View Poll Results: How do you rate My Sister, My Sitter

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • (5/5) I'm Very Mature For My Age, People Often Mistake Me For Nine!

82 43.62%
  • (4/5) I Dressed Myself!

68 36.17%
  • (3/5) Loneliness and Cheeseburgers Are A Dangerous Mix!

26 13.83%
  • (2/5) A Bad Episode Caused By Bad Babysitting!

9 4.79%
  • (1/5) Oh Baby Hate Bib (And This Episode) Wah Waah!

3 1.60%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: R&R My Sister, My Sitter

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R My Sister, My Sitter

I've seen a bit of hatred on here for this and can't understand it, it's one of my favourites of Season 8, it has a sense of fun missing from a lot of the Season. It's a slight story, but one I feel is used to its full potential

A-

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

You forgot the poll.

I always loved this episode and watched it way to many times, a definate 10/10

click HERE if my Jesus with Guns avatar offends you (or if ya wanna get a laugh)

Agreed, this is a great episode A-
    "I think we should stop, the mayor is yelling at us!"

UR CLOTHES GIVE THEM TO ME Upgrayedd's Avatar

a great, fun episode
    9/10

back in black

One of Season 8's 5/5 episodes; this season is high on laughs, and this episode is one of the prime examples.

Unfortunately, I don't agree with any of the 5 sentences in the rating (except maybe 4/5, which is a bit lame).
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Peter
    One of Season 8's 5/5 episodes; this season is high on laughs, and this episode is one of the prime examples.

Unfortunately, I don't agree with any of the 5 sentences in the rating (except maybe 4/5, which is a bit lame).
    Yes they don't really match up do they? It's actually really hard to find quotes from the episode that match with 1/5, 2/5 etc....oh well I did my best

Bart is a horrible jerk to Lisa. I've always disliked this episode because of that. It starts out well, and has a good opening sequence and final scene, though. 2/5
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

Dr. Bartley

(4/5) I Dressed Myself!

Come on England! The lesson is never try's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Omine
    Bart is a horrible jerk to Lisa. I've always disliked this episode because of that. It starts out well, and has a good opening sequence and final scene, though. 2/5
    well wouldnt you be annoyed, if you had a 8 year old sister who baby sat you, even though she younger than you, so Bart has a pluasible reason, anyways, 4/5 good episode, but not a classic by season 8 standards.

Yes, but he was totally horrid, damaging himself and raising hell for Lisa...

5/5 one of my faves of series eight

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can't remember well. This is an episode I haven't watched in years...Anyway, yes, Bart was a bit of a jerk...but it was quite on character for Bart, I guess, I understood it completely and in fact it showed a different type of brother-sister conflict that actually happens sometimes. I thought it was a simple, nice episode about real kids. I guess it was a 4/5, but I'm not voting cause I can't remember.

Stonecutter

That's Barts character Caroyln

Maybe he went over the top but all was well at the end.

I know in the SNPP capsules there was a lot of discussion about whether Bart was being 'evil' or not. Perhaps my sister and I just had a volatile relationship, but every scene of this episode rang true to me. In fact we got up to much worse when we were left to our own devices. Siblings can be vindictive little bastards and just because Bart is unlikeable in this episode doesn't mean the writers pushed him too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Barney
    That's Barts character Caroyln

Maybe he went over the top but all was well at the end.
    No it isn't. Bart is supposed to be a michevious kid who plays pranks. He's not a jerkass who tries to half-kill himself just because he wants to be mean to his sister.

Now with More Testicles. do what donny dont does's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Omine
    He's not a jerkass who tries to half-kill himself just because he wants to be mean to his sister.
    You must be an only child

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh No characters being mean that should be forbidden in the simpsons universe.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

I agree with Nameless. Bart's over-the-top antics were way out of character. He's pushed way too far in what would've otherwise been a very good episode.

Regardless, enough good moments and a nice story make this a B/B- ep.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Great episode, I especially loved Dr. Nick's office and Lisa baby sitting Rod and Todd, as well as the two story outhouse
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Maybe it's time to live.... Cerpin Taxt's Avatar

3/5. I thought it was kind of bland against the others in this season. It features mostly typical reactions from everyone and was extreeemely predictable, except for the fact that Lisa got caught. I actually thought the best part about it was that there was no cop out at the end of the episode regarding her being caught, but rather trusted in spite of this by the citizens of Springfield.
    Quote Originally Posted by grissom
    I refuse to vote on the basis that apparently Nickelodeons viewers have the worst taste in films ever.

The Chunnel's gonna blow!

4/5. One of my favorite episodes of season 8. Lots of laughs, an entertaining plot. True, Bart was pretty cruel to Lisa, but I'm sure you can understand why he's so upset. Anyway, a very good episode. And I love when Lisa is pushing Bart in the wheelbarrow and has Maggie locked in a pet carrier.
    Season 18 Grades
    The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer: C+
    Jazzy and the Pussycats: D-
    Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em...: F
    Treehouse of Horror XVII: C-
    G.I. D'oh: B-
    Moe 'N' A Lisa: B
    Ice Cream of Margie (With the Light Blue Hair): B
    The Haw-Hawed Couple: B
    Kill Gil: Vols. 1 & 2: C
    The Wife Aquatic: N/A
    Revenge is a Dish Best Served Three Times: C
    Little Big Girl: A-
    Springfield Up: A-
    Yokel Chords: B
    Rome-old and Juli-eh: C-
    Homerazzi: B
    Marge Gamer: B-
    The Boys of Bummer: B
    Crook and Ladder: C-
    Stop Or My Dog Will Shoot!: C-
    24 Minutes: A-
    You Kent Always Say What You Want: C

Season Rankings
    4>7>3>8>6>5>2>9>1>10>15>13>14>12>18>11>17>16

My Sister, My Sitter is a fascinating look at the darker side of sibling rivalry. I really don't see any problem with either Lisa or Bart's characterisation here.One of the great things about Lisa is that she prides herself for being more mature than other kids, but actually she has her own childish, slihtly naive side. And Bart wasn't being too malicious at all : the writers just focussed on the more negative aspects of his character. It is entirely plausible for Bart to detest an authority figure: especially when it is his own younger sister. And this is an episode that keeps me completely interested for the whole 30 minutes : only the rivalries in Bart vs. Thanksgiving and Lisa On Ice are on par with this one.

Only complaint is the ending : it sort of ends on a "feel-good" way with everything turning out all right. I would've have a liked a more cynical ending which would be much more fitting with the general tone of the episode.
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    after I told him my name, he beat seven shades out of me and left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and a brush shoved in where the sun doesn't shine

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

I have to say, watching this yesterday, it's the only Simpsons episode to date to actually make me JUMP. When Lisa opens the door and Krusty BUSTS in and yells "Hey hey!" at the camera, it was very surprising. I was laughing for a solid minute after...heh.

Banned

A pretty good episode. It's one of the better Season 8 episodes, but I give it a 4.

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

This episode is too dark for my taste. I found it more sad than funny. It had some funny moments,such as the one with Homer in the fountain,but the part with Lisa driving Bart in wheelbarrow outshined the rest. One of my least favorite episodes. 2/5
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

3/5 - I really, really dislike Bart in this episode. There's definitely some funny stuff here, and a suitable plot, but Bart's characterization is just awful.

One of my favorites. It has everything, including temporary insanity, the by me assumed cause of Bart's strange behaviour. If I calculated the percentage of lines that have become quotes in my mental notepad, I'm sure it would be over 50%.

For example, one of my favorite Homer quotes:

Marge: ...This is what I imagine Paris must be like.
    Homer: You've never been?

Of course it gets five giant subs out of five possible.
    I love you, Edna Krabappel.

Nobody likes oily Homer.

This is one of those episodes you either hate or love. For me, it's love.

5/5
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

tuna that is ON FIRE!!!!!!!

I found it a little bit boring, and the characters just aren't themselves in this episode, but otherwise this episode is good 3/5.

Give me my sword,............ it's ownage time. - Confucius

Not waving but drowning Lady_Simpson's Avatar

I haven't seen this one in quite a while so I'm not going to write much, I just don't remember liking it too much.

I think that it had good potential as an idea, but then it just got...a bit over the top.
    You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth-handler, you. Bah! I deride your truth-handling abilities! - Sideshow Bob

Thread Information