View Poll Results: How do you rate tonight's episode? (Tonight, we rate by the seven beers in question)

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • (5/5) 7 Yuenglings

76 23.10%
  • (4/5) 7 Leinenkugels

109 33.13%
  • (3/5) 7 Budweisers

85 25.84%
  • (2/5) 7 Coors Lights

42 12.77%
  • (1/5) 7 Natty Ices

17 5.17%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review: The Seven-Beer Snitch (GABF08)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

pretty rad

Rate/Review: The Seven-Beer Snitch (GABF08)

SNPP sez:
    Marge convinces Springfield to build a concert hall in order to show the rest of the world (well, Shelbyville, anyway) that Springfield is not just some backwater town
    Thread opens once the episode ends on the East Coast, where guitar-smashings are frequently carried out in my name by certain members. I appreciate that.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

Not bad. 4/5

run BACK to your FANTASY Hootie Mcboobity's Avatar

3.5/5... solid episode. not the greatest, but I didn't expect much better.
    And now, for our feature presentation..

Horrible. 1/5

Junior Camper

uh...

it got better as it went on, but Mobile Homer was definitely better than this one

2.5/5 or 3/5, I actually thought this episode was going to be great. Egh, I was wrong. It got boring at parts.

Hired Goon

flipping back and forth between this and the sox/yanks game, but what I saw looked to be just another ho-hum, run of the mill episode. I could give it another viewing, but that would require effort.

3/5

pretty rad

Pretty good, not special, went along well, a few funny moments. I really liked the subplot until the end, which didn't really exist. Would have been funny that the cat having a double life would have to do with the fact that this Snowball II isn't the original, but hey, whatever.

4/5. More comments later.
    blog - music - movies
    Peace of mind. A mellow life. Crunk music. Investing in spy equipment and communist memorabilia. Having dance contests with myself. Placing last in the local triathlon. All of these things, plus a firm belief in the Lord.

I loved it. You know me, I don't review episodes well, but I damn certainly liked it. 5/5

Very full episode. With so much going on throughout the A story, I'm surprised they even fit in the little B story, which was simple, yet enjoyable (and definitely gave Bart and Lisa something to do). Good appearances by secondary characters, such as Snake, Burns, Fat Tony & co., Otto, and Tatum.

The one thing that lost me a little was the notion that the prison itself was inherently evil, and that the cons inside were innocent. I didn't quite follow that. Didn't like the hooting joke at all either (I suspect maybe 5% of people here actually did). That's about it.

4/5
    Signature.

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

It seemed more stable of a plot, but all the jokes felt flat and just plain wern't funny.

2/5

click HERE if my Jesus with Guns avatar offends you (or if ya wanna get a laugh)

I really don't feel like writing a fairly long review so I'll just say this. This wasn't that good of an episode, but it wasn't that bad either. The plot wasn't that good, and subplot wasn't completed. There was enough humor but this is one of the worst episodes of the season. C

Wow, I thought everyone would like this one a lot. I thought the animation was great and it was entertaining. It was nice to not have a "Homer gets injured" gag and a subplot with the kids. I don't give number ratings for episodes, so I'll just say I liked it.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

I thought it was a good episode. 4/5

This episode had great story structure, but it was low on laughs. The main plot would've been perfect if they found a way to wrap-around Springfield's problem with being labeled a hick town. Living in a third-rate city myself, I can totally relate to Springfield's identity crisis.

The sub-plot could've been better if it had a definite comclusion. The thing with Snowball II is that this is still the replacement cat from when the real SBII died last season, so it doesn't surprise me that the cat has another family. At first, I thought SBII was pregnant, but the real reason why Bart and Lisa were trying to retrieve their fat cat was self-explanatory.

Also, I didn't quite get the ending. Maybe because I missed Homer's excuse for going out into the night.

"Seven Beer Snitch" was just an okay episode. It had wonderful storytelling style, but the dry jokes and wandering conclusions prevents this from being a great episode.

4/5

4/5

i don't understand what people think is wrong here, but it's there opinion. i thoroughly enjoyed the subplot, and every word that came out of mr. burn's mouth. i was kept entertained the whole episode. i don't mind if the snowball II situation wasn't solved, left the door open for that excellent last five seconds of the episode, which has been the weak spot as of late

i however, could have done without frank gehry, and the hoots

Galalimit

A good episode, just abit boring at times but overall, a solid effort. 4/5

The best part was Otto's urine. There was nothing about it I really loved, but then there was nothing I hated either. The plot was ok, but the subplot was pretty meh. Overall it wasn't impressive, but it definetly had it's funny moments.

Oh yeah, and that hooting kinda sucked, it confused me.

3.5/5 (voted 3/5)
    Last edited by Mira; 04-03-2005 at 04:56 PM.

scissors on his fuckin head That Jerk's Avatar

Lots of great gags and use of characters. Sloppy storywriting was the only thing holding it back.
    - I love stories that involve Shelbyville. That town rivalry is a great dynamic.
    - Moe at the culture club "Why do you even come here?"
    - Why wasn't was Arnie Pie in the chopper?
    - Loved how all the prisoners were gassed by not being in the gas chamber.

6 Months Gone, Still Hated. Wasteland's Avatar

I see the light, and it burns!!!!

Was quite a good episode. I am glad to see the seasonal appearence of Charles Napier. Tell me, Homer with the hat, doesn't he look a lot like Zippy The Pinhead. I still have hope for this seaon.

SMILE LIKE YOU HAVE A MENTAL DISEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (not a simpsons quote. please excuse my blasphamy)

Junior Camper

Liked what I sa of it, they used the couch gag from the DVD set, what's with that?
    Funny, but need to watch again also was watching the Yankees Game.

what was the couch gag? i missed it

I missed most of the first act and tuned in when Snowball was laying on Homer's pants and such. I probably laughed about 4 times.

I'll give it a 6/10, which is average on my scale.

Terrible. Really awful. 1/5

Far better than last week's episode. Interesting A and B stories - though both were a little unconventional, they still worked pretty well. Nice to see Shelbyville again. Frank Gehry had a pretty small part, but he made the best of it (especially liked his "inspiration" for the prison). Interesting to see Homer actually not get a job right away for once. I suspect most of this episode's plot was an "Oz" parody or something like that, but even if it wasn't, I still enjoyed it. Further proof that Fat Tony makes anything funny - the scene where the prisoners all discuss their slang terms was genius. And the little subplot was interesting too - I thought for sure Snowball II was going to end up being pregnant, but they took it in a funnier direction, especially with Bart's scenes (Apronboobsface and Shoes Buttback was especially funny). My only gripe with the B story was that it didn't really have a conclusion. But in all, a good episode - not too standoutish, but not boring either.

4/5

Nineteen-Ninety-Something
    A webcomic about my favorite decade
    and the characters who made it interesting

Junior Camper

I thought it would turn out that Snowball was pregnant.

No wonder he won Minnesota. Sarcastic Guy II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbath & Beyond
    it got better as it went on, but Mobile Homer was definitely better than this one
    Good thinking B&B. You should post here more often.

It was alright. There was nothing offensively bad, but there was nothing really memorable.

Didn't Springfielders hate Shelbyvillians in Lemon of Troy? Why would the family go sightseeing one town over? The Snowball II subplot was pretty worthless, and the end really didn't make much sense. Snowball II was getting fat due to late-night romps at Moes?

Very subpar for the season so far, but I went with a 3/5 due to some good Burns and scattered decent moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira
    Oh yeah, and that hooting kinda sucked, it confused me.
    I think that might have been a throwback to Sideshow Bob Roberts, in which Larry King mediates a debate between Sideshow Bob and Mayor Quimby.

Larry King: Even though we're being broadcast on ...FOX, there's no need for obnoxious hooting and hollering.
    I was saying "Boo-urns."

Season 19 Ratings:
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - A
    The Homer of Seville - C+
    Midnight Towboy - A+
    I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - A

Crotis Jivefunk

That was awesome. No way was the plot reminiscent of Homer Vs. Dignity or Simple Simpson. The plot got rolling along quickly and there was little to no filler material. Good to see Fat Tony Again and Snowball II seems to have at least one episode per season where she has some relevance. The Hoot joking and the last couple minutes are the only complaints. Second best of the season. A/A-

Quote Originally Posted by st3vo
    what was the couch gag? i missed it
    The couch slowly turning over an open fire, like rotisserie chicken, which I believe they first used on the season 3 dvd somewhere.

I thought the episode was good. Great to see Fat Tony and Shelbyville again, and I thought the guest star was a cool bit. Having seen "Marge Vs. The Monorail" just earlier today, I saw how similar the whole "Springfield invests in something it doesn't need" and "town hall shouting out random things, Mr. Burns offering assistance" etc. Oh well, that's probably why I liked the episode. (and the ending)
    4.5/5
    [SIZE=1]

Thread Information