View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
462. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

100 21.65%
  • 4/5

183 39.61%
  • 3/5

121 26.19%
  • 2/5

31 6.71%
  • 1/5

27 5.84%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review Milhouse of Sand and Fog (GABF19)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Hybrid View

Rate/Review Milhouse of Sand and Fog (GABF19)

After nine years (in the non-Springfield reality), Kirk and Luanne Van Houten reunite. However, dismayed that they will no longer compete over his love, Milhouse launches "Operation Reverse Parent Trap" with Bart to get them to split again. Meanwhile, when Maggie gets chicken pox, Homer tries to capitalize on it by throwing a "pox party" and charging parents to infect their children.

And...

Milhouse’s parents get back together but much to his dismay they aren't competing for his love anymore. So, Bart and Milhouse devise a plan to break his parents up again by planting one of Marge’s bras in the Van Houten’s bed. When Milhouse’s mother finds it, she marches over and shows it to Homer. Homer confronts Marge about it and completely offends her as usual and she kicks him out of house...so it's up to Bart to get them back together.

Thread opens in about an hour. Until then, use the preview/speculation thread.

Edit: I was going to say tonight's Simpsons was going to start late because of football, but good old Fox just decided to cut out the first part of KOTH instead. Good going, you feckingly insane network! ~andy

Good Episode the 3rd act saved it 3.5/5

Taking my talents to S. Beach Curtis's Avatar

Solid Episode, no where near as good as last week but last weeks episode was special. I would give this episode a 6/10 overall but over the past seven years a 8/10. The episode had a good premise and the plot was good. Had a few funny moments I liked the OC gag.
    ¡Lee mi blog!
    Reinventing Revolution

a Simpsons fan...

Uck..... if people actually think this episode is good I can only imagine how bad the other two that I missed are. As far as I'm concerned, this episode was a huge disappointment.

"She didn't let me eat Froot Loops!"

a Simpsons fan...

LOL... how the hell did Marge drag Homer and Bart out of the waterfall?
    It just cut to them on the ground panting.

LAME.

Father of Guy Boyman

Great episode

I loved the black church in the beginning, but my favorite gag would have to be the Hip Punishments magazine. Classic. Deleting saved games, throwing i-pods in blenders, deleting customized ringtones... Those took forever!

I just have to say it...

I am fucking sick of the "Marge and Homer fight, seperate, get back together" plotlines. Every other episode. More than that, actually. It's awful. Horrible. Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooner
    I just have to say it...

I am fucking sick of the "Marge and Homer fight, seperate, get back together" plotlines. Every other episode. More than that, actually. It's awful. Horrible. Stop it.
    You're late, buddy. at least this one was pulled off more successfully than something like 'Manatees' did

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouse
    You're late, buddy. at least this one was pulled off more successfully than something like 'Manatees' did

I was hoping I wouldn't be tehfirst to complain, but seriously, enough's enough.

Good solid episode, worth a rewatch. Nice plots, animation continued to stun from last week. The parent breakup fantasy is my favourite part currently. Hope Patric Verrone is on S17 staff, I enjoyed this one. B
    Season 25 Ratings
    Awful, probably

Me: hernia..maybe..maybe not D DEBBS's Avatar

Good, but not great.

Now, everybody on the board get out your pom-poms and repeat after moi:

GIMME A 'M!'

GIMME A 'E!'

GIMME A 'H!'

WHAT'S THAT SPELL?

MEH!-SBBED .D

scissors on his fuckin head That Jerk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spooner
    I just have to say it...

Everyone else is saying that the past two weeks and we're sick of hearing it. If manatees hadn't of happened, no one would be complaining about Homer and Marge fighting. Their marrige is a cornerstone of the show. Its always has and will continue to be used a lot.

Galalimit

Well this episode was a B+ up until the last 10 minutes, then the last 10 minutes brought it down to a D-.

Stonecutter

I actually thought the last act was A+ material.

9/10 good episode the only thing that wasnt good was homer marge fighting its the 20th time thats been in a episode

I really liked this episode and didn't mind the marge and homer breakup thing.Overall was really funny. 4/5 Oh, and by the way, are Luanne and Kirk back together now?

3/5

no where near as great as last weeks episode but this one was deftinely up to par. living in southern california made the whole oc gag extremely hilarious. its kind of a shame that the episode went the way of marge and homer having problems, but i can deal with that. i would have loved to see more of luann and kirk. wouldnt have killed to have some cracker factory discussion during this episode either. also, i cracked up at the thought of bart trying to fake his own death just like homer in "mother simpson"

Back but still forgotten

Had some great jokes, solid plot.

4/5
    Oh....you better believe thats a paddlin

pretty rad

Classic. Only questionable thing is the status of the relationship between Kirk and Luanne. They back together or not?

The OC parody somewhat makes up for the fact that they had been relying on less funny TV parodies as filler in previous episodes (a rut Jean has fallen into).
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

Pin Pal

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    they had been relying on less funny TV parodies as filler in previous episodes (a rut Jean has fallen into).
    I wouldn't say its something he's fallen into, he used TV parodies as fillers in Season 3.

Anyway, the episode started out really strong, but Homer and Marge breaking up in the last act was a bit weak. Plus, wasn't the pox sublot the plot of a South Park episode?
    C+

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by jwbph
    Plus, wasn't the pox sublot the plot of a South Park episode?
    C+
    As said before, this isn't a ripoff of South Park. This happens around the world, and it was handeled completley diffrently than SP.

Taking my talents to S. Beach Curtis's Avatar

The last act was not as good as the first two but still pretty good. The ending was ok and I like Bart saying what do you think. Nice to see Bart back to his bratty ways.

A pretty good episode despite complete rehashing of old plots.

the first time in memory that south park made an episode about something before the simpsons.

I was really hoping they'd switch the homer-marge dynamic around at least a bit near the end, instead of having marge still be angry with homer after the bart bra thing was revealed to her. Other than the really contrived plotline, I thought they pulled most stuff off well. Written very well, clever dialogue, good gags. worth at least a B+

No wonder he won Minnesota. Sarcastic Guy II's Avatar

They ignored the interesting plot with the Van Houtens to sink their teeth into the Homer/Marge story, which we saw just two episodes ago.

There were some really funny bits, but this was dissappointing. 3/5
    I was saying "Boo-urns."

Season 19 Ratings:
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - A
    The Homer of Seville - C+
    Midnight Towboy - A+
    I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - A

Red = Danger

Good episode, many good gags like the one with Homer stomach

Junior Camper

My review..

Okay, here we go... I'm going to jump around a lot in the episode in this review, so get ready. :P

The couch gag was brilliant. I laughed at that one. The opening was very nice. The church part with the doctor was brilliant. The chicken pox story line was great. Homer getting kicked out and Flanders giving him the idea was nice. The rest of the episode was put together almost perfectly. Something I was pleasantly surprised was that with all of this story, they managed to pace it really well. Nothing seemed rushed to me. Homer was top notch in this one. "I bought it for her boobs!" was friggin hilarious. Dan really delivered that one. I fount the second half to be funnier than the first. I laughed a lot during it.
    The way they had Milhouse's dad and mom get together at the Simpson's house was really good, and did not seem rushed at all. Another thing I loved was Doctor Hibbert in this one. He has a short role in it, but both of his parts were great. I loved him making fun of Milhouse's dad at the pox party.
    Bart was good in this one. He was funny, and showed his kid side. Lisa wasn't in this one too much, but was good in what she was in. Homer, like I said, was fantastic. Marge was good too..
    I loved Milhouse's fantasty. Really good animation, and ending it with marrying Lisa was really funny. The O.C. spoof was hilarious! Kudos on that one! And same for the one with Milhouse being rushed to the hospital over his fantasty. lmfao.
    The Homer-Marge fight wasn't bad at all! It was done very well as the matter of fact. I like the idea of the episode. It was smart. The jokes were funny. The characters were great. The lines were good fun. And it was really a great episode. I gave Bonfire a 2/10. Then next week, a comeback occured and I gave TGWSTL a 10/10. This one gets a ......... *pulls curtian*

10/10

Oh yeah, picking up where last week left off, animation was great tonight.
    Signature.

SOUTH PARK DID IT!!!! lol

another homer getting kicked out of the house episode!!!
    please get some originality...jeez

3/5 still though

6 Months Gone, Still Hated. Wasteland's Avatar

3/5. It had a good first act, the second act was kinda retarded, but I liked the last act.

worst scene: Bart and Milhouse's "Oklahoma".

THIS HAS BEEN A FILMWAYS PRESENTATION!

Thread Information