• 2/5

14 11.02%
  • 1/5

6 4.72%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R&R: Pygmoelian

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R: Pygmoelian

4/5. Surprisingly good for an S11 episode.
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

I didn't like this very much, seemed a little dull, Homer was a jerkass, and the ending was awful. 2/5.

Terrible.

1/5

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

Meh, I'll give it a 3/5 so so. I simply loved the duff man joke with the sticker.

"Duff Man can't breathe! Oh NO!"

click HERE if my Jesus with Guns avatar offends you (or if ya wanna get a laugh)

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless
    4/5. Surprisingly good for an S11 episode.
    ditto, I quite liked it. Bad ending, but the rest is great.

Crotis Jivefunk

Ending aside, this episode is very refreshing. They fleshed out Moe's acting career, last mentioned in season seven. Moe's characterization was all right here, as opposed to Dumbell Indemnity and Homer the Moe. This episode reminds me of Days of Wine and D'ohses. A friend of Homer has a problem, they get it fixed, their life is better, and there's a Bart and Lisa plot. B/B-

This is a solid episode. Nothing is particularly memorable, which is a positive for the Scully years. There were great lines throughout and Moe had some of his best characterization.

i saw this about a week ago and i wanted to make a thread like this but i didn't know the episode title so i couldn't... i like stories

i really enjoyed what i saw 4/5. i actually laugh at the quick-cut ending so i have no problem with it. my love for this episode is mainly due to the fact that since there is a lack of quality afternoon TV programs i'll sometimes watch soap operas with my sister, so i can fully appreciate the satire. don't make a thing about it lol

I can't see what's so great about this episode. It shows triats that you all know and hate from other Scully episodes. Jerkass Homer (smashing windows, pouring gas), Inane sub-plot (if you can even call that 2 minute filler a subplot) and lame ending. 2/5.

Moe: "As a child, I was bitten by the acting bug. Then it burrowed under my skin and laid eggs in my heart. Now, those eggs are hatching and the feeling is indescribable."
    Homer: "I know what you mean. Our dog had that."

Galalimit

It was average at most. 3/5

No wonder he won Minnesota. Sarcastic Guy II's Avatar

2/5, not too good. Just...not.
    I was saying "Boo-urns."

Season 19 Ratings:
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - A
    The Homer of Seville - C+
    Midnight Towboy - A+
    I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - A

8/10, i thought it was very funny.

back in black

One of the few episodes where what is usually considered to be awful for fans actually works. But nothing's really a highlight in this episode, either. I'd say it's a little above average for season 11, a little below average overall, and I'll give it 3/5.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

"Gabriella's baby shower will be invaded by terrorists, with sexy results".

This is pretty underrated. I just saw it and it's one of the best main plots of the post-classic era IMO. Nothing made me laugh, but most of it was nice (which is more than can be sad for over half of the post-classics), apart from a couple cringe worthy jokes like Homer getting turned on and the wowwipops. The plot progressed nicely and easily. Moe had very good characterization. I liked the soap satire. The ending sucked though -- they use that "don't make sense" thing too much, thinking if the character says it then it'll be funny instead of highlighting their laziness and inability to end episodes properly anymore. Oh yeah, and WTF was the point in the balloon story? It just...ended.

C+ overall. The best S11 episode I've seen.
    "Evolution is silly," AJ adds. "Monkeys? Um, no."

i really like this episode. Moe is one of my favorite characters and great to see him in a leading role.
    The story is little bit far fetched, but funny and entertaining.

4/5

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

4/5

Very funny, one of the top 3 of season 11. Homer and Moe together in the Scully era was a great combination. The ending was one of those moments that takes away from an otherwise good episode but somehow it's mildly amusing to me.

Edit: Oh poo, this episode had that balloon subplot didn't it. Probably the most inane waste of time ever on the Simpsons. Since it was very short from what I remember, I won't take too much off. 3.5/5
    Last edited by Green_Peaness; 03-11-2008 at 10:15 AM.
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

4/5, one of my favourite episodes of Season 11.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Shiny Happy Fits Of Rage Whip-Smart's Avatar

Has funny moments and as a fan of Moe it’s nice to see him front another episode. C+
    1: B+ 2: A 3: A 4: A+ 5: A+ 6: A+ 7: A+ 8: A 9: A- 10: C+ 11: B- 12: B 13: B 14: C- 15: D 16: D- 17: D+ 18: C 19: C+ 20: B-
    Homer the Whopper: D / Bart Gets a "Z": C / The Great Wife Hope: C- / Treehouse of Horror XX: B The Devil Wears Nada: D- / Pranks and Greens: C+ / Rednecks and Broomsticks: C+ / Brother, Where Bart Thou?: B-/ Thursdays with Abie: C / Once Upon a Time in Springfield: D / Million Dollar Maybe: D / Boy Meets Curl: D+ / The Color Yellow: D / Postcards from the Wedge: C / Stealing First Base: D / The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed: C / American History X-cellent: C / Chief of Hearts: C+ / The Squirt and the Whale: D / Surveil With Love C-

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

4/5 one of the best of season 11. It featured Moe and that always makes me happy.

the original Sex Pistol

It was average compared to the whole run of the show, but surprisingly good for a s11-episode. It's a B-, and after Guess who..... and Behind the Laughter the #3 of season 11.

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty funny and fun. I loved most everything, except the "subplot" of Bart and Lisa and the balloon. The ending didn't bother me too much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mail.the.simpsonslover View Post
    Pretty funny and fun. I loved most everything, except the "subplot" of Bart and Lisa and the balloon. The ending didn't bother me too much.
    I agree. I would give it an A-.

I got the script here:

Moe gets plastic surgery , then his face gets fucked up again.He goes back to being ugly.
    The end F

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MOLAHIZZON View Post
    I got the script here:

Moe gets plastic surgery , then his face gets fucked up again.He goes back to being ugly.
    The end F

gee, with that attitude, you could make basically any episode sound bad

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

Quite good, it had some nice jokes along with a great storyline, the sub-plot was a little dull but even the greatest episodes sometimes have crappy sub-plots. 2nd best of the season behind "Guess who's coming..." It's fantastic for a season 11 episode and it's a rather good episode compared to the actual series.

Bravo! 4.5/5
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

There were some funny moments, mostly related to beer in some way. I wasn't a huge fan of the plastic surgery plotline but it'd have to be a strong 3/5 I imagine.

Has glower power Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Borderline 5/5. The main plot is ingenious, but the subplot is just AWFUL.

Good but not great episode. It had decent humor and plot. And I think the sub-plot was alright. B-, 3/5

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mail.the.simpsonslover View Post
    gee, with that attitude, you could make basically any episode sound bad
    Yep.

This episode has something that the majority of the season 11 episodes lack: a somewhat relatable plot. While the rest made crazy storylines where the characters seemed to be forced, this one features Moe in a very credible way. It has still a wacky tone, that's sure, but I can justify his actions according to his context, and actually understand them at all.
    The humour had always a good level. Homer and Moe played a great humorous pair and the episode had hilarious lines and situations in plenty, like the Duff contest. It failed to be really memorable, and the ending seemed too rushed, but it was one of the best episodes from its season for sure. And I actually liked the subplot.

8/10

I did not like this episode. 2/5. The script wasn't as funny as other episodes, but there have been worse episodes than this. Ranked 113 on my top 150.

~I said fine. What part about sure don't you understand?~

Thread Information