from the other time, specially when Marge said to Bart that she was just too fed up.

Loved the joke where Milhouse was dreaming and he wakes up in an ambulance, that was awesome, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhum
    I agree Bart1CC, the part where Bart is falling was a nice homage. I also thought that, well, another brake up but this time felt diferent from the other time, specially when Marge said to Bart that she was just too fed up.

Loved the joke where Milhouse was dreaming and he wakes up in an ambulance, that was awesome, lol.
    The dream montage and song were clever IMHO.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Not bad. I don't watch OC, but the parody didn't seem noticably bad. As mentioned already, the first two acts were solid, with several funny lines (and a few bad ones). The third act was slightly lame with the characters-in-trouble crap you expect from season 10, but it was a short scene.

C+
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

Quote Originally Posted by Woogie31
    I gave it a 5/5. Classic episode. "Unlike the first break up, this is not your fault"

Maybe you need to get a life and ease up on the internet insults. I've seen the episode 4 times now - why? Because I watch one on my computer everynight as I fall asleep.

I also have 12 hours of school and work 35 hours a week, guess I need to get a life huh?

Okay, okay, enough about your pathetic lives

Woogie was warned for a completely unnecessary comment towards Paddlin', although he could keep his sarcastic comments down, too...I'm sure Bengali can at least count to 7

lol

I WANT FUTURAMA! scruffythejanitor's Avatar

I definitely give it a 4/5. The ending was bad especially the last line "What do you think?" I didn't get any humor out of that. Another major flaw of the ending is that it completely forgets this episode was about Milhouse's parents, which were not even in the third act. I actually thought the fighting between Homer and Marge was well implemented into the overall story. I also think Milhouse is still entertaining enough to be the spotlight in episodes like this one.

To summarize, it was a good episode for jokes("I bought it for her boobs!") but a bad one for story and direction.
    "I have never seen him so down, or ever before."

Thread Information