View Poll Results: How do you rate tonight's new episode?

Voters
495. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Why wasn't this hyped as the 350th episode?

211 42.63%
  • 4/5: Good, but I might need a FUTURE viewing to see if I really enjoy it. HA HA I SAID FUTURE

143 28.89%
  • 3/5: Meh. Okay, but the show should just stick to the present.

57 11.52%
  • 2/5: I miss Bender.

57 11.52%
  • 1/5: What a cruel future we live in! JANE! STOP THIS CRAZY EPISODE!

27 5.45%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review: Future-Drama (GABF12)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

pretty rad

I dunno... I just thought the Jetsony stuff in LW was better, that and the fact that it was set much farther away in the future. Maybe it would have been funny to have Lisa question a few things in the present day sequences.

Maybe I need to rewatch it... in retrospect it probably wasn't as bad. The plot was great; I just thought that the vision of the future would have been slightly more plausible.

The 'magic' line was really silly, tho. But then again, I'm just comparing this ep to LW, which was a bit more practical in its vision of the future than this one, just like how Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington was more practical of its political satire than Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington. I guess I'm just a sucker for the classics...
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomacco
    So, parodying a show which does Jetsony stuff instead of actually doing Jetsony stuff would have saved it? Perhaps they had all the Jetsony stuff to satire the Jetsony stuff in shows like Futurama?
    Futurama's intent was to satire sci-fi where the Jetsony parodies are right at home. Putting the unnatural Jetsony/Futurama spin on OFF's future might appear overly silly to some viewers.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Taking my talents to S. Beach Curtis's Avatar

Damn this episode was awesome admit it JAKE!!!!
    ¡Lee mi blog!
    Reinventing Revolution

stanford, bitches (bitches referring to the bitches at stanford, not you)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    Futurama's intent was to satire sci-fi where the Jetsony parodies are right at home. Putting the unnatural Jetsony/Futurama spin on OFF's future might appear overly silly to some viewers.
    Futurama took place 1000 years after the Jetsons, though.

Definitely one of my favourites for the past couple of seasons. Just packed with a lot of really funny jokes (and parts of it, like the alternate-futures part, had a lot of funny jokes within a few seconds). Yet it still had a story with enough emotional depth to make me care about the characters.
    Favourite parts were probably Bender's cameo, buff-Milhouse/Hulk, and all of the alternate-futures in Frink's machine (VP Cletus was really funny).

There were a bunch of seemingly throw-away jokes that while funny, also had some great social commentary: the polar bear/global warming bit, all of the different "Forbidden Zones" (including the "Smallpox Zone," something some believe might be an upcoming epidemic).

Pin Pal

4/5. I liked Milhouse character.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis the Jack Ass
    Damn this episode was awesome admit it JAKE!!!!
    Go wipe off your monitor.

Stonecutter

Like Lisa's Wedding this episode improved after the first act, but continued to fluctuate in quality. There were some funny gags, but I really wish they'd use more clever ways of revealing new events instead of just randomly bringing them up in conversations. I may change the grade later, but for now, I'll give it a B+.

P.S: The animation at the establishing shot of Homer's underground home (ending) was beautifully done. Props to the animators!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    Heh, drunk limo driver....god those animators are FAST:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ld_ride_prom_3
    Dude i live in Winter Springs FL and I know who this happened to!! Awesome national attention.

Wow, what an amazing episode. I loved every single minute of it.

A+

Stonecutter

5/5, probably the best episode so far for this season. The Bender cameo was a really nice surprise.

scissors on his fuckin head That Jerk's Avatar

One word to describe this episode - DARK. Wow, i have never seen these writers have at it with the characters so much. Suicide, high school pregnancies, homo-syrum, and not to mention the most desperate creepy characterization of Milhouse yet. So many gags were just plain.. evil, haha. And it all worked, it was such a fresh take on the future thing. The only thing i didn't like was maybe "too much" crazy future. That "ever since they invented magic" explanation was hilarious, but there were still one or two times where i went "come on, it's only been EIGHT years!" Also the Bender cameo felt tacked on. The humor was basically in "hey, it's Bender!", (and come on, we all expected him to show up somewhere) but what he said wasn't really funny at all. Also i don't quite understand what they were supposed to be telling us by having Homer break him into pieces.
    Despite that, it was a great plot, really great humor, and tons of memorable gags. Can't wait to watch this one again.
    fav gags off the top of my head
    - no ones gay for moleman
    - Frink expecting Bart and Lisa (and maggie)
    - three eyed whale
    - VP CLETUS!
    - The Larry Davis iPod experience
    - The return of Martin's robot (C.H.U.M.?)
    - Three hour decompression
    - tons and tons more hilarious episode all the way through (4/5)
    Last edited by That Jerk; 04-17-2005 at 05:20 PM.

seeing bender made me miss him, but wasnt he burried in the desert somewhere during that time.

Really, really, great episode. One of the best of season 16 if not the best. From just seeing the promo for this, I could tell it was going to be good. I loved Bender's appearance and the whole episode was all-around funny and witty. Also, in the same season we find out about where Nelson's dad went, we see Nelson doing the same thing...
    Anyway, Futur-Drama was awesome.
    5/5
    [SIZE=1]

Solid episode. The Couch Gag was hilarious (I wonder if it came from the fact that they are making a Transformers movie) and the Smither's straight-shot gag was a hilarious idea also.

Sorry to break up the love-in, but this episode was average at best. This show takes place EIGHT YEARS into the future, and meanwhile the technology is at Futurama-level, and some characters look like they aged more than a decade (Apu comes to mind). Half of this show was just future jokes, which I expected, and once again, compared to "Lisa's Wedding," this does not come close at ALL. But still, there were some funny moments (Snake's laser/cell phone, Bender's cameo, the decompression chamber, Smithers, before "I love boobies!") and it did keep my interest, I suppose. But it's nowhere near what you guys say it is. You people get amused too easily, I believe.
    Grade: 3/5

it's so very refreshing to just sit on the couch and thoroughly enjoy an episode without having to say, "it was all good except for these couple of things:.

during each commercial break i was so happy with how the show was going and i was just hoping that the rest of the episode wouldn't go down in quality. luckily for me it never did.

i would share my favourite jokes but there were far too many. i'm glad that i finally got the stand-out best episode of the season (at least so far) that i felt we were lacking up to this point

Quote Originally Posted by Mira
    That doesn't mean anything really... Bart to the Future is one of the worst episodes ever.
    Finally, someone who agrees with me.

Anyway, excellent episode, and one of the better ones of the season. A huge amount of laugh out loud jokes. Only thing I didn't like was that Bart in every scene taking place in the present was a complete jerk. He just seemed kind of out of character, but other than that and a couple other little things, great episode. 5/5

I don't think anyone has mentioned - the voices WERE deepened just a tad! Really, just another example of the future done right.

(God, this just really stresses how terrible "Bart to the Future" was.)

Also, 'Mars Bar' was missing in action, was it not?
    Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnCartoonGuy
    You people get amused too easily, I believe.
    I believe everyone has the right to be amused by whatever amuses them, simple as that. you do make good points though

Wow! 50% ranked this episode as perfect! And 81% ranked 4-5/5! How often do we get THAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj
    Wow! 50% ranked this episode as perfect! And 81% ranked 4-5/5! How often do we get THAT?
    Last season somebody was compiling the poll votes, and doing "fresh" and "rotten" classifications for the episodes as they went. I did an overall percentage ranking in season 14 during its run. Has anyone stepped up this season yet?

Stonecutter

It was. I didn't even notice until you mentioned it.

6 Months Gone, Still Hated. Wasteland's Avatar

Yeah. Does anybody out there know what that was about?

THIS HAS BEEN A FILMWAYS PRESENTATION!

back in black

Quote Originally Posted by Valhum
    agree, BEST EPISODE THIS SEASON
    Add me to the agreements list. The only Season 16 episode so far I've given a 5/5 to. It's less farfetched than either of the previous two flashfowards, and it kept me entertained throughout (though I did miss part at the beginning). Good use of future/present relations, too. As a matter of fact, this may be the best new episode I will ever see from this day forward.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

the ghost of troubled Joe AllSussedOut's Avatar

the best throwaway was easily "stupid flounders"

6.71 / 7.36

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis the Jack Ass
    seeing bender made me miss him, but wasnt he burried in the desert somewhere during that time.
    Good God, don't take that so seriously....

click HERE if my Jesus with Guns avatar offends you (or if ya wanna get a laugh)

Junior Camper

Perhaps one of the top 3 episodes in the past 5 years. Absolutely terrific 5/5

Junior Camper

Stupid flounders had me cracking up.

5/5.

I also loved Anoop calling Bart a racist cracker.

Thread Information