View Poll Results: R&R...

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 (Insert Jacques quote here)

93 54.71%
  • 4/5 (Insert second Jacques quote here)

39 22.94%
  • 3/5 (Insert Marge quote here)

24 14.12%
  • 2/5 (Insert Homer quote here)

7 4.12%
  • 1/5 (Insert Lisa quote here)

7 4.12%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R&R: Life On The Fast Lane

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R: Life On The Fast Lane

An extremely underrated and hilarious episode, with much good emotion. 5/5
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

Stonecutter

An extremely boring and sometimes funny episode, with much good emotion. 3/5

Come on England! The lesson is never try's Avatar

1/5 boring from start to finish.

Dr. Bartley

3.5/5 my least fave episode of series 1

The first bona-fida classic of the series A+

Diaper Dandy

3/5 some funny moments but not a very good episode!

Pretty, pretty, pretty good. California Prunes's Avatar

Slghtly overrated but still a very good episode. Some of the best emotion of the series and you can actually really sympathise with Homer at times, especially the kitchen scene when he talks about how well Marge makes peanut butter & jam sandwiches. Jacques is a superb one time character played excellently by Albert Brooks. The ending is nice but slightly bordering on sappy. A-/A
    DVD Season Rankings - 7, 6, 4, 2, 3, 5, 8, 1

jesus... anyone who gives it anything below a B sucks at life. except drunk barney, who probably said that because he's drunk.

A+.
    I'd post my review, but when I reviewed most of Season 1 I was babbling on about God know's what. I think it took like 30 seconds or something to spew out whatever the hell I felt about them. I constantly whine on about how the animation isn't bad, the jokes are funny and how great "such and such running joke/character" was introduced...

Galalimit

Awful. D-

Quote Originally Posted by California Prunes
    The ending is nice but slightly bordering on sappy. A-/A
    You do know the ending is a parody of An Officer and a Gentleman?

5/5 The first great episode.

What Carolyn said.

5/5

back in black

Quote Originally Posted by Butters
    jesus... anyone who gives it anything below a B sucks at life. except drunk barney, who probably said that because he's drunk.
    Then I must be drunk too... I agree with Drunk Barney's comments on the episode. (And I admit, I suck at life too. I think I'll have suicide chicken wings for dinner.)

What makes it even worse is that I can say the same about Mother Simpson - humour and emotion are present in both, but I've never been one for the slow-paced episodes, which most people seem to love. 7G11 would probably be better if the pace was faster to make room for more sexual humour (which was cut for time).

3/5.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

I'll never understand the people who give this episode D's and F's. Top 20, and still the best Homer and Marge relationship episode of the whole series. A+
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

UR CLOTHES GIVE THEM TO ME Upgrayedd's Avatar

one of the best A+, 5/5

This is one of my favorite episodes of all time. I don't find this boring, but very compelling and engaging as it digs deep into the relationship between Homer and Marge. The peanut butter & jelly sequence is one of the most touching sequences of the entire show in my eyes. Jacques is a fantastic character. Every line he says is just solid gold as it's all practically corny compliments blended with cheesy bowling metaphors and whatnot. I really wouldn't have this episode any other way.

A+

Crotis Jivefunk

Quote Originally Posted by California Prunes
    Slghtly overrated but still a very good episode. Some of the best emotion of the series and you can actually really sympathise with Homer at times, especially the kitchen scene when he talks about how well Marge makes peanut butter & jam sandwiches. Jacques is a superb one time character played excellently by Albert Brooks. The ending is nice but slightly bordering on sappy. A-/A
    I agree with this except for your comment on the ending being sappy. I believe it's a reference to An Officer And A Gentlemen (Correct me if I'm wrong) That's why there's an instrumental version of Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong. The best gag in the episode appears during the ending, with the meter going from safe to unsafe.

Stonecutter

After re-watching it was better. I just thought the story line had a powerful and "real" feel too it. There were plenty of good jokes too.

Homer: so it's going to be me and you
    Marge: and the kids
    Homer: Fair enough
    pause
    Marge: And my sisters
    Homer: D'oh!

I have to say I didn't find it boring this time and can honestly say I found it to be a classic. A/A+
    Last edited by Drunk Barney; 06-03-2005 at 05:34 AM.

Boring and kind of on the "meh" side. 2.5/5

Pretty, pretty, pretty good. California Prunes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crotis Jivefunk
    I agree with this except for your comment on the ending being sappy. I believe it's a reference to An Officer And A Gentlemen (Correct me if I'm wrong) That's why there's an instrumental version of Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong. The best gag in the episode appears during the ending, with the meter going from safe to unsafe.
    You are definetely right, it is a parody of An Officer and A Gentlemen. A very good one at that. I have to admit though in my review I completely forgot about the parody, its been years since ive seen it. And yes, that gag was fantastic and also my favourite gag of the episode, especially coupled with (Lenny's?) smiling face when the meter turned in the background. Pure gold.

ain't no half steppin Son of Bomber's Avatar

One of the first episodes I ever saw. loved it then, love it now. I didn't know so many people dislike this it. Forshame.

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

Terrible piece of fucking assed shit. That isn't Marge, she wouldn't do something like that, and I hate her. Homer is pathetic as hell, and it's another one of those slow paced season one pieces of garbage that's so boring you can only watch it once, then never again. Also it sucked and I hated it.

click HERE if my Jesus with Guns avatar offends you (or if ya wanna get a laugh)

El Duderinho

4/5, very good

the original Sex Pistol

s1's best 5/5

Banned

One of my favorite episodes ever. A+

a really funny and entertaining Marge episode.
    I think also Jacques is an interesting character, could have used him maybe
    some more in future episodes. Anyway, in this episode he fits great and makes it
    a really good episode for me.

B

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

My Review From tv.com:
    The Introduction of Lenny, one of Harry Shearers best characters.

My Favourite Quote Section –

(Marge has a daydream fantasy in which she is alone with Jacques at his apartment.)
    Marge: You certainly have a lot of bowling trophies.
    Jacques: (Laughs) I like you so much. They're not for bowling, Marge. You're so nave. They're for lovemaking!

My Why I love this Episode Section – Jacques that's it He is the man albert brooks done a hugely great job at delivering his lines the "lovemaking" line and the 'my heart and my hips cry proceed' was a great line to the only albert brooks character I like better is Hank Scorpio he was great.

Better or Worse Than the last episode – Slightly Worse Another Fantastic installment but the telltale head just made the season that and bart the genius were gold and Simpsons roasting on an open fire was damn good to this episode was great but compared to those episodes it didn't quite cut it, Again Swartzwelder's Season 1 episodes can't keep up with Al Jean and Mike Reiss.

A

Thanks,
    Ahh Goobras.

Screw Flanders Screw Flanders Screw Flanders Screw Flanders Screw Flanders
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

I survived the Monorail TerwilligerBob's Avatar

A surprisingly great episode for season 1, Homer's change from selfishness to pathos was done fabulously and the plot was very well executed. Jaques is probably one of the funniest one-time characters ever. This episode definitely deserved that Emmy, I think it was the best episode of the season. And the "Officer and a Gentleman" parody was gorgeous, sent shivers down my spine and had a very sincere and effective "feel-good" effect. And of course it was topped off with humor, one of my favorite lines ever: "Tell him I'm going to the back seat of my car with the woman I love--and I won't be back for ten minutes! 5/5
    "Attention Duelists!"

I survived the Monorail TerwilligerBob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    Terrible piece of fucking assed shit. That isn't Marge, she wouldn't do something like that, and I hate her. Homer is pathetic as hell, and it's another one of those slow paced season one pieces of garbage that's so boring you can only watch it once, then never again. Also it sucked and I hated it.
    Judging by that *ahem* animation in your signature, I think I can guess where this is coming from...I don't think this really warrants a discussion.

Thread Information