View Poll Results: How would you rate tonight's episode?

Voters
401. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - Your fingers are so slender, so feminine.

173 43.14%
  • 4/5 - Ever seen a may say goodbye to his shoe?

132 32.92%
  • 3/5 - Not quite breakfast, not quite lunch...

59 14.71%
  • 2/5 - My butt is for sitting, not for kissing.

23 5.74%
  • 1/5 - You ever known a siren to be good?

14 3.49%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review "The Heartbroke Kid" (GABF11)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

Rate and Review "The Heartbroke Kid" (GABF11)

Tonight, 8:30/7:30C:

Quote Originally Posted by SNPP
    Bart becomes addicted to junk food when a new vending machine is installed at Springfield Elementary. His steady diet of processed foods leads to a massive weight gain and health issues. When he's unable to stick to his prescribed low-fat diet, the Simpsons stage an intervention and ship Bart off to "Serenity Ranch - A Forced Starvation Facility," headed up by former food addict Tab Spangler (guest star Albert Brooks). While Spangler tries to help Bart overcome his obsession, Homer and Marge turn their home into a hostel for German travelers in order to pay for the costly Serenity Ranch.
    preview/speculation thread.

I loved the opening credits parody, even moreso than the “The Thompsons” sequence in Cape Feare. It was the first time for a while I actually laughed out loud. It was also nice to see a return of Itchy & Scratchy although it dragged on a little. I didn’t much care for Krusty’s zipper joke, either, but I liked everybody shouting “intervention!”. Unfortunately, I only saw up to the part where Bart jumped out of the window and got caught by those fat camp guys. After downloading the episode I’ll give my final grade.

4/5
    really good. roofer was better though

LOVED IT BEST TWO EPS EVER

Stonecutter

Oh man, this is definitely the best episode of the season, even beats Future-Drama.

pretty rad

TWO FOR TWO

Can't say that this A.Brooks episode was as memorable as the other two, but for the love of God, that was fantastic. The Krusty zipper gag was the only real thing that kinda threw me off--well, that and the fact that Apu and Wolfcastle's fatness wasn't explained. But the plot flowed very well, and it was funny. Goddammit, IT WAS FUNNY.

Come on, Simpsons. Keep going.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

Like a friggin rollercoaster. From enjoyable to soul crushingly bad to transcendingly good. It all evens out at a (low) 4/5.

The revised intro was was awesome.

Galalimit

First half was amazing and the second half was boring so overall, it was average. 3/5

The first act was good...but then it all went down hill. Possibly the worst of the season.
    D

Hired Goon

this episode had a good story, but wasn't as funny as the previous episode. another funny exchange at the end of the episode though and still far from disappointing.

3.5/5...round up to 4, i'm feeling generous and happy, what with family guy returning and all.

May I just add?

EVERY SIGN IS WRONG!!!

Anyone mind helping me in who voiced that guy? He did an excellent job.

Junior Camper

I missed the entire thing because my cable was screwed up. What was the zipper joke? Also, did Bart have a heart attack and did he lose the weight?

5/5 Best Episode Of The Season!!
    I could not stop laughing!
    I loved everything about the episode, it was just a pure classic
    [SIZE=1]

The highlight of the episode was the parody of the opening song was a nice touch but would have been better if it had actually been shown over the past few seasons. The sequence in the first act when part was eating the candy.

The second act was fairly weak. Krusty for once wasn’t that funny. The milkshake festival was disappointing. It did get better at the intervention, but it still wasn’t great. Homer line about his drinking but not having time was one of the better jokes in recent years about his alcoholism.

This wasn’t a great performance from A. Brooks. The people who stayed at the fat camp were a good ides because Apu and Kent Brockman were characters who were a little chubby not really fat by Springfield’s standards. I didn’t think that there were enough scenes there. I think they should have showed Bart at his normal weight at the end of the episode.

Did anyone else think that Bart wasn’t fat enough? He just seemed as if he was only a few pounds heavier than normal.

The weaker of the two that aired tonight. B-. Unless the show really falls off a cliff the next to weeks, this will be the best season since eight.

Hired Goon

Quote Originally Posted by Spooner
    Albert Brooks, credited as A. Brooks.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Binky
    Oh man, this is definitely the best episode of the season, even beats Future-Drama.
    Ditto. About as interesting as "Sleeping with the Enemy", but twice as funny. Even the direction was awesome, especially with the "Bart on the bed throwing the Candy." I actually have the urge to rewatch this, which is something that doesn't happen much these past six seasons.

4.5/5, because I actually felt bad for bad for Bart, AND enjoyed the humor.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Loved the opening credits parody and Homer shouting to Bart to do the Bartman. I thought the plot was kind of messed up though, with the fat camp being in the last scene for a few minutes and Bart not losing the weight.

Why was Homer's line about children in the hospital changed? In an earlier ad, he said children swallow toys and get eaten by witches.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat
    Albert Brooks, credited as A. Brooks.

Much thanks.

Junior Camper

How come Bart didn't lose the weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooner
    May I just add?

EVERY SIGN IS WRONG!!!

Albert Brooks

edit- Too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Jay
    The highlight of the episode was the parody of the opening song was a nice touch but would have been better if it had actually been shown over the past few seasons. The sequence in the first act when part was eating the candy.

The second act was fairly weak. Krusty for once wasn’t that funny. The milkshake festival was disappointing. It did get better at the intervention, but it still wasn’t great. Homer line about his drinking but not having time was one of the better jokes in recent years about his alcoholism.

This wasn’t a great performance from A. Brooks. The people who stayed at the fat camp were a good ides because Apu and Kent Brockman were characters who were a little chubby not really fat by Springfield’s standards. I didn’t think that there were enough scenes there. I think they should have showed Bart at his normal weight at the end of the episode.

Did anyone else think that Bart wasn’t fat enough? He just seemed as if he was only a few pounds heavier than normal.

The weaker of the two that aired tonight. B-. Unless the show really falls off a cliff the next to weeks, this will be the best season since eight.

it looks like youy cable worked now thats great

Pin Pal

4/5

6 Months Gone, Still Hated. Wasteland's Avatar

3/5. The only thing that saved this episode was Albert Brooks.

THIS HAS BEEN A FILMWAYS PRESENTATION!

4.5/5
    i enjoyed Roofer just a bit more. i just wish they spent more time on the fat camp and less time on Homer singing. and itchy and scratchy was a bit too long, but i shouldn't complain, i was just glad to see them. the title sequence bit was crazy, i laughed so loud. and Albert Brookes just adds a whole new level to the show. i hope the rest of the end of the season can be this good

I loved everything about this. I would have to say that the highlights of the episode were the parody of the opening sequence, which had me laugh even after it was over, and all of Albert Brook's appearance! All I have left to say is 5/5, Brilliant!!

Can't Talk. Eating.

Thumbs Up

4/5. Overall, good episode. A. Brooks was funny and it was nice to see the return of Itchy & Scratchy.

Did anyone else notice that the same music when Margebot attacks Homer is used in "Homer Loves Flanders" when Homer is chasing the Flanders' car, both being Terminator references?
    Top 2 jokes:

2.Somebody had to take the babysitter home. Then I noticed she was sitting on-her-sweet-can. So I grabbed-her-sweet can. Oh, just thinking about-her-can. I just wish I had-her-sweet-sweet-s-s-sweet can!

1. Homer-Hey you $#@*, you cut me off. $#*@ to you!
    Lisa- Dad, that's an ambulance
    Homer-Right, honey. Hey ambulance! You think you're so big with your $@#^ *%$# siren. And your letters are on backwards!

Top 3 THOH Qoutes:

3. Selma as Homer runs naked across kitchen-There goes the last lingering thread of my heterosexuality.
    2. Delirious Mr. Burns-I was walking through the gas one day!
    1. Flanders-Hey, Homer, mind if I chew your ear
    (Homer shoots Flanders)
    Bart-Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders
    Homer-He was a zombie?

Hired Goon

hahah. i just remembered the opening credits parody. that was only the funniest part of the episode. rating goes up to 4/5 just for that.

This episode had brilliant animation, great visuals, a hilarious "fat" storyline, and had... Albert Brooks. I laughed out loud throughout the whole "Three Weeks Later" with fat Bart performing the task he's been doing for 16 seasons. Also, loved how they used having Albert Brooks to have Jaques have a little "ouch" or whatever it was he said when Bart went ran over his foot. Albert's whole performance was hilarious and I loved the Germans using the Simpsons' home as a youth hostile. We've just been learning about "Jugendherberges" in my German 4 class, and I laughed so hard at Homer singing 99 Luftballoons. I've probably heard that song in my German class about a hundred times and Homer nailed it. Anyway, the whole episode was superb and deffinately my favorite this season.
    Tonight's two episodes were deffinately the best of the season, followed by Futur-Drama. Can't wait for next week for ANOTHER 2 new episodes! Oh yeah

Edit- 3 words: Itchy And Scratchy

First time I literally LOL with the 3 wks later parody, it was the best, best 2 episodes of the season.

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

Pretty funny, loved the talking vending machines, the new Itchy and Scratchy (with scratchy checking off a bunch of things they've shown happen to him), the parody opening sequence, and Albert Brooks's character.

However, I found Bart's addiction to be a little absurd... can't quite put my finger on why.

4/5 - Two good episodes in one night, wow.

Thread Information