Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2163

Thread: Simpsons Comics Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Banned
    Blog Entries

Is there a site that includes story descriptions of each comic? Not just the titles and credits?

I used to when I ran When Bongos Collide, I've been too lazy to restart the website (was supposed to a couple years ago but lost interest). It took me months to go through every issue of every series. It seems that most websites are too lazy to write their own descriptions (eg: Planet Bongo [no longer running] only had the writer and artist info, and even those were scanned directly from the comics, not typed), use the generic synopses used in the ads for the comics (eg: bongocomics.com), or are committed to more detailed information about everything else (eg: the great comic guides at snpp.com).
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    the Jonas Brothers make my gay, pedophile dick so hard.

SMF Lead Customiser Solid Snake's Avatar

Though, that said, I do have plans to try and add Charlie's old synopsis's to WOTS and update them. I just need to get the back end for it to function properly. :P

Junior Camper

Bart Simpson Out to Lunch!

It's now available! Reprints Bart Simpson 43 - 46, one story from Bart Simpson 47 and a one new page, as follows;

Bart Simpson #45 -- Bart Simpson in: Class Klown
    Bart Simpson #45 -- Naptime for Murder!
    Bart Simpson #43 -- Bart Simpson in: Saxophony!
    Bart Simpson #44 -- Jimbo Jones in: Citizen Cane
    Bart Simpson #45 -- Bart Simpson in: Dog Gone Hollywood!
    Bart Simpson #43 -- Lisa's Bad Word!
    Bart Simpson #45 -- bartspace.com
    Bart Simpson #44 -- Maggie Simpson in: Maggie's Meltdown
    Bart Simpson #44 -- Bart Simpson in: Bart's Name is Mud!
    Bart Simpson #43 -- Lisa Simpson in: Cool Rules!
    Bart Simpson #46 -- Aye, Robot!
    Bart Simpson #46 -- How Miss Hoover Got Her Groove Back
    Bart Simpson #46 -- Bart Simpson is the: Yellow Chef!
    Bart Simpson #47 -- Bart Simpson in: Split Decisions
    New Material ------- Bart Draws A Strip

ArchiveGuy

R.I.P. Marcia "Edna" Wallace! Edgar Allan Moz's Avatar

I heard that the comics are bigger overseas and there are cool prizes that come with the UK comics, is that true?

Well, I wouldn't call them cool. Rather pathetic. The gifts pratically never have anything to do with the Simpsons.

The comics are indeed bigger, and a waste of paper, the Junk Mail section is pathetic also. The "Junk Mail guy" is rude to the people who write letters, who could be kids, but the kids aren't any better always asking for the star prize letter or to find out who the "Junk Mail Guy" is.

Here's some pics I took to tell the difference in size. I used Simpsons Comics 99 which happens to be the same in both cases.

I also wrote an editorial on the comics in the UK, and how they suck: http://babysimpson.co.uk/index.php?a...ls;sa=comicsuk
    Last edited by Solid Snake; 04-12-2012 at 06:10 AM.

Wow, Gary, that was a really heartfelt and full of true dedication! You bring up a lot of GOOD points which gives me a reason to appreciate the comics here in the U.S.!

You had mentioned that the Junk Mail Guy is quite the tool, so how would you compare him to Louis Lane?

Oh, the Junk Mail guy is far worse. Some letters are openly stated to be from six year olds, yet, they still act like a douche.

I bought a few UK comics from eBay once and yeah, stay away from them like the plague. Absolutely terrible, marketed towards children instead of all ages like the original US edition. I'd honestly be embarrassed trying to buy it if that was the only option I had.

Junior Camper

Finally scored a set of Heroes Anonymous:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Absolutely terrible, marketed towards children instead of all ages like the original US edition.
    Practically, these days every magazine that isn't related to video games, isn't related to some professional area, or isn't for women is geared towards kids, regardless of subject matter.

The Simpsons being no exception. In the UK, the show is aimed at kids as well, simply because it's animated. The UK comics get censored much like the show does because of it.

People in this country are morons. Why do you think I want out?

Thanks for the heads up, fellas!

Maybe I should send an email for publishing in an issue of the US Comics with my comparison between the UK and US Comics. Similar to what Ivan did regarding the Australian issues. :P

Ivan's letter was published in US 113 and was the last until the Junk Mail section returned in US 186.

That's A Paddlin'

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    Well, I wouldn't call them cool. Rather pathetic. The gifts pratically never have anything to do with the Simpsons.

The comics are indeed bigger, and a waste of paper, the Junk Mail section is pathetic also. The "Junk Mail guy" is rude to the people who write letters, who could be kids, but the kids aren't any better always asking for the star prize letter or to find out who the "Junk Mail Guy" is.

Here's some pics I took to tell the difference in size. I used Simpsons Comics 99 which happens to be the same in both cases.

I also wrote an editorial on the comics in the UK, and how they suck: http://babysimpson.co.uk/index.php?a...ls;sa=comicsuk
    Oh god, please give us a scan of the Junk Mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake
    Ivan's letter was published in US 113 and was the last until the Junk Mail section returned in US 186.
    I feel like writing a letter to the "new" Junk Mail asking why'd they have to go and restart it, being the last published letter was the only notable thing to my name

Quote Originally Posted by yodazone View Post
    Finally scored a set of Heroes Anonymous:

Enjoy, man! I got them recently and didn't know what to expect, but in the end thought it was a brilliant series. Such a shame it was a limited run series.

Junior Camper

UK Comics

Ironic that we've reached this point, since this thread started in 2005 with a reference to how the UK comics are less than desirable. Nonetheless, I've worked to collect them, and at some point will certainly be documenting them, since at the beginning they certainly didn't follow US Comics precisely but mixed in Simpsons Illustrated items and items from different US Simpson comics. Unlike Simpsons Comics they also have been rarely documented. Of particular interest is documenting the censorship in UK comics, another theme mentioned in this thread previously. One example was mentioned previously; finding censorship is non-trivial since it effectively requires a laborious panel by panel comparison to catch everything...

ArchiveGuy

Here are somethings they should really add to the Simpsons comics reprints that were used in Simpsons Illustrated:

The Top and Bottom 40s for certain characters:

Reprinted:
    Bart's Bottom 40 from Spring 1991
    Otto's Top 40 from Summer 1991
    Lisa's Top 40 from Fall 1991
    Ned Flanders' Top 40 from Winter 1992
    Principal Skinner's Bottom 40 from Fall 1992

Not Reprinted Yet:
    Smiters' Top 40 from Spring 1992
    Barney's Top 40 from Summer 1992
    Kent Brockman's Top 40 from Winter 1993
    Apu's Bottom 40 from Summer 1993
    Itchy & Scratchy's Top 40 from Annual 1993.

Who here thinks they might reprint them?

Junior Camper

Yes, those are the ones not reprinted in the US, although they were in Simpsons Illustrated Australia and probably in Simpsons Comics UK (won't know until I finish going through them all).

I suspect they will eventually use them, either in a Library of Wisdom volume, or a Simpsons Comic reprint volume if not in a Bongo Comic first...

ArchiveGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zim999 View Post
    Here are somethings they should really add to the Simpsons comics reprints that were used in Simpsons Illustrated:

The Top and Bottom 40s for certain characters:

Reprinted:
    Bart's Bottom 40 from Spring 1991
    Otto's Top 40 from Summer 1991
    Lisa's Top 40 from Fall 1991
    Ned Flanders' Top 40 from Winter 1992
    Principal Skinner's Bottom 40 from Fall 1992

Not Reprinted Yet:
    Smiters' Top 40 from Spring 1992
    Barney's Top 40 from Summer 1992
    Kent Brockman's Top 40 from Winter 1993
    Apu's Bottom 40 from Summer 1993
    Itchy & Scratchy's Top 40 from Annual 1993.

Who here thinks they might reprint them?

Since it was requested, I'll post some examples of letters submitted to the UK version of Simpsons Comics. Formatting as seen in the comic will be retained. I'd go through all the issues I have, but I don't really have the time to. :P

From Simpsons Comics #121 UK (107 US)
    Dear Junk Mail Answering Dude,
    My name is Robert Irwin, and I really like The Simpsons comics and episodes. My favourite character is either Homer or Bart. I also have a complaint: why do yo answer some of the questions so stupidly? In one issue someone asked , "Why are The Simpsons characters yellow?" That's a good question, but your answer was, "Because if they were blue and white, they would be called Smurfs." Why not answer them properly?
    Robert Irwin, age 10, Co. Westmeath, Ireland
    What does everyone else think? Should I answer the questions properly like Flanders - I mean Robert Irwin? Or should I be silly in the true spirit of Simpsons Comics? To be honest it doesn't matter what you say - I'm going to give rude and sarcastic answers to letters anyway, but I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks.

----------------------------

From Simpsons Comics #124 UK (Treehouse of Horror #10 US)
    Dear Mr. Chicken,
    (You are a chicken because you are afraid to tell people your name)
    I have some questions:
    1. Why won't you tell anybody your real name?
    2. Why do all the Simpson family have no eyebrows?
    3. Why is Bart's name Bart?
    Brendan Collins, Co. Roscommon, Ireland

1. Well I was going to tell everyone my name but then you insulted me and hurt my feelings, so now I'm not going to. Way to ruin it for everyone, Brendan Collins! Remember, the reason that I'm not telling everyone my name is because Brendan Collins is rude. Thank you.
    2. Umm, shut your ugly face. That's why.
    3. Why is your name Brendan? What a stupid question.
    Last edited by Solid Snake; 04-17-2012 at 07:12 AM.

This guy makes Louis Lane seem like a rock star, what a douche.

That's A Paddlin'

Since it was requested, I'll post some examples of letters submitted to the UK version of Simpsons Comics. Formatting as seen in the comic will be retained. I'd go through all the issues I have, but I don't really have the time to. :P

From Simpsons Comics #121 UK (107 US)
    Dear Junk Mail Answering Dude,
    My name is Robert Irwin, and I really like The Simpsons comics and episodes. My favourite character is either Homer or Bart. I also have a complaint: why do yo answer some of the questions so stupidly? In one issue someone asked , "Why are The Simpsons characters yellow?" That's a good question, but your answer was, "Because if they were blue and white, they would be called Smurfs." Why not answer them properly?
    Robert Irwin, age 10, Co. Westmeath, Ireland
    What does everyone else think? Should I answer the questions properly like Flanders - I mean Robert Irwin? Or should I be silly in the true spirit of Simpsons Comics? To be honest it doesn't matter what you say - I'm going to give rude and sarcastic answers to letters anyway, but I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks.

----------------------------

From Simpsons Comics #124 UK (Treehouse of Horror #10 US)
    Dear Mr. Chicken,
    (You are a chicken because you are afraid to tell people your name)
    I have some questions:
    1. Why won't you tell anybody your real name?
    2. Why do all the Simpson family have no eyebrows?
    3. Why is Bart's name Bart?
    Brendan Collins, Co. Roscommon, Ireland

1. Well I was going to tell everyone my name but then you insulted me and hurt my feelings, so now I'm not going to. Way to ruin it for everyone, Brendan Collins! Remember, the reason that I'm not telling everyone my name is because Brendan Collins is rude. Thank you.
    2. Umm, shut your ugly face. That's why.
    3. Why is your name Brendan? What a stupid question.
    HOLY SHIT!!!

Now you see why I stopped.

It's clear that even ten year olds six years ago, were realising that the guy is a douche. I don't think I've actually bought a UK book since leaving college (which would the final two years of high school in the US), which was also six years ago. :P

Junior Camper

Are you actually saying it's the same guy after six years? OMG.

Now you see why I stopped.

It's clear that even ten year olds six years ago, were realising that the guy is a douche. I don't think I've actually bought a UK book since leaving college (which would the final two years of high school in the US), which was also six years ago. :P
    Here's a PREVIEW of one page from The UK Simpsons Comics Guide; it's a work in progress, and I already see some errors...

http://www.snpp.com/guides/comics_uksc00.html

As you can see they started off by reprinting heavily from [the original] Simpsons Illustrated.

ArchiveGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ArchiveGuy View Post
    Are you actually saying it's the same guy after six years? OMG.
    I don't know, but I do doubt that it's same person. But over the time I've read it, I never really saw much change. So it may have changed since, I can't say, because obviously, I will no longer buy them.
    Last edited by Solid Snake; 04-17-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Junior Camper

Just picked up Rocketeer Adventures 2 #2 from IDW today and it features a Bill Morrison drawn short story in there. Looks very "Roswell"-style-ish too. Pretty cool anthology series.

Junior Camper

4 Bongo titles in the July solicits:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori.../bongojuly.htm

I'd really like to know when Funnies is finally going to come back

That Bart cover is terrible, IMO. No offense to the guy, but it seems Jason Ho only ever really draws the same kind of poses all the time. Krabappel in particular is pretty awful on that cover.

Junior Camper

There's a teaser pic of one of the upcoming Bongo San Diego exclusives that's now posted on Bongo's facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/BongoComics

hmmm....looks very Summer Olympics centric!!!

Then I remembered this teaser panel from Funnies#7:

Maybe this is where the "Olympic Map Simpsons" by Sergio is going to be printed!

I'll take it!

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I'd really like to know when Funnies is finally going to come back
    Me too....I got used to the regular monthly release schedule it was having.

Covers #8 & 9 look great:

I was so excited to see that teaser about the Olympics!

Thread Information