View Poll Results: Is This a Note-Worthy "Show"?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

41 26.80%
  • 4/5

67 43.79%
  • 3/5

37 24.18%
  • 2/5

5 3.27%
  • 1/5

3 1.96%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R&R: The Otto Show

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R: The Otto Show

3/5. Eh, this episode was one of the most uneven of any season. Considering the fact that the main plotline doesn't start until the halfway point.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

I just watched it again yesterday, and for the first time I really enjoyed it. The Spinal Tap bits were just as funny as the material from that movie imo, and I loved Selma in this episode. Just because the main plot doesn't start right away dooesn't mean the episode is disjointed and meandering.

A/A-
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

One of the lesser ones of the third season, but still enjoyable. 4/5
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

4,5/5 I have no real problems with it and Otto is a very funny character.

B+ One of the weakest of Season 3 but by no means does that make it a bad episode.

Weakest season three episode, but it had its moments. B-

Stonecutter

What Paul said.

look me up under "death" dancing_yellow_monkeys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Barney
    What Paul said.
    yeah...what paul said
    I'm just like Ralph!
    I'm Ralph, who are you? by NoHomers.net

you are hearing me talk

Weakest Season 3 episode? This polls about the entertaining The Otto Show not Dog Of Death?

This episode is very underrated, imo, there's some down-right hilarious moments ("i wanna get some peanuts", "thou shalt not let moochers into thy hut", "i recorded this conversation"), and not to mention the awesome Spinal Tap appearance (with the good-natured murderering of the "group"). Although, Otto's character may not be interesting to watch, especially back in Season 3 when he wasn't the pot-smoking hippie we've all gotten used to, there was plenty of decent moments from the Simpsons and the side characters (Patty, Skinner). The episode's plot, now seems pretty bland, considering that since then, OFF have housed everything from ex-convicts to clowns, but if you appreciate the fact that it was the first episode to do so, then you'll probably enjoying it as much as I do. Great fun from Season 3! A-

"Excuse me, that was the cue to turn on the house lights so we can tell the audience they're the sixth member of the freakin' group!"

5/5, what Butters said.

back in black

Disjointed first act aside, this was a good episode, worthy of Season 3 status. 4/5.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

A, not quite an A+.

El Duderinho

very enjoyable, but not quite 'great'. 4/5

Another boring year

A- more-than-good episode
    scuse me if i write bad (the english kick my ass)

Althogh i love Spinal Tap, this episode ended up being about my least favorite character-Otto, who is only good for small one liners, but as the Simpsons staff have only recently realized, writing a whole episode with him just gets annoying. 3/5

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

Since I'm a big rock fan and Otto's one of my favorite characters,I absolutely love this episode! So many great moments - the concert is amazing. Every minute of this episode is hilarious. Overall,I can't get enough of this one! 5/5
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

Pretty good episode. Poor Milhouse trapped under a bunch of chairs lol. There were lots of good jokes, and that stuff, and the storyline is good, I'm kinda busy, but I'll give this an A- or maybe about a 4/5

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

B+/A- episode, glad to see Spinal Tap, not quite season 3's funniest, but still very good
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

It's like swallowing Draino

I did adore the first act with Spinal Tap (who I've been a huge fan of for...two days now), but funny as it was ("Excuse me, that was the cue to turn on the house lights so we can tell the audience they're the sixth member of the freakin' group!"), it honestly had nothing to do with the actual plot.

Still, the episode was chock full of funny stuff (Skinner idling for hours in the bus while he waits for traffic was ecspecially fun), and Otto got some pretty good lines in the story, naturally (I enjoyed the bit where he asked Patty if she'd always been a woman). I enjoyed this episode, but it was a little disjointed for the classic era.

4/5 (I grade the old stuff way too fairly)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Nigga Storage
    steve scrivlelaopfjiore, harleenquinn, spikeyhairedhooligan, and ppoi are actually all the same poster.

Definitely my least favorite of the season, but it is still very funny. It is very disjointed, as shown by the plot progression (The first third of the episode is about a concert, which leads to Bart wanting a guitar, which leads to Otto playing it, which leads to crisis and Otto getting laid off his job, which leads to him having to move in with the Simpsons, which is basically where the real conflict starts, and, as noted before, it is really half-way through the episode). Apart from that, the jokes are funny, but when compared to the other greats of the season, not even the humor can make this a fantastic episode. Still very enjoyable, if only average.

Grade: B

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog
    Otto, who is only good for small one liners, but as the Simpsons staff have only recently realized, writing a whole episode with him just gets annoying.
    I actually think he was a fantastic character that got annoying when they recently realized he was good for small one liners, especially when 99% of those are drug related gags.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

I'm lowering my grade, and not just due to my curving down recently on everything. Otto wears out his welcome by about halfway through the episode, and his dilemma is not interesting (though it is indirectly through Skinner and Selma). The stuff with Spinal Tap is just okay to me...I don't know what I was smoking before, I always though Spinal Tap was pretty mediocre compared to Guffman. This episode grade = the sum of its funny moments: B-

Maybe it's time to live.... Cerpin Taxt's Avatar

3/5, there really wasn't a point to it at all, I pretty much hated it, but it has my absolute, all time greatest moment in Simpsons history ever!: Homer singing Herb Alpert while the SWAT teams run in behind him.

So it gets a 3.

And no, I can't explain why that is the best scene to me. But it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by grissom
    I refuse to vote on the basis that apparently Nickelodeons viewers have the worst taste in films ever.

Pageant of the Transmundane Homerpalooza's Avatar

5/5 one of my favorites.

You're deceptive

I thought this was the weakest of Season 3 but it still gets a B+, Spinal Tap were great.

Tougher! Rougher! Badder! I Love Lisa's Avatar

A-, great episode, I especially like the story Otto tells to Lisa and the rest was pretty damn good as well.

4/5 a good episode.

dont think its the worst of season three at all A-

A very funy episod and a very funny end.

I like it a lot more than I used to.

B

Thread Information