2 1.08%
  • 1/5 Homer with hair? Whattafuck?

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: R&R Simpson and Delilah

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R Simpson and Delilah

Good plot, but too few jokes and funny moments IMO. 4/5

A classic, and a very non-patronising use of a gay character, especially considering it was in 1990

A

I've never really liked this episode although I know it isn't bad. C+

Another boring year

Too good for that season A-
    scuse me if i write bad (the english kick my ass)

back in black

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    I've never really liked this episode although I know it isn't bad. C+
    I'll agree with this statement; it's another one of those mediocre Season 2 episodes in my books. A lower joke ratio than many others in the series gives it a 2/5 rating from me. (Too bad it has to skip from "average" to "bad" in the poll.)
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Galalimit

Deleted
    Last edited by Galalimit; 04-04-2006 at 12:15 PM.

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

I find it about average. It's good the first time, but seems very dull and hard to sit through it any more. Way too slow paced and not enough jokes to fill the half hour it seems. 2.8/5

click HERE if my Jesus with Guns avatar offends you (or if ya wanna get a laugh)

5/5, excellent episode

5/5. One of my favourite Homer episodes, it's got everything.
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Way below par for a season 2 episode. Though this is one of my favorite seasons.

3/5 C+
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

thank you based god SideshowTim's Avatar

can get boring...has some very funny parts although i felt the character of karl was way too under developed for the role he had in the episode. not bad by any means but there are plenty of better episodes in season 2. 7/10

Jay

Excellent episode. I put 5/5.

Site by Maksvolk aka Jay
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I'm just like Homer!
    I'm Homer, who are you? by NoHomers.net

El Duderinho

I think its a good episode 4/5

Somebody Wake Up Hicks Terrier Williger's Avatar

"Please God, give a bald man a break - Amen"...
    ...I've forgotton how good this ep is.
    Really good story, with Homer at his best.
    All the regular characters are spot-on, especially a ruthless Mr Burns and a jealous Smithers.
    Karl is a good character - well acted but just a little OTT for me.
    This ep gives a good view of the management side of the Power plant - you know you've made it when you get 'The Key'.
    Watch out for Homer's hair styles changing thru the episode - a nice touch.
    9/10 [5/5]
    We live in a society of rules. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing! Did you?! Except at that guy who made sound effects. Brrruuummm!, zhoo-zhoo!, rrraaassspppp!, honk!, honk!, pkeeerrrrgghhh!, ahoo-hoo, he-he, hoo-hoo. Where was I? Oh yeah... Stay out of my booze!

My personal seasons' rankings : 4 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 3 > 5 > 2 > 9 > 1 > 16 > 15 > 18 > 17 > 14 > 10 > 13 > 12 > 11..19&20?..can't be arsed

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A+ I Love this one, it just has a great unique season 2 tone, very mature, a subtle gay character. The story is just very intresting and feels very cinematic and some really great character stuff in there.

Did I hear something Harvey Firestein turning down a part in 3 gays of the condo because of the bad sterotypying? If so good for a him, stopped a great character being re-used in a bad way.

It's like swallowing Draino

The problem with someone like me reviewing a Season 2 episode is, being introduced to The Simpsons during the Scully era, I am forever finding myself comparing the classic era to that era. Because the classic era is vastly superior, in my opinion, I seem to think that an episode from there can do no wrong. True, I have seen stinkers from this season (okay, 1, Dancing Homer), but they never leave me cold the way a Scully or Jean-era stinker will.

That said, I enjoyed this episode immensely, as it incorporated the attributes that I associate most with Season 2: Strong plotting, strong characterization, and the right dose of drama mixed in. (You know, actually giving a damn about Homer. I miss those days.) There were nice little flourishes here and there, Homer’s ever-changing hairstyles, the clothing emporium for “Obese and Gangly Gentlemen” that Homer’s new assistant, Karl (a wonderful Harvey Firestein) takes him to, a very jealous Smithers, that whole fish-stick thing. Little things, I admit; the total package was much, much more impressive.

Like Homer Thompson said, kudos to Mr. Firestein for turning down a role in The Three Gays of the Condo.

Irrelevant blurb: You know how Mr. Burns mentions seeing a program on the DuMont about Rommel, the Desert Fox? The man who defeated Rommel happened to be General Montgomery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Nigga Storage
    steve scrivlelaopfjiore, harleenquinn, spikeyhairedhooligan, and ppoi are actually all the same poster.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Omfg, I didn't need to see that old review I gave. Obviously it's grown on me, and features a Homer character with arguably the most depth he's ever had. A

Accidentally voted a 4/5, when I meant 5/5 (I was still stuck in my old only-absolutely-perfect-episodes-get-5/5 mindset). Anyway, I love this episode. As funny as it is, what really got me was how well-done the animation direction was. Really good scene transition, background design, and dramatic elements.

A

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

One of the best season 2 episodes, and a great episode of the classic era, loved Harvey Firestein's character Karl pretty much making Homer successful and every one else just attributing it to his hair, I also loved Burns' speech about going bald, 4.5/5
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Tougher! Rougher! Badder! I Love Lisa's Avatar

This is one of the episodes I used to just find boring but now like. I thought Karl was good and there were some good jokes in there as well. 4/5

It is a very funny episod 4/5.

Great, underrated story featuring Homer at his most mature portrayal : someone who, after overcoming the biggest handicap of his personal appearance, finally tries to climb up the corporate ladder by working working hard (although he is helped by Karl). He is empathetically written throughout the episode in ways that the viewer can sympathise with what he goues through. Perhaps the only episode where Smithers has a bigger antagonistic role than Burns : but both of them are finely and believably written. The ending of the man who has something worthwhile to say being mocked and jeered at because of his crude appearance works well as astute social commentary on how much appearance is a factor on our job sector. A serious, mature episode A
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    after I told him my name, he beat seven shades out of me and left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and a brush shoved in where the sun doesn't shine

Junior Camper

Loved that episode. It was on the first simpsons vhs I bought way back when. Always loved it and I've wanted Karl back i the scene again, I thought he was going to turn out having an agenda it just turned out he was a super nice guy lol.
    Maybe it's the beer talking but you've got a butt that won't quit

check oot my band, can't beat a beat of Scottish pop punk. That's me on the right

http://www.bebo.com/grp/Grp.jsp?GrpT...pId=1338712477

A good episode 4/5.

but i'm a vampire General Jack D. Ripper's Avatar

The first strong characterization of Burns, just enough emotion to not feel forced, Karl, great nostalgic feeling, and outstanding, never failing jokes. I particularly love Carl, as he is one of the most likeable characters on television ever. He's just a simple nice, smart guy pretty much. This is one for the top 50. 5/5

5/5 (Rounded up from 4.5/5).
    Last edited by coltonwiggum; 07-26-2007 at 06:55 AM.
    she didnt exactly read shrek the 3rd, which apparently exists as some sort of companion book for a pixar movie. no, this would probably take several minutes (perhaps 10), and would have ultimately depricated the shrek 3 cinematic experience

she merely looked at the book

she saw it, perhaps in the childrens section of a barnes & noble, registered it in her mind as being in existance, and filed it away for later as the subject for a post on BOOKS YOUVE READ. only she just looked at it. and it was shrek 3

in a way its the saddest post ive ever read

-toxic shock syndrome

Approves this Message The Space Pope's Avatar

I really liked this episode. Well rounded and great solid plot. 5/5 all the way. Karl was an excellent tasteful character, and I would like to see him come back in a similar role.
    Crocodylus Pontifex

great eposode esp when bart putting the miracle grow on his chin prob funny

The Truth Is Not Out There. Dr. Strangelove's Avatar

One of Season 2's best episodes and the first "classic" episode for me. 5/5

A good episode, 4/5 sounds about right for this episode.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Thread Information