View Poll Results: How would you rate tonight's episode?

Voters
388. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - you might recognize a young Ray Romano

129 33.25%
  • 4/5

146 37.63%
  • 3/5 - they say everybody loves that guy, but I don't get it

69 17.78%
  • 2/5

26 6.70%
  • 1/5 - How about "Everybody hates Raymond"?

18 4.64%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review "Don't Fear the Roofer" (GABF10)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

Rate and Review "Don't Fear the Roofer" (GABF10)

Tonight at 8/7 C:

Quote Originally Posted by SNPP
    A storm hits Springfield, causing the Simpson roof to leak. Unable to keep a roof over his family's head, a downtrodden Homer seeks companionship at a bar called Knockers. There, he befriends a beer-loving roofer, Ray (guest voice Ray Romano), who agrees to help Homer with the repairs. When Homer's new best friend never shows up, Marge and Dr. Hibbert conclude that he's a figment of Homer's imagination and place Homer in a mental hospital. But, Homer and Ray may have the last laugh.
    preview/speculation thread.
    Last edited by Mike Scully; 05-01-2005 at 01:16 AM.

Pin Pal

4/5 Funny Good story line

5/5
    AWESOME

Galalimit

Pretty good. 4/5

A pretty good episode. I didn't like the appearance of Stephen Hawking, it just felt completely pointless. And the banter over the credits was annoying. B

The credits were gold. 4/5.
    blog - music - movies
    Peace of mind. A mellow life. Crunk music. Investing in spy equipment and communist memorabilia. Having dance contests with myself. Placing last in the local triathlon. All of these things, plus a firm belief in the Lord.

pretty funny and I love the ending 4.5/5

Hired Goon

wow, that surprised me. i didn't think it would be all that good, but actually that was really funny. animation domination is off to a good start. hawking was pointless, but I got a laugh out of the little caesars part. "pizza pizza. pizza pizza. pizza pizza."

4/5

5/5 awesome episode! longer review later, onto the Heartbroke Kid

5/5: perfect
    wow... awesome...
    the most impressed i've been by a new simpsons in years
    [SIZE=1]

Quote Originally Posted by Red Right
    The credits were gold. 4/5.
    agree

4/5 Whatever I was doing wrong in watching Future-Drama I must've corrected before this one. I enjoyed it. Let's hope the second new ep is as good.

2.5/5
    gee whiz i'm dreaming my life away

pretty rad

They're actually making this shameless plug funny. Sorry.

And a good episode all around... really well-thought out. I really like Ray Magini as a character. Ray Romano was really good as a guest star... the Stephen Hawking stuff was weird, but otherwise a very good job for an interesting premise. Reminds me of the classic mystery episodes of the early seasons (and a little bit of WSMB?) and not in a bad way.

Hopefully Albert Brooks will make this a great night with episode #2.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

Loved it Great 1st part slow second Excellent Finsh

So, it turns out my cable worked and I was able to watch this episode. Overall, I thought this episode was deserving as being hyped as the 350th and got better as it went along.

The first act was solid. The rain and roofing problems produced some good laughs and tied in the later parts of the show to the first act which has become more and more uncommon. I was surprised to the main plot kick in anywhere near the beginning of the episode. Homer as president was great and I always loved him wearing a hat like in time past.

The Homer-Ray dialogue produced some great laughs and was the best part of the episodes. The case of shingles joke while inevitable, worked better than I was expecting. Homer was almost like a little kid in this episode which was probably the writers’ intention.

Everyone thinking that Ray wasn’t a real person was a fairly interesting twist on the main plot. Homer getting electrocuted grew tiresome. The explanation of what happened to Ray wasn’t great, but no one could really expect anything else. This had the best use of Hibbert in recent years.

A-, second best episode of the season behind Mommie Beerest.

Loved it

5/5

Junior Camper

i liked it. the end of the second act was terrible though... just lazy writing. instead of writing a good joke to end the act, they just have homer roll around giggling before he falls off the roof. it's just not funny.

but again, overall it was good

It was pretty good, but the second act was a little weak.

3.5/5, but I'm not sure whether to round it up or down.

Nature's Rubix Cube

Almost perfect...4/5
    When it comes to livin', dying is the easy part.

Meh, pretty average. There were a few good jokes, but otherwise nothing great.
    C+

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eh, didn't care for it. The only joke I laughed at was the "Knockers" joke, but it was because I ate at Hooters (at the Mall of America) yesterday. More of Homer acting like a weirdo, but this time the characters were reacting differently. I also got more laughs from the Ray/Homer bit over the credits.

I voted 2/5, and the "Heartbroke Kid" was a helluva lot funnier (4.5/5) , IMO.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

6 Months Gone, Still Hated. Wasteland's Avatar

3/5. They wasted Ray Romano.

THIS HAS BEEN A FILMWAYS PRESENTATION!

Good episode. Barney reappeared, which is good. The dialogue during the credits was funny, and Homer ending by saying "3:00" was hillarious. I don't understand why Marge had to be mad at Homer for the roof problem he didn't cause. If she was going to be such a b****, she should've done it herself. Still, good episode.
    So, poor ol' Bart got the knife?

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

I thought it was pretty good. I really liked the appearance of Stephen Hawking, and the first and thirds acts were great along with the credits. However, I thought the second act seemed a bit stale, and Ray Ramano needs to get better at voice acting. Overall though, I thought it was really good. I would say a 4/5

Can't Talk. Eating.

Thumbs Up

5/5. Best episode yet this season. The credits were hilarious! No more stupid cut scenes at the end!
    Top 2 jokes:

2.Somebody had to take the babysitter home. Then I noticed she was sitting on-her-sweet-can. So I grabbed-her-sweet can. Oh, just thinking about-her-can. I just wish I had-her-sweet-sweet-s-s-sweet can!

1. Homer-Hey you $#@*, you cut me off. $#*@ to you!
    Lisa- Dad, that's an ambulance
    Homer-Right, honey. Hey ambulance! You think you're so big with your $@#^ *%$# siren. And your letters are on backwards!

Top 3 THOH Qoutes:

3. Selma as Homer runs naked across kitchen-There goes the last lingering thread of my heterosexuality.
    2. Delirious Mr. Burns-I was walking through the gas one day!
    1. Flanders-Hey, Homer, mind if I chew your ear
    (Homer shoots Flanders)
    Bart-Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders
    Homer-He was a zombie?

Ray Ramano was hilarious and I loved the Ray Magini anagram. The whole episode was hilarious and the jokes and quick wit never stopped.I love "mystery" episodes of The Simpsons and this is deffinately an episode that will be just as fantastic on a re-watch.
    Unfortunately I missed the couch gag: was it new or a previous one from the season?

Great episode!

4.75/5 (9.5/10)(A)

I missed the entire first act but what I saw was awesome. Hawking's appearence was, IMO, hilarious and was a nice way of explaining the little plot hole. The end-credit thing was probably the best joke of it's type since Cape Feare.

homerateadonut, it was a new couch gag. The living room was a jigsaw puzzle, and a person put the missing heads on each character's body. He mixed up Homer and Maggie and put their heads on the other's body, so he switched them and said "Woohoo" or something really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by E-I-E-I-Moe
    homerateadonut, it was a new couch gag. The living room was a jigsaw puzzle, and a person put the missing heads on each character's body. He mixed up Homer and Maggie and put their heads on the other's body, so he switched them and said "Woohoo" or something really funny.
    Awesome, thanks!

Thread Information