• 1/5

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: Treehouse of Horror VII

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

Rate and Review: Treehouse of Horror VII

Very underrated. Possibly my favoruite THOH, A+

one of my best tree house of horrers,very underrated,three very good story lines out of which the thing and i was my favourite A-

a fervent propulsion Tinselled Jim's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is this the one with the parody of the Shining? Or is it the one with Groundskeeper Willie killing kids in school?
    couldn't trust her with cheese, let alone with your keys

Underrated classic! Instant A.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Kang and Kodos one: A+
    Lisa creates tiny universe: A+

What's the other one again? Anyway, those two are probably in my top 5 THOH segments.
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

The other one is The Thing and I. The Hugo one.

El Duderinho

Great THOH. A

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

The Thing and I: A/A-

Just watched this on my computer; not a very memorable plot but some hilarious lines.

One of the last good THOH's. 4/5
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

Purple Is A Fruit.

Great episode! A great THOH, one of the best episodes of Season 8, hardly any faults!

9/10

4-8-15-16-23-42

Quote Originally Posted by James@S
    Is this the one with the parody of the Shining? Or is it the one with Groundskeeper Willie killing kids in school?
    Neither.

The Shining parody is in THOH V
    The Nightmare on Elm Street parody (Willie killing kids) is in THOH VI

This, THOH VII is the one with Bart's secret, evil twin in the attic, Lisa creating a little mini universe when creating a science project, and Kang and Kodos taking over Bob Dole and Bill Clinton's bodies to run in the 1996 presidential election.

B from me. I dont like to watch it much..., but it's solid.

Loved this THOH, a 10/10

Citizen Kang is the best THOH segment, but the other two are great too. Awesome episode overall. 5/5

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Thing and I A
    The Genesis Tub A-
    Citizen Kang A+ Best Ever.

A overall

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

5/5, a great start to a great season!

The Thing and I D
    The Genesis Tub C-
    Citizen Kang B

on of my least favorite halloween episodes, the first story gives me the creeps but not in the good way it was intended, the second is boring for me. Only the third is pretty good imo.

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away ..."

Blog Entries

The Thing and I B
    The Genesis Tub B
    Citizen Kang A+

I am going to give this episode 5/5 for Citizen Kang

Yeah Um I'm Ah Wondering! Jimbo77's Avatar

Hugo - 9/10
    Lisa's Nation - 6/10
    I Voted For Kodos - 7/10

= 7.33333333333333333333333333.../10
    Resident Alien -- www.residentalienband.com

Wow. This only has 17 replies?

Anyway this one of my favourite THOH's and it's very underrated around here personally.

The Thing and I A-
    The Genesis Tub A-
    Citizen Kang B

Overall: B+ (4/5)
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

on a trip to squaresville Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty decent THOH, with two out of three segments making my Top 15. The Genesis Tub was okay, but not as good as the other two. Still this THOH gets a 4/5 from me.

Sure we will Mr. Homer ANdre1001's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I gave it a 5/5 just because of the Thing and I segment.

The other 2 are a 4/5

Blog Entries

Citizen Kane is one of the best segments and the other 2 are good as well

The Thing and I B+
    The Genesis Tub B
    Citizen Kang A+

Banned

Very good. 4/5, 8/10

I prefer the THOH 8 & 9.

8/10

Blog Entries

The Thing and I- A+
    The Genesis Tub- A
    Citizen Kang- A+
    Overall: A+

Undeservedly underrated THOH. Citizen Kang is the second best segment of THOH after Time and Punisment.
    Second or third best THOH in history (I don't know, maybe THOHXX was better)

Banned
    Blog Entries

The Thing and I: A+
    The Genesis Tub: C
    Citizen Kang: C-

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

gonna have to re-watch this, Citizen Kang is amazing but I have no memory of the other two segments
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Vote Jerkass Homer 2015! Jerkass Homer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just watched the episode. And its a fairly strong thoh overall not as good as thoh v but great nonetheless.

Opening: Fairly amusing, Homer tries to light a jack-o-lantern and catches his hand on fire, then his whole body. And the devil kills The Simpsons family while sitting on the couch. I wont grade it as it was so short, so lets get on with the rest of the episode.

The Thing And I:I have always loved this segment. At the time, i was extremely exited at seeing Barts half-brother after reading a description of the episode before seeing it. The Homer biographies was probably the biggest laugh this time around. Also a big fan of Homer getting fish-heads for Hugo, the opening scene, the ending scene etc. The explanation scene, about Hugo being the evil brother. (Or so we thought) Because it turns out Bart was the evil brother. So they imprison Bart, and he gets replaced by Hugo. I also liked Homers line about checking the radio or something like that. I also liked his line about nosy kids that asks too many questions. Overall, an good segment with an interesting plot, funny jokes. 9/10

The Genesis Tub:Very enjoyable indeed. I liked the idea, with Lisa being trapped into another world that she has created and being seen as a god. The part when she expect to get waffels, but instead gets "pancakes" reminds of when my parents would often do that kind of stuff, so it made me feel sorta nostalgic. The Professor Frink part was good too. And the humans in her world treating Bart like a devil also come to mind. Lisas line "I have created lutherans" was funny as well. Overall an very good segment, funny jokes, good plot. 9/10

Chitizen Kang:Probably the funniest of the three. The aliens spraying rom over Homer so no one will belive him was an funny joke. I also liked when Homer tries to reveal the Aliens, and Marge looking ashamed. I also liked "Bobs", abortions for some, flags for some line. The beginning with Homer fishing, only to get chaught by the aliens was also good. I also liked one man asking why "Bob" and "Clinton" sharing hands even though they are enemies and their response. I also liked one of the voters smashing his hat. The ending when it turns out that Kang is the president, is hilarious. And Homers line "Dont blame me, i voted for kodos" remains one of my favorite Homer lines. 10/10 Overall this was a very good thoh, and a good start to season 8. 9/10 and a 5 on the poll.
    Last edited by Jerkass Homer; 06-13-2013 at 11:12 AM.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

All three segments of this THOH are strong. The Thing and I is the most horrific, and is my favourite of this episode. 8/10 The Genesis Tub is also good, but I don't find it as entertaining as the first segment. It also has no element of horror. 7/10 Citizen Kang is great as well, and it has some hilarious moments ("We are merely exchanging long protein strings."). It lacks the same element of horror that the first segment has, though. 7/10 Overall: 7/10

Vote Jerkass Homer 2015! Jerkass Homer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frieza The Bloodsucker View Post
    I just watched the episode. And its a fairly strong thoh overall not as good as thoh v but great nonetheless.

Opening: Fairly amusing, Homer tries to light a jack-o-lantern and catches his hand on fire, then his whole body. And the devil kills The Simpsons family while sitting on the couch. I wont grade it as it was so short, so lets get on with the rest of the episode.

The Thing And I:I have always loved this segment. At the time, i was extremely exited at seeing Barts half-brother after reading a description of the episode before seeing it. The Homer biographies was probably the biggest laugh this time around. Also a big fan of Homer getting fish-heads for Hugo, the opening scene, the ending scene etc. The explanation scene, about Hugo being the evil brother. (Or so we thought) Because it turns out Bart was the evil brother. So they imprison Bart, and he gets replaced by Hugo. I also liked Homers line about checking the radio or something like that. I also liked his line about nosy kids that asks too many questions. Overall, an good segment with an interesting plot, funny jokes. 9/10

The Genesis Tub:Very enjoyable indeed. I liked the idea, with Lisa being trapped into another world that she has created and being seen as a god. The part when she expect to get waffels, but instead gets "pancakes" reminds of when my parents would often do that kind of stuff, so it made me feel sorta nostalgic. The Professor Frink part was good too. And the humans in her world treating Bart like a devil also come to mind. Lisas line "I have created lutherans" was funny as well. Overall an very good segment, funny jokes, good plot. 9/10

Chitizen Kang:Probably the funniest of the three. The aliens spraying rom over Homer so no one will belive him was an funny joke. I also liked when Homer tries to reveal the Aliens, and Marge looking ashamed. I also liked "Bobs", abortions for some, flags for some line. The beginning with Homer fishing, only to get chaught by the aliens was also good. I also liked one man asking why "Bob" and "Clinton" sharing hands even though they are enemies and their response. I also liked one of the voters smashing his hat. The ending when it turns out that Kang is the president, is hilarious. And Homers line "Dont blame me, i voted for kodos" remains one of my favorite Homer lines. 10/10 Overall this was a very good thoh, and a good start to season 8. 9/10 and a 5 on the poll.

Thread Information