View Poll Results: How do you rate tonight's new episode?

Voters
530. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Why wasn't this hyped as the 350th episode?

231 43.58%
  • 4/5: Good, but I might need a FUTURE viewing to see if I really enjoy it. HA HA I SAID FUTURE

151 28.49%
  • 3/5: Meh. Okay, but the show should just stick to the present.

62 11.70%
  • 2/5: I miss Bender.

58 10.94%
  • 1/5: What a cruel future we live in! JANE! STOP THIS CRAZY EPISODE!

28 5.28%
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review: Future-Drama (GABF12)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

pretty rad

Rate/Review: Future-Drama (GABF12)

Quote Originally Posted by SNPP
    Bart and Lisa, with a little help from Professor Frink, get a look eight years into their future, where Bart and Lisa (who is about to receive a scholarship to Yale...who's that muscular kid she's with - what do you mean,that's Milhouse?), are about to graduate from high school together...and does 9-year-old Maggie have anything to say?
    and
    When Professor Frink uses an astrology machine to ease the constant bickering between Bart and Lisa, they are given a sneak-peek into their final days of high school. In this future view, Marge and Homer are separated, Lisa is dating a muscular Milhouse and Bart is dating the girl of his dreams, Jenda, guest-voiced by Amy Poehler. Much to their disappointment, both the relationships quickly flounder. In hopes of winning Jenda back, Bart takes a job at a Kwik-E-Mart, where he becomes the local hero after saving Mr. Burns from a robber. His reward is a scholarship to Yale that was initially intended for Lisa. Bart's deeper look into the future causes him to have a change of heart, ultimately affecting his present-day sibling rivalry for the better.
    Amy Poehler is in this. Therefore, good, right?

We'll see. Thread opens when this thing ends on the El Kabong Coast.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

Amazing episode. 5/5

The animation was great, Homer and Marge's voices were less annoying than usual, and the Ipod and cellphone jokes had me cracking up.

5/5 Great episode, IMO best in the past 5 seasons. I loved the Bender cameo. This episode kept my attention the whole way through and it was very funny.
    King of the Hill
    Beavis and Butthead
    The Artist Formally Known As Michael Bolton

My DVD List at DVD Aficionado
    Record List
    Best Simpsons Episode Ever = Lemon of Troy

4/5. Loved the Futurama gag, and there was a plot to drag you into the whole thing. I just loved how everything flowed. Problems were applenty which drew my attenion for the whole 22 minutes.
    blog - music - movies
    Peace of mind. A mellow life. Crunk music. Investing in spy equipment and communist memorabilia. Having dance contests with myself. Placing last in the local triathlon. All of these things, plus a firm belief in the Lord.

I thought it was nice and cute. They didn't try to portrait this wacky future, well, kinda
    Loved the 51st state, Saudi Isralia or something like that

4/5, might need another watch.

Now with More Testicles. do what donny dont does's Avatar

5/5
    Now this is how all whacky, far-out episodes should be.

6 Months Gone, Still Hated. Wasteland's Avatar

5/5. Greatest episode this season.

I knew Frink would eventually hang himself

Did everyone catch the Bender cameo?

THIS HAS BEEN A FILMWAYS PRESENTATION!

stanford, bitches (bitches referring to the bitches at stanford, not you)

did anyone see eric in the background of that one scene? go rewatch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wastelandsw
    5/5. Greatest episode this season.

I knew Frink would eventually hang himself

agree, BEST EPISODE THIS SEASON

Homer finally got his wish, to live under the sea!

Galalimit

It was even better than Lisa's Wedding. I LOVED EVERY SECOND! 5/5 plus an extra 100 bonus points.

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

I thought Mike Skully already made this thread.

4/5 Mostly good, kind of wacky though..... kind of REALLY wacky, man I'm sure the writers are on something to come up with flying clams and etc. Over all really good I think.

click HERE if my Jesus with Guns avatar offends you (or if ya wanna get a laugh)

5/5

Solid plot, great jokes, and John Di Maggio as Bender. This is my favorite episode this season.

Curse those handsome devils

It's like Bart to the Future, only much better. 5/5.

5/5. Great episode. Lots of funny jokes, like Wiggum offering Bart chicken, Bart proposing to Jenda (it was funny to me because they didn't even graduate and he already wanted to get married), Bender in the car, Bart telling Burns to give him the diamond, and other things I can't remember.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

By the end of the first act, I was thinking "yeah, I can see this being a lot of the same old 'look it's the future!' jokes", but by the end of the episode I was totally into it. Truthfully, if "Lisa's Wedding" (and I guess if ..sigh.."Bart to the Future") was never made, I might call this an all-time classic. Yep, wacky and insane future jokes, but like "Lisa's Wedding", everything works when a strong plot is incorporated.
    Signature.

4/5, I liked it... even though they did go way too far with a lot of those "Look at this wacky and crazy future world" jokes, still a lot of it was pretty funny and made up for it. I loved "You're gay for Moleman", Flander's Revenge, Bender's Appearance, Milhouse acting like The Hulk and Lenny & Carl at the end. And I liked Jenda. It would have been perfect if they just got rid of some of the Ultra technology which got pretty annoying after a while. The police suits with ovens were a perfect example... that was just stupid.

Snootchie Bootchies! Kamp Krusty Kamper's Avatar

5/5 Toped Bart to the Future, but could never top Lisa's Wedding.

What episode was it that Homer wanted to live under the sea, and Marge said something like"Live under the sea, live under the sea, that's youre solution to everything, well it's not gonna happen!"

I absolutely loved it! Great plot, charmingly written, and truly hilarious. Best of the season. I especially loved DiMaggio guest starring as Bender.

5/5

Galalimit

Did anyone realize that this is the first episode in the entire show's history that Marge and Homer don't appear at all. The flash forward scenes don't count since it's not real time.

Junior Camper

That was with out a doubt the best Simpsons of the past ten years. Funny throuout.
    Funniest second act break and bart choke ever. Cant say enough Otto, Ralph, even the guest star Jenda was well used. The Police were a little weird but had some funny lines. 6 out of 5 Frink was classic and the two Moe's and how could I forget Chalmers in the wheel chair. Oh and Bender lives!!!

4/5 - An average episode that didn't bother me or made me laugh that much. I was really excited at the end when they had the future machine in the future. They should have played with it with paradoxes. I liked the future versions of the characters. They just had to tantalize us with Maggie. Characterizations and references to past episodes were appreciated.

Liked the Bender reference.
    Wicked.

5/5- whacky episode haha. I loved the part where they showed Ned stabbing Homer when looking at the other parts of the future.

Get your weapons ready! Icedragon's Avatar

5/5 One of the best of the season

6 Months Gone, Still Hated. Wasteland's Avatar

Forgot to mention Vice-President Cletus

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Krusty
    5/5 Toped Bart to the Future, but could never top Lisa's Wedding.
    That doesn't mean anything really... Bart to the Future is one of the worst episodes ever.

Quote Originally Posted by do what donny dont does
    What episode was it that Homer wanted to live under the sea, and Marge said something like"Live under the sea, live under the sea, that's youre solution to everything, well it's not gonna happen!"
    "Homer Badman"

This is probably the best of the season and of the Jean Era. There were more belly laughs than there have been in a long time. The plot was solid and the subplot was pretty good as well. Most of the jokes about the future were great and I'm glad that they went in a different direction with the jokes than they did in Lisa's Wedding. Jenda was a better character than any of the other “love interests” for Bart. I just wish that they had a somewhat more optimistic future for Bart.

One problem that I've had with this episode and They Way We Weren't is that they weren't set a specific time.

thanks tomacco

Thread Information