• 2/5

6 5.26%
  • 1/5

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review - A Fish Called Selma

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate/Review - A Fish Called Selma

Another rarely mentioned episode around here (I think), and I thought it was a really good one. The star of the show was obviously Phil Hartman, who pulled off a great performance as Troy McClure. 4/5.

5/5 i loved this episode, i saw it last week for the first time in a long while. what season is this from?

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Its a season 7 episode
    its an A/A+ episode for me great satire great pairing of Selma and Troy Mclure.

3/5. Not that big a fan, but it does have several good moments.
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

Brilliant episode 9/10, and it has one of my all time favourite scenes, Planet of the Apes....the musical!!!!

Pretty, pretty, pretty good. California Prunes's Avatar

Season 7's most underrated. Great satire on Troy and Selma's marriage (as H_T already pointed out) and The Planet Of The Apes musical was one of the funniest scenes ever. You just cannot beat break dancing monkeys. A+
    DVD Season Rankings - 7, 6, 4, 2, 3, 5, 8, 1

Galalimit

Hiliarious. 5/5

I remember not liking this one when I first saw it (this was around 2000). Now I have no idea why. Charming character writing, hilarious Troy lines all the way through, great "Planet of the Apes" song, and a fantastic satire of celebrity culture. Anyone who's spent even a penny on "People" magazine before needs to watch this episode. A

3 years late, but meh! simplysimpsons's Avatar

Good episode, but I wish it had OFF in it a little more. Despite this some brilliant moments, including the setup to the plot and the Planet of the Apes musical. B, 4/5

A tribute to Bart Simpson

You think THAT's bad? What about that time when I was turned into a Tetris block?

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

4.5/5 really good.

click HERE if my Jesus with Guns avatar offends you (or if ya wanna get a laugh)

I loved this episode. There was some great satire and I still find the fish fetish one of the funniest ideas ever on the show. This is also the perfect example of how great Homer is when he isn't the center of the plot. Nearly everything that he says is funny. A

3.5/5
    gee whiz i'm dreaming my life away

Can't Talk. Eating.

Thumbs Up

4/5. I thought it was a good episode but I thought it was a little rushed with all the requirements Troy needed to get his roll so they could get the conflict rolling after all the time there was none.
    Top 2 jokes:

2.Somebody had to take the babysitter home. Then I noticed she was sitting on-her-sweet-can. So I grabbed-her-sweet can. Oh, just thinking about-her-can. I just wish I had-her-sweet-sweet-s-s-sweet can!

1. Homer-Hey you $#@*, you cut me off. $#*@ to you!
    Lisa- Dad, that's an ambulance
    Homer-Right, honey. Hey ambulance! You think you're so big with your $@#^ *%$# siren. And your letters are on backwards!

Top 3 THOH Qoutes:

3. Selma as Homer runs naked across kitchen-There goes the last lingering thread of my heterosexuality.
    2. Delirious Mr. Burns-I was walking through the gas one day!
    1. Flanders-Hey, Homer, mind if I chew your ear
    (Homer shoots Flanders)
    Bart-Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders
    Homer-He was a zombie?

Dr. Bartley

5/5 Very Funny Indeed

It has it's moments, mainly Phil Hartman was at his best. But something always made me a little dissapointed when this episode came on, I don't know what it was.

3/5

Now with More Testicles. do what donny dont does's Avatar

my rate and review poll of this episode had much more kick-ass voting options.

And now......Outta my way, Jerkass!

Crotis Jivefunk

Quote Originally Posted by DotheBartman
    I remember not liking this one when I first saw it (this was around 2000). Now I have no idea why. Charming character writing, hilarious Troy lines all the way through, great "Planet of the Apes" song, and a fantastic satire of celebrity culture. Anyone who's spent even a penny on "People" magazine before needs to watch this episode. A
    I agree with this. I think it deserves an award for most underrated episode of season 7.

Stonecutter

Not a huge fan of it. It's good but not by Season 7's standards. A few things I didn't like were Homer not stepping in when RL said is there any reasons why they should not marry. Also I would of liked to see Marge step in towards the end, did she give in?. A few other things but the main thing which lowered the grade was the fact I found it quite dull in places. Nonetheless an excellent appearence from TM with some really funny lines.

Overall- a bit dull, but very funny with a good appearence by Troy McClure.

B 4/5
    Last edited by Drunk Barney; 04-24-2005 at 04:20 AM.

Pin Pal

A great episode. 5/5

No wonder he won Minnesota. Sarcastic Guy II's Avatar

5/5

A flawless episode that humanizes Troy and Selma so well. Troy is still an asshole at the end, but we understand him a little more, and we get to see why he's so washed up.
    I was saying "Boo-urns."

Season 19 Ratings:
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - A
    The Homer of Seville - C+
    Midnight Towboy - A+
    I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - A

Blog Entries

one of the rare episodes that have focus on two secondary characters in the main stage i guess (although there were some involvements from homer and marge), which makes the episode itself rather refreshing and different. first off, the plotline of the episode, especially on wrongdoings of troy, heavily satirizes on the celebrity lives and the ways that one would do to promote their image as fresh as possible. i think it was very satirized well through his actions (ot being fond of selma in his private sense, yet trying to look as lovely as possible in front of public, for example), which some of them converted into the flow of the overall plot of the episode. being able to live with many comfort yet having to accept the fact that it was a sham marriage... i think, is also a big challenge for selma's character since marriage itself and being with her significant other are things that she wanted yet it is sham and once she had to ditch him, she also had to ditch the prestigiousness of being one of the most talked celebrity. it was good that she gained her conscience in the time of big decision, methinks. i do not think the episode really had much of humor, but several scenes were memorable (planet of the apes musical, for example) it was not a gagfest, but it held on to its own. A-/A
    calmer than you are

It has my favorite character (troy) and my favorite car (delorean), whats not to like?
    A+

i'm not a big fan of Troy McClure, but still a good solid episode for me too. One of my favorite scenes is the one with the Planet of the Apes musical. Also nice to see an episode about secondary characters.

3.5/5

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away ..."

Blog Entries

My favorite S7 episode, Phil Hartman turns in a great performance as Troy McClure
    RIP

5/5, A+
    Living In a Rock and Roll Fantasy--my music review blog
    Most recent review--The Who's My Generation (12/15)

It Was the Blurst of Times clortho's Avatar

Troy McClure is one of my favorite characters, no doubt, so it was nice to see him in the "everyday life" role. Solid 5/5.

for the most part, troy mcclures spotlight really made this episode enjoyable. phil hartman does so great at the character voices, just listening to his characters is funny enough. slow at parts, but some really good jokes in here, middle-of-the-pack of Season 7

B+

Blog Entries

It was a great episode, not one of the standouts of its season for me, but still great. I've always laughed at how Troy's face wrinkles up while fighting Kermit.

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

5/5 a classic episode from a classic season from a classic show

Has glower power Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't understand what they mean with the fish. What's going on?

Thread Information