11 7.80%
  • haven't seen it

1 0.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R&R Bye Bye Nerdie

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R Bye Bye Nerdie

1/10, one of the worst of season 12.
    The plot is stupid. That bullies are bullies because of chemical reasons makes no sense. The 'subplot' with Maggie and Homer was boring. The only good joke in this episode was "pi is excactly 3".

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zelek

4-8-15-16-23-42

i liked it, personally...B+

dont know why it gets so many bad reviews...it's quite underrated, but like almost all season 12s, there is room for improvement. very original concept

Very average I think, by the end of the episode I didn't have any feeling one way or another, which makes it an average C or 5/10

Another boring year

E.That plot is crap
    scuse me if i write bad (the english kick my ass)

Stonecutter

Pretty good. 7/10.

Alos it's good too see some R&R threads in here. Seems to be all best/worst episode polls now a days...

2/10. You know an episode is bad when you can describe it with the word "shit".
    Si eres capaz de entender esto, es que sabes un poco de español (o que estás utilizando Babelfish, cosa que no te recomiendo)

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zelek

7/10. Pretty enjoyable for the Scully era.
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

The explanation of why the bullies are bullies spoiled it. It had a nice main idea, but it wasn't very well developed, IMO. The subplot was meh. In the good side, if I'm not mistaken, this one had awesome animation.
    4/10

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zelek

Piece of crap. The whole sweat theory is supergay.
    1/5

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zelek

Quote Originally Posted by Robertuybrush
    In the good side, if I'm not mistaken, this one had awesome animation.
    Yeah, this was Lauren MacMullan's first shot at directing an ep.

back in black

7/10. Slightly above average overall, with an original plot, great animation, and an overall enjoyable experience. The subplot and conclusion do take the grade down a little, though.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Not bad, somehow entertaining and forgivable for all it's flaws...
    Lightspeed Briefs, as seen in your dreams.
    My deviantART page

Dr. Bartley

4/5 i have always liked this episode and it has alot of great laughs in it too...

WOO-HOO! 1,000 Posts

Well, it's not exactly horrible, but not one of my favorites either. The bully's (can't remember her name) character is annoying to me, and like others have said, bullies beating smarts kids up because of chemicals makes no sense. Memorably good jokes included Professor Frink's "Pi is exactly 3" line, a few parts of Homer's subplot, and some other scattered jokes. Overall, nothing really that memorable though. 6/10

8/10
    I actually thought this was one of the better episodes of the era.
    [SIZE=1]

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

The nerd sweat thing was OK. It would have been fine on South Park, and no one would have complained then, but doesn't fit so well on The Simpsons. Also, I actually thought the Homer subplot was really good; some very funny momens such as Homer preventing the Shiva-related pokings. C+

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What Robertuybrush said. The first time I watched it I was thinking it was one of the best episodes I had watched in a while until the crappy ending totally spoiled it.

Ugh...if there is an episode that I really do loathe, it's Bye Bye Nerdie. The only enjoyable part was the bus and car pursuit, but even that became contrived when Marge didn't want her victory being taken away from her. Most of the episode was merely dull and uninteresting - only serving to encourage the fact that brutes triumph over good people. In the end, the audience is meant (I guess) to feel for the bully, but I just couldn't. The fact that she was allowed to attack more people made me even angrier. The subplot is a little better, but it is still a clear example of Mike Scully making something out of nothing (baby-proofing? What the hell?) - as he has occassionally been known to do. And by the way, the 'nerd sweat' thing was the worst part, so I won't even go into that. So in summary, Bye Bye Nerdie is NOT underrated, nor is it even a crappy guilty pleasure like Viva Ned Flanders was. It gets an E, or an F to you Americans. Simply one of my least favourite episodes.

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zelek

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

Such an underrated episode! The plot was ridiculous,but I don't care - it was damn funny from begining to the end! The opening scene is one of the best openings ever! Homer's trouble with bullies,Homer saving the kids,Lisa's conversation with Nelson... Everything was funny! And some great quotes:

"PI is exactly 3!"
    "Let's not listen to her"

- All her bullying was just to get some attention.
    - No,dad! Didn't you listen to anything I said?
    - Just do get some attention.

- Homer,you're still here? You should have left for work a whole hour ago!
    - Thay said if I come in late again I'll be fired! I can't take that chance!

9/10
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Didn't really like this episode, I did however enjoy the beginning with Marge rushing the kids to school and racing Otto, aside from that, it was a very lame episode 6.5/10
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Junior Camper

1-10 Ugh! boring, plotless worst episode of season 12...only watched it once probably never watch it again
    How Do You Feel About 45 Year Old Virgins That Still Live With Their Parents?

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

It was actually a pretty good episode, up until the revelation of the "nerd sweat" thing. From then on....... three words..... CRASH. AND. BURN. 3/10

this episode....damn....it's as bad as it gets imo. i didn't remember the name of the episode or the season when i came here, for some reason i thought it was from season 14. but i knew that imo it really was and is the worst, episode, ever!
    looking at the ratings here though, i see it's mixed (as usual) just as was the case with you kent always say what you want ..400th ep from season 18. so i wonder what rating wise is the nohomers opinion ..statistically....of the worst episode ever. maybe a post with the top ten best and worst rated shows.. ?? dunno. would be great to see the results though rather than pour over 18 seasons episode by episode .

p.s.: if someone already did a top ten best /worst, my apologies, i display my n00bishness for bun and stall.
    "like a dehydrated peanut,
    or a brined cactus ,
    my lifes been like a belly,
    after a hump of the solar plexus"

-dying words of the irreverent reverend Orkhis P. Ouron(1746-1700)

Junior Camper

For me, this episode is probably the worst episode I've seen in the entire series. It had seemingly no purpose, no coherent plot, a weak script, poor character development, a weak and stupid conclusion and was just an absolute waste of time in every way possible. I cannot describe how much I like this episode

At least other episodes involving Lisa's relationship with a new kid at school -"Lard of the Dance" and "Lisa's Rival" -allowed the viewer to gain an opportunity to learn more about Lisa's character and her interaction with her friends at school. And the character development of the new kid in question has usually been very well-done. But this episode's new character is a cliched, one-dimensional stereotype who serves no purpose other than to serve as the backdrop to a very weak plot.

0/10 for this one -I can find nothing redeeming in it. And this is perhaps one of only two or three episodes that I can give a 0 rating to

7/10, good episode.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

I think in the end this episode is only average.
    The start was funny, Lisa having problems with the new girl Francine
    but overall not such so good episode.
    The sub-plot with Homer and Maggie was ok, but also nothing special.

5/10

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Really funny episode with some great animation...the plot is too unbelievable but I just try to go with it. 4/5
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

The direction is fantastic, and there are quite a few hilarious moments like "Your baby is DEAD!", "Pi is exactly three!", "Get 'er outta here...", "Let's not listen...", "JUST to get some attention", "You leave me little recourse...", "That's like asking the square root of a million: Nobody will ever know."

I tend to agree with the consensus, however, that the nerd chemical thing is too far fetched to be believable. You can't tell me the only reason bullies attack nerds is because of a chemical. What about personality? Jealousy? To exhibit a sense of dominance to make up for their lack of self esteem?

Both the main plot and the sub-plot are pretty average, but the part with the nerd chemical is where the episode starts going to hell. Saying it was overly ridiculous is just repeating what everyone else said, so I'll end that there. Surprisingly enough, however, the episode is rather quotable, moreso than a lot of Scully episodes. C
    Season 21:
    Homer the Whopper: C, Bart Gets a Z: C+, The Great Wife Hope: B-, Treehouse of Horror XX: B, The Devil Wears Nada: C-, Pranks & Greens: C, Rednecks & Broomsticks: D+, O Brother, Where Bart Thou?: B, Thursdays With Abie: D, Once Upon a Time in Springfield: C+, Million Dollar Maybe: C-

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

5/10.

Thread Information