4 2.99%
  • 1/5

1 0.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Secret War of Lisa Simpson

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

The Secret War of Lisa Simpson

Great episode, really underrated, I mean what's so bad about it?

A

I also find this to be an underrated gem. A

Really enjoyable and underrated 4/5
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

I think it's a pretty good episode. 4/5

El Duderinho

I really like it, 4/5

This one has always been a 5/5 episode for me. I just love it.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Pretty enjoyable; it just doesn't have many jokes crammed in like I'm used to.

Between 3 and 4/5...7/10
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

4-8-15-16-23-42

one of my top ten, and as many others have said, very underrated

A+ :mexican:

Living Through This

I'm watching it right now on my Bart wars DVD, A+

A big fat C I've explained my unappreciation for this many times so I'm not really in the mood to regurgitate it, but by the looks of things on here, I'd consider this overrated.

back in black

An unremarkable episode overall by my standards, but there really isn't anything bad about it I can think of, so I won't complain. My grade is a high 3/5; slightly above average for the series.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

4/5 good, but I find it lacks extremely in re-watchability. When I see this episode, I don't feel like watching i through.

click HERE if my Jesus with Guns avatar offends you (or if ya wanna get a laugh)

Galalimit

Deleted
    Last edited by Galalimit; 04-07-2006 at 12:31 PM.

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlimit
    Good. B+
    BEST... REVIEW... EVER! My God, I have to sit down after that one, just the way you described everything, and pointed out all the minor details, simply amazing. Completely in depth, I have to watch your reviews more often.

Somebody Wake Up Hicks Terrier Williger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence
    BEST... REVIEW... EVER! My God, I have to sit down after that one, just the way you described everything, and pointed out all the minor details, simply amazing. Completely in depth, I have to watch your reviews more often.
    Hellfire, I hope I'm not gonna get caught up in the middle of a Canadian civil war.

Anywayz, I'll try and give a better review.

The humour content is probably lower than the average in this episode, but what there is, is good. This episode plays more on your emotions, than going all out for laughs. Its more about identifying with Lisa and looking more closely at her character. It also trys to show Barts feelings towards her when he's placed in the difficult situation of being under peer pressure. The episode succeeds in making me feel sorry for her, and I really want to see her succeed in the final test across the Eliminator.
    A very well written episode in my opinion.
    8/10
    Last edited by Terrier Williger; 06-21-2005 at 04:03 PM.
    We live in a society of rules. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing! Did you?! Except at that guy who made sound effects. Brrruuummm!, zhoo-zhoo!, rrraaassspppp!, honk!, honk!, pkeeerrrrgghhh!, ahoo-hoo, he-he, hoo-hoo. Where was I? Oh yeah... Stay out of my booze!

My personal seasons' rankings : 4 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 3 > 5 > 2 > 9 > 1 > 16 > 15 > 18 > 17 > 14 > 10 > 13 > 12 > 11..19&20?..can't be arsed

I'm not sure why, but I am not too fond of this episode. It's not that it's bad. It's just that I don't enjoy watching it more than once. There is nothing really wrong with it on the surface. I mean, it is well characterised and you do really want Lisa to succeed on the Eliminator. The plot is also decent. However, it is still unsatisfying. Perhaps it is the ending. Ah well. For all it has going for it, I'll give it a B-.

Banned

I like this episode Very Much. It really focuses on Issues with Gender. Which I like.

Out of touch old timer Nebuchanezzar's Avatar

Lenny: Eh
    Homer: Come on!
    Homer: Come oon!
    Homer: Oh come on!
    Lenny: Oooeh

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

A seemingly unrelated scene from Sunday Cruddy Sunday is how I feel about this episode. It's entertaining, it's sweet, it's touching in a very cliched way (not that it's a bad thing) but it's not all that great.

The whole story is fairly believable from the get go (apart from the Disneyland trickery), which certainly lends it some credence. The Bart/Lisa climax is handled well, although it is just a tad cliched, predictable and a bit too common in our entertainment world. The pacing is nice, with nothing coming off too rushed or too forced, and the scene with Lisa listening to that recording by herself is certainly rather touching. What brings it down is it's lack of humour, the aforementioned cliched plot points and the fact that after this episode, they probably should have moved onto the next grade for continuitys sake.

It's not bad, it's good, but it's not great either. 6.75/10 (3/5)
    We are trying to archive all of the noteworthy, substantial and important Simpsons related posts/threads on the NHC. This website hosts an enormous library of great observations that ought to be catalogued in a library of online criticism. If you know of any threads that fit this bill PLEASE CONTRIBUTE to the link below.

CLICK HERE

Also of interest:
    My grades and reviews of every episode from seasons 1-7

Banned

3/5 maybe 4/5. very good, A-

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

One of the last truly great season finales, and quite possibly the best Lisa episode, I also loved Jasper's line "I already talked to her for twenty damn minutes" and I also like cadet Franklin's "We'll just see about that"
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Maybe it's time to live.... Cerpin Taxt's Avatar

I gave it a 5. I think it's really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by grissom
    I refuse to vote on the basis that apparently Nickelodeons viewers have the worst taste in films ever.

welcome to my town sacrelicious's Avatar

My vote is a 5. Good jokes mixed in with a good plot. Plus Wilem Defoe provides as good of a guest voice as any one.

Still it doesn't beat You Only Move Twice and its guest voice of Albert Brooks, but not much does anyway

Not waving but drowning Lady_Simpson's Avatar

5/5 for me.
    Funny but not overdone, plus I like Bart-Lisa episodes, and anything about the military.
    You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth-handler, you. Bah! I deride your truth-handling abilities! - Sideshow Bob

3 years late, but meh! simplysimpsons's Avatar

I've always thought it was underrated. A down-to-earth, Bart and Lisa episode that is very unusual for the second half of season 8. Sure it's not the funniest episode around, but I think it's overall very strong in plot with a very satisfying conclusion. A-

A tribute to Bart Simpson

You think THAT's bad? What about that time when I was turned into a Tetris block?

Banned

4.5/5.

An almost perfect Ep. It's one of 8s best.

NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar

It seems a lot of people lately have been saying how much they dislike this one, but I can't find a reason. I think it's one of the best episodes: the story was very well-developed, the characterization was spot-on, the humor was not outrageous but still proffered greatness, and the more serious tone was stark and unforgettable. The ending with Bart and Lisa was touching and their whole dynamic in this one was flawlessly-explored. A very emotionally-written and well-done episode. I suppose most people's argument is that it is "boring"; however, I found it to be very well-paced and didn't bore me for a moment. 5/5

I Talk To The Wind You Bent My Wookiee's Avatar

Great episode! This has the humor and heart-warming moments that makes the great. 4/5

Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god.

End Communication!

Considering my love of old-timey filmstrips, I particularly enjoy the "moon of Earth" film. "The moon belongs to America."

We can't forget the museum (aww...) of crime! (yay!)

I also like the notation of John Keats as a civilian on the chalkboard.

Gentlemen, welcome to flavor country!
    "You're looking lovely this evening. Have you decreased in mass?"

3/5, a good but not great episode.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A good season 8 episode
    4/5

Thread Information