View Poll Results: ?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

    148 65.49%
  • 4/5

    57 25.22%
  • 3/5

    16 7.08%
  • 2/5

    2 0.88%
  • 1/5

    3 1.33%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 230



Thread: Rate and Review: Lisa on Ice



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #121
    overdressed anarchist bartyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    the experimental prototype community of tomorrow
    Posts
    3,721


    4/5. A Good Lisa episode.

  2. #122
    Stonecutter Nauru-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,787


    Love the emotional ending and there is a lot of good humour throughout. The shameless disregard for hockey rules doesn't help me like it more , but this is still a very nice episode.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    LA california
    Posts
    155


    good first time viewing. boring the second time around

  4. #124
    Stonecutter Blobulle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,252
    Blog Entries
    7


    I love this episode, and especially the end with the flashback when Bart&Lisa are young.
    In my top 5. 5/5

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,039


    3/5

  6. #126
    continuously shaking head c l o n e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,742
    Blog Entries
    5


    Always surprised by the love this one gets. I've never found it that great. Definitely in the bottom 10 of season 6. The storyline is just pretty uninteresting to me plus the ending, whilst very sweet, doesn't feel as sweet as it could have because I do think it is a bit forced in. I like do like the ending though, but in this context I don't think it perhaps achieved its full potential. Though it does have some good jokes. B (4/5)

  7. #127
    muffin tops Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,474
    Blog Entries
    2


    This episode really isn't that great, IMO. I hated Homer's characterization in it. The ending was kind of sweet, but Homer nearly ruined the episode for me. 3/5.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,039


    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Gums Murphy View Post
    3/5
    You sir are a psychotic lunatic!

    5/5 and 9/10

  9. #129
    Sure we will Mr. Homer ANdre1001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    741
    Blog Entries
    1


    One of the best endings in the series 5/5

  10. #130
    Pin Pal Ruffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    524


    Solid episode

    9/10

  11. #131
    Mama took those batteries Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olathe, KS/Washington, MO
    Posts
    18,735
    Blog Entries
    3


    I never reviewed this? Wow. This is one of three episodes where in my opinion, the ending wipes out all the good stuff. I like the competitive nature of the episode, and it has its funny parts, but then there's the ending. Oh, that ending. What an awful, sappy mess it is. It technically shouldn't even have happened. The clock isn't supposed to be running on a penalty shot. The writers broke the rules of hockey to make this awful ending. It's one of the three episodes where I pretend there's a different ending to it. 1/5.
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy Homer's Phobia 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

    Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.


  12. #132
    The Chosen One Wail-Id's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    30,898
    Blog Entries
    124


    how would you end it?

  13. #133
    Stonecutter Blobulle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,252
    Blog Entries
    7


    Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    I never reviewed this? Wow. This is one of three episodes where in my opinion, the ending wipes out all the good stuff. I like the competitive nature of the episode, and it has its funny parts, but then there's the ending. Oh, that ending. What an awful, sappy mess it is. It technically shouldn't even have happened. The clock isn't supposed to be running on a penalty shot. The writers broke the rules of hockey to make this awful ending. It's one of the three episodes where I pretend there's a different ending to it. 1/5.

    ..but I respect your opinion, I just think the opposite...

  14. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,039


    Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    I never reviewed this? Wow. This is one of three episodes where in my opinion, the ending wipes out all the good stuff. I like the competitive nature of the episode, and it has its funny parts, but then there's the ending. Oh, that ending. What an awful, sappy mess it is. It technically shouldn't even have happened. The clock isn't supposed to be running on a penalty shot. The writers broke the rules of hockey to make this awful ending. It's one of the three episodes where I pretend there's a different ending to it. 1/5.
    You give this 1/5, based on a bad ENDING despite the fact you seem to have no objections to the rest of the episode, yet you rate Saddlesore Galactica 5/5...

  15. #135
    Stonecutter Bartesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,356


    Fourth worst episode of Season 6.

    Which equals 8/10.

  16. #136
    lust 4 quagland HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1989
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    23,528
    Blog Entries
    337


    How underrated. 5/5.

    Oh, and apparently FP prefers everyone to be miserable and riot at the end of every episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Moe
    The only thing you've managed to do is piss us off. You are a fucking prick, and it's people like you that are bringing this damn country down.

  17. #137
    Mama took those batteries Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olathe, KS/Washington, MO
    Posts
    18,735
    Blog Entries
    3


    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Gums Murphy View Post
    You give this 1/5, based on a bad ENDING despite the fact you seem to have no objections to the rest of the episode, yet you rate Saddlesore Galactica 5/5...
    Because I don't have a problem with the elves.


  18. #138
    Mama took those batteries Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olathe, KS/Washington, MO
    Posts
    18,735
    Blog Entries
    3


    Quote Originally Posted by joe miller View Post
    how would you end it?
    (Sorry for double posting; I'm not sure how to quote different people in one post. EDIT: Oh wait, I just figured it out!)

    I would end it by Lisa blocking the shot, but after the game, realizing that the competition is tearing the family apart, quits hockey and she and Bart get along again.


  19. #139
    lust 4 quagland HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1989
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    23,528
    Blog Entries
    337


    How the hell is that going to make it "better"?

  20. #140
    Mama took those batteries Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olathe, KS/Washington, MO
    Posts
    18,735
    Blog Entries
    3


    In my opinion, it will make a more realistic, less sappy end that doesn't violate the rules of hockey.


  21. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,039


    Violate the rules of hockey? IT'S A CARTOON! When Homer went into space in 'Deep Space Homer', did you think "Oh my gosh, Homer has violated the integrity of NASA because he isn't a qualified astronaut". The ending might have been "sappy" but it made for a natural conclusion to the story, your ending sounds really standard and a tad boring. You also didn't answer me as to why a bad ending results a - You can correct me on this - a 4/5 episode suddenly becoming a 1/5 episode?

  22. #142
    Mama took those batteries Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olathe, KS/Washington, MO
    Posts
    18,735
    Blog Entries
    3


    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Gums Murphy View Post
    Violate the rules of hockey? IT'S A CARTOON! When Homer went into space in 'Deep Space Homer', did you think "Oh my gosh, Homer has violated the integrity of NASA because he isn't a qualified astronaut". The ending might have been "sappy" but it made for a natural conclusion to the story, your ending sounds really standard and a tad boring. You also didn't answer me as to why a bad ending results a - You can correct me on this - a 4/5 episode suddenly becoming a 1/5 episode?
    First off, Deep Space Homer works because the fact that he isn't a certified astronaut doesn't have a major effect on the ending of the episode. However, if the clock hadn't been running at the end of Lisa on Ice, the episode would've changed drastically.

    About the 4/5 becoming a 1/5: Opinions change. I rated all the episodes when I was still young, and I disagree with nearly all my original ratings.


  23. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,039


    So how would you have rated the episode with your ending in place?

  24. #144
    Mama took those batteries Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olathe, KS/Washington, MO
    Posts
    18,735
    Blog Entries
    3


    Probably a 4/5. I agree that it's not the best ending, but I'd still MUCH prefer it to the actual one.


  25. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,039


    So to confirm: The remaining 1 minute of 20-22 minutes of a 4/5 episode, that produces an ending you aren't quite satisfied with, does enough damage to downgrade an episode from a 8/10 to a 2/10 or 4/5 to 1/5?
    Last edited by Bleedin' Gums Murphy; 02-18-2012 at 04:37 PM.

  26. #146
    lust 4 quagland HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1989
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    23,528
    Blog Entries
    337


    Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    In my opinion, it will make a more realistic, less sappy end that doesn't violate the rules of hockey.
    Oh no, the poor hockey community.

  27. #147


    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Gums Murphy View Post
    So to confirm: The remaining 1 minute of 20-22 minutes of a 4/5 episode, that produces an ending you aren't quite satisfied with, does enough damage to downgrade an episode from a 8/10 to a 2/10 or 4/5 to 1/5?
    I'm not sure what you don't get about this he has said it more than once that yes it does. To me the ending is the only redeeming factor of this borderline terrible episode. Some funny bits though.

  28. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,039


    I'm not arguing with his logic - Well I am - but was just seeking clarification from him.

  29. #149


    5/5
    One of the better Lisa Episodes.This actually had an interesting story instead of the stupid typical "save this animal becuz im a vegetarian" Crap!

  30. #150


    Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    This episode really isn't that great, IMO. I hated Homer's characterization in it. The ending was kind of sweet, but Homer nearly ruined the episode for me. 3/5.
    Whaaaaaaaaaaa? I thought Homer was quite hilarious in this episode actually.Mean but damn funny.He didnt really portray the Dad Part in this ep but damn funny.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •