• 2/5

2 0.78%
  • 1/5 (!)

7 2.75%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: R&R: Lisa's Substitute

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R: Lisa's Substitute

5/5. Runner for best episode ever. So many great moments.
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

Galalimit

Overrated but still great. 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlimit
    Overrated
    Die.

This is one of the best episodes ever. A+

6 Months Gone, Still Hated. Wasteland's Avatar

It was a good episode, and had a lot of meaningful scenes. Also, it had a guest appearence of the great Sam Etic.

THIS HAS BEEN A FILMWAYS PRESENTATION!

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is not overrated...Maybe somebody prefers other type of episode, I can understand, but this one has PERFECT characterization of Homer and Lisa. The story was also pretty good and I found it very emotional and also quite funny, but still, I understand if somebody thinks other episode is more emotional, it's evrything about taste...but even if it's not a favorite of yours, you have to recognize it's very well written. 5/5 of course. One of muy favorites, but I don't know if it's the best ever...that's pretty difficult to say.

Come on England! The lesson is never try's Avatar

5/5 just because i dont care doesnt mean i dont know, great episode.

back in black

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    Die.
    Kill me while you're at it too. Lisa's characterization was perfect, the writing was very well done, and Sam Etic was great. The only problem I have with this episode is that it didn't make me laugh as much as the ones I give 5/5's to. Definitely a very good episode, but for me it's a mere 4/5.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Classic!!! Just pure funny and heartfelt. 5/5

You are Lisa Simpson.

You are Lisa Simpson!

(and)

You are Lisa Simpson?

5/5
    zip zop zoobity bop

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

I never liked this episode, when I was watching the Simpsons, there was a stage where I seen every episode, but this one, I only saw this one around season 12, and I severly hated it. I didn't find hardly any of it funny, and it was very bland and boring for me. I was always surprised how many people like this. 1/5

click HERE if my Jesus with Guns avatar offends you (or if ya wanna get a laugh)

Stonecutter

Paul,

why can't you just except peoples opinions maybe different to yours.

Drunk Barney,

why must you comment on every post.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Up there among my favorites.

5/5

Stonecutter

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Barney
    Paul,

why can't you just except peoples opinions maybe different to yours.
    I dont and when I do it's becuase your not a accepting poeples opinions. So what's the answer to mine?

Edit: Spelling mistake changed. Is there an answer then?
    Last edited by Drunk Barney; 05-04-2005 at 08:29 AM.

Please learn how to spell "accept".

Paul, you're honestly the worst person I've met. Just because someone feels the slightest bit different about something, you feel the need to tell them to die.

Anyway, this is probably one of my favourite episodes. Solid characterisations all around, and decent jokes (loved Homer's "suggested fee" part). Good performance by Dustin Hoff--Sam Etic and some terrific emotion. Whenever I want a good cheering up after been forced to watch Saddlesore Galactica or some other piece of crap, I always pop this episode on. Great episode. A+.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters
    Paul, you're honestly the worst person I've met. Just because someone feels the slightest bit different about something, you feel the need to tell them to die.
    Why do you always feel the need to "jump into the action"? This has nothing to do with you whatsoever, it's between me and Drunk Barney. All you do is look for an excuse to insult me.

We've never met.

Why do you always feel the need to "jump into the action"? This has nothing to do with you whatsoever, it's between me and Drunk Barney. All you do is look for an excuse to insult me.
    Because, Drunk Barney's a decent guy and doesn't deserve to be insulted for making typo's and spelling errors, no matter how many he makes. Maybe if he was a retard who makes mistakes all the time, like so many in the past, but no. He just felt the need to point out that you jump to something as extreme as wishing someone would die just for having a slight difference in opinion. And then, when you're defeated, you look for the slightest thing to comeback with: his spelling mistakes. Do us all a favour and learn some social skills.

Sad that a R/R thread for such a great episode has to be ruined with this childish bickering...

Still, this has nothing to do with you. You hate me, therefore you look for any excuse to jump at me with some stupid insult. Even if I did have a valid point (which, I admit, I didn't this time round) you'd still find something to criticise because it's me. If it was anybody else you wouldn't care.

Paul, shut up and stop trying to start a fight over a message board please, get a life. K, thanks.

I'm not trying to start a fight, Butters was the one who turned this minor feud into a full argument.

You're the 20-year old who spends most of his time on a message board devoted to a cartoon show. I think you need a life, too.

This is my last responce, because I don't feel like getting into an arguement with a 14 year old, I'm not online that much, I make all my posts at once, not that often during a day. You have over 6000 posts, and all you like to do is be mean to everyone else, about everything, even so much as to point out every little spelling mistake they make. So I see a little disturbed 14 year old boy sitting alone in his room with no friends, taking it out on a message board. Get ...... a......... life.....

I'm not trying to start a fight, Butters was the one who turned this minor feud into a full argument.

You're the 20-year old who spends most of his time on a message board devoted to a cartoon show. I think you need a life, too.
    Okay, Paul. Here it goes, again. I did not turn this "minor" feud into a full argument. Saying you wish someone was dead for ranking an episode 1 point below yours can never lead to a "minor" feud. You could've left it after Drunk Barney had pointed out that you're always insult people's opinions, but you decide to come back and point out he's always commenting on other member's posts. You could've left it when Drunk Barney said that he only thinks you should stop belittling peoples opinions, but you strive to find argument and point out that he didn't spell "accept" right. I came only and ruined the thread by trying to defend Drunk Barney, who was trying to defend Silverlimit, because you're just looking for another fight. Then after all this, Clarence comes along and mentions something. You COULD OF left it at that, but no, you feel the need to blame me for you wishing Silverlimit would die. And, then, you COULD'VE left it at that, which I wouldn't bother replying to, but you go on to TRY and get a response from Clarence by calling him a "loser" for been 20 and posting here.

This thread really sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Butters
    This thread really sucks...
    Yes, it does. I won't tell anyone to die from now on, I promise. Thank you, Butters, for showing me the way.

Virgin Colada! *No Rum breadharrity's Avatar

i thought people hated this episode, well anyway always loved it from the first time i saw it (S2 DVD, what i'm not that old!) so it's a definite

5/5

Thanks for the bump, now I get to add my 5/5 vote for the best episode of Season 2 to the poll.

5/5 A+

The Simpsons really shows it's diversity and depth with this one. And more importantly, it conveys true emotion so well. Dustin Hoffman is superb makes for one of the greatest guest appearances.

Easily one of the greatest episodes ever, and It blows my mind that someone would give it a 1 out of 5. 5/5 No disrespect to whoever gave it a 1 though....

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Such a good episode, both touching and funny, especially seeing how stupid Homer can be, while at the same time seeing how much he loves his kids
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

4/5. The characterisation of Homer and Lisa is excellent,Bart's subplot is awesome - but something's still missing. Probably there's not enough humor for me.
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

Thread Information