Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 2163



Thread: Simpsons Comics Thread



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #421
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    It wouldn't be an actual "Simpsons Comics" issue, so, yes, I take it that it will be a whole new series, like Simpsons Super Spectaculars.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    the Jonas Brothers make my gay, pedophile dick so hard.

  2. #422
    Dr. Bartley
    Guest


    Simpsons Comics #122 Out This Week!
    In a blast from the past, Homer tells a tale of his teenage troubles, and the time he found himself caught in a three-way love triangle between Marge and a lovely young debutante — who also happened to be Mr. Burns’ niece.

  3. #423
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    For those who don't know, this one is by Mary Trainer, who wrote issue #15 that has been (in reviews I've read) highly acclaimed (which was printed way back in 1995, and was also a flashback issue). Out of the last few issues, we have seen the return of writers like Scott M. Gimple and James W. Bates, both of whom haven't written Simpsons Comics for over 4 years. Is it a sign of good things to come, with all the old writers returning?

  4. #424
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    I got Futurama #21 today. I liked it...but something seemed missing. For some reason, to me, issues #17 to the newest ones seem as if they were made by a totally different company compared to the first 16 issues. Ever since the start of The Time Bender Trilogy, something hasn't really been right with the comics. I have US #26, and in the next few months I'll get the Australian #22-#25 issues when they come out, but judging by issues #17-#21, and #26, this trend will continue through the issues I still don't have.

    I mean, the art and writing is still great, but it's just the way it actually IS written that seems to put me off. I love the first 16 issues, so I really want to know what has happened with the Bongo crew with these last few ones.

  5. #425
    Profound Sadness Kiyosuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,781


    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bartley
    Simpsons Comics #122 Out This Week!
    In a blast from the past, Homer tells a tale of his teenage troubles, and the time he found himself caught in a three-way love triangle between Marge and a lovely young debutante — who also happened to be Mr. Burns’ niece.
    SPOILERS in this

    This comic was actually really cool. The whole thing was a flashback to Homer's past, but it wasn't the usual "How Homer and Marge got together" story, its a really funny story of another woman woo'ing Homer in his High School years while he's going out with Marge and it all boils down to him trying to figure a way out of his little situation. He loves Marge and doesn't want to leave her or tell her, but the other woman (Burns' niece coincidentally) really comes on to Homer and at first he's totally clueless to this (he thinks its a "just friends" thing) and in the end it becomes one big mess because he doesn't tell either about the other. I felt sorry for young Homer in this. lol

    Its pretty good though.

    SPOILER END

    Oh, the new Treehouse of Horror compilation, Hoodoo Voodoo Brouhaha was released very recently too. I highly recommend it, its the best THoH book yet. Almost all the stories have alternative character design styles and many of the shorts and stories are really really fun.

    The comics lately have been on fire. A lot of really creative premises.

  6. #426
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    I may get the THOH book. I'm not sure yet, as I already have the stories that are in it in their original comic book issues. I may get it, however, for the extra material that you can only get in those books.

  7. #427
    has it garret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    2,253


    Yeah, the extra stuff is pretty amusing. I like the 2 page spread from spooktacular. (was that extra or not? I don't have the original issues.) I'm reading 113 right now for the first time... the one with Ivan's letter in it. It's pretty nice so far. I laughed at the Quimby/Krusty joke.

  8. #428
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    WHY DOES EVERYTHING YOU SAY END UP BEING ABOUT ME???

  9. #429
    Where's the money shot? Reverend Lovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Milton Keynes (england)
    Posts
    3,232


    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyosuki
    Oh, the new Treehouse of Horror compilation, Hoodoo Voodoo Brouhaha was released very recently too. I highly recommend it, its the best THoH book yet. Almost all the stories have alternative character design styles and many of the shorts and stories are really really fun.

    The comics lately have been on fire. A lot of really creative premises.
    I agree with you about it being great, Kiyosuki. I bought the book recently. The only problem I have with it is the ridiculously large amount of CBG.

    Thanks to CousinMerl for this great sig!

  10. #430
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    I agree with the CBG comment. Going through the last few months worth of releases, he has had several stories to himself in Bart Simpson Comics and he turns up playing minor roles throughout Simpsons Comics 118, 119, and 120. And the thing I dislike the most is in the Bart Simpson comics, when he appears, it's always a two-page thing like "Comic Book Guy's Guide To Using Famous Quotes" or something.

  11. #431
    Where's the money shot? Reverend Lovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Milton Keynes (england)
    Posts
    3,232


    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan
    I agree with the CBG comment. Going through the last few months worth of releases, he has had several stories to himself in Bart Simpson Comics and he turns up playing minor roles throughout Simpsons Comics 118, 119, and 120. And the thing I dislike the most is in the Bart Simpson comics, when he appears, it's always a two-page thing like "Comic Book Guy's Guide To Using Famous Quotes" or something.
    Yes, and what does Lovejoy get? :angry:

    God, no wonder I hate CBG so much.

  12. #432
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    I think Lovejoy appeared for one whole page (WOW!) in Simpsons #121 for a scene at the church, but thats pretty bad considering we haven't seen him for a long time in the months beforehand. I have to agree, that's pretty bad.

  13. #433
    Where's the money shot? Reverend Lovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Milton Keynes (england)
    Posts
    3,232


    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan
    I think Lovejoy appeared for one whole page (WOW!) in Simpsons #121 for a scene at the church, but thats pretty bad considering we haven't seen him for a long time in the months beforehand. I have to agree, that's pretty bad.
    Precisely. And what's more, CBG is going to get ANOTHER story in the next Bart Simpsons comics. And people call me biased!

  14. #434
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    I remember Ian Boothby saying here once that they use CBG a lot because he's the right guy to use to point out all these references because of the fact it's a comic book. However, sorry Ian, I disagree. For the last year or so his appearances have been almost nothing to do with comic references (except for a Bart Simpson story from issue #31). He just seems to turn up for absolutely no reason.

  15. #435
    Undead Crew jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,778


    I have a few Simpsons comics from about 10 years ago. Is there any book of the complete collection of Comics or anything like that you can buy?
    Dont Get Up Gentlemen, I'm Only Passin' Through...

  16. #436
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    They release trade paperbacks each year that includes between four and seven of the comics in chronological order (eg: one book has issues 1 to 4, the next has 5 to 9, etc), and in bookstores they are rather common, but if they don't have a certain one in stock than they will order it in for you.
    THIS PAGE: http://planetbongocomics.com/Collections.html has all the collections available.

    EDIT:

    Found this:

    http://angusrobertson.com.au/product...07245068&db=au

    It comes out here in December, and combines the books The Simpsons Forever! and The Simpsons Beyond Forever!

    And we also have a title for the next trade paperback!

    "Simpsons Comics Beach Blanket Bongo!": http://angusrobertson.com.au/product...61231266&db=au

    Don't worry about it saying "128 pages". That site always says that for the TPB.

    It also lists the books "Homer's Guide To Being A Man" and "Lisa Simpson Girl Detective", but they say "not yet published" even though their publication dates were two years ago (as we now understand though, neither book will ever see print).
    Last edited by Charlie; 09-26-2006 at 01:32 AM.

  17. #437
    Where's the money shot? Reverend Lovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Milton Keynes (england)
    Posts
    3,232


    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan
    I remember Ian Boothby saying here once that they use CBG a lot because he's the right guy to use to point out all these references because of the fact it's a comic book. However, sorry Ian, I disagree. For the last year or so his appearances have been almost nothing to do with comic references (except for a Bart Simpson story from issue #31). He just seems to turn up for absolutely no reason.
    Precisely. And I know biasy when I see it.

  18. #438
    Me: hernia..maybe..maybe not D DEBBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    19,012


    TO MY FELLOW NHC BONGO BOOK COLLECTORS:

    Bart Simpson's Treehouse of Horror #12 will be out tomorrow (received an e-mail from my local comic book shop).

  19. #439
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    Wow, #12? That's pretty good considering it's an annual series. It won't be out in Australia until November, but I can't wait now.

  20. #440
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    For Australian fans -- two new books out this week. #5 of the Bartman collector's editions, as well as The Best of Bart Simpson #7.

  21. #441
    Junior Camper
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    179


    have any of you read Bart Simpsons Treehouse 12

    i liked it,
    it was one of the better issues.

  22. #442
    Homicidal blue mouse Itchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    899


    Man, this years THOH comic was one of the worst issues ever. The cover had this awesome painting with Kang and the Simpsons as spahgetti. Then I open it and find something that looks like submitted art from a amateur fanartist rather than something done by a professional comic book artist. The next story is even worse and looks like it was drawn and inked in a hurry by someone who's drawing Simpsons for the first time. The final segment is the only one that's drawn well. Great artwork in that one, but the story could've been better.
    I'm tired of seign non-Simpsons artists do the THOH comics. They should let the regular writers and artists at BONGO continue to do them instead of using people who has no experience in drawing The Simpsons.

  23. #443
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    Quote Originally Posted by Itchy
    Man, this years THOH comic was one of the worst issues ever. The cover had this awesome painting with Kang and the Simpsons as spahgetti. Then I open it and find something that looks like submitted art from a amateur fanartist rather than something done by a professional comic book artist. The next story is even worse and looks like it was drawn and inked in a hurry by someone who's drawing Simpsons for the first time. The final segment is the only one that's drawn well. Great artwork in that one, but the story could've been better.
    I'm tired of seign non-Simpsons artists do the THOH comics. They should let the regular writers and artists at BONGO continue to do them instead of using people who has no experience in drawing The Simpsons.
    I absolutely loved this issue. I didnt on the first read, but on the second and subsequent readings it grew on me. Of course the art looks amateurish -- it's by people that have probably never drawn the Simpsons before. My favourite was the last one with Willie, and my least favourite was the second one with the fairy thing, but there were a couple good jokes. The first story....is hard to comment on. The story was good but it had my least favourite art from the issue.
    Overall, even though the last three or so issues have been average-ish, this is far better than #11.

  24. #444
    Homicidal blue mouse Itchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    899


    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan
    Of course the art looks amateurish -- it's by people that have probably never drawn the Simpsons before.
    That's what I dislike. It seems like THOH has become the amateur nights of comic books. When the regular Bongo artists were doing the comics, they were a lot better.
    Last edited by Itchy; 10-08-2006 at 03:25 AM.

  25. #445
    Profound Sadness Kiyosuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,781


    Something I really love about the Treehouse comics, especially now that its happening more and more, is that they let different artists give their own interpretation of the visual style rather than having them stick extremely close to the official style. Since the guest artists arn't so bound to the official style, you get to see those different interpretations in a really raw way, really showing how each artist's natural style differs. To me, I think its really cool to see different...raw interpretations of characters from different artists. The THoH's can get away with that.

    After seeing the official style in the show and in every other comic, its just a nice change of pace for a little bit.

  26. #446
    Homicidal blue mouse Itchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    899


    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyosuki
    Something I really love about the Treehouse comics, especially now that its happening more and more, is that they let different artists give their own interpretation of the visual style rather than having them stick extremely close to the official style. Since the guest artists arn't so bound to the official style, you get to see those different interpretations in a really raw way, really showing how each artist's natural style differs. To me, I think its really cool to see different...raw interpretations of characters from different artists. The THoH's can get away with that.

    After seeing the official style in the show and in every other comic, its just a nice change of pace for a little bit.
    Well, there are some exceptions. Some non-Simpsons artisst draw the characters quite good, some does it okay and some just suck at it. This issue is a good example of that. The third story had awesome artwork and coloring, the first was okay or half-decent and the second just plain sucked.

  27. #447
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    I think it's a bit stupid to complain about it, considering they've used the guest artist format since 1999.

    In fact, Kiyosuki is right. It all comes down to style. In Treehouse of Horror #5, the first story to ever be done by a guest artist ("Xt'tapalatakettle's Day"), was drawn by Sergio Aragones. Five years later, in Simpsons Comics #100, he did a special two-page spread, and what do you know, the way he drew it is almost the same as how he did "Xt'tapalatakettle's Day". It's not so much the fact they don't know what to draw, it's more of the fact that they are used to their own style. Sergio Aragones is the only artist whose non-Simpsons work I have seen, and his Simpsons work does actually bear quite a resemblance to his work in Mad magazine. I finish with saying it again: it comes down to the artist's original style, and how they are comfortable with drawing the characters.

  28. #448


    any help? half the comics in here i've never seen and i'm past #122 and isn't the treehouse of horror special out on thursday?

  29. #449
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    Do you live in the UK? If so, that would explain it, because the UK is actually a year or so behind the US and Australia. UK issue #123 (I think that was the Mr. Burns Museum one) was actually US issue #109 from over a year ago. Also, the reason the US is only up to #122 and the UK is up to #124 or so is because they print the Halloween specials and Futurama crossovers as actual Simpsons Comics issues rather than a separate series like everywhere else.

    Visit this site: http://planetbongocomics.com to see all the US comics.

  30. #450
    this is some friendly Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mornington Crescent
    Posts
    8,706


    Can I ask, has #123 come out yet? Because it seems like a hell of a long time since #122 came out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •