View Poll Results: What did you think of this episode?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

104 77.61%
  • 4/5

23 17.16%
  • 3/5

5 3.73%
  • 2/5

1 0.75%
  • 1/5

1 0.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R:R Bart of Darkness

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R:R Bart of Darkness

First episode of the best season. One of my favorite episodes. :mexican: 5/5!

5/5. Great, great, great episode.
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: jal90

Deutschland Uber Alles!! wee raging wilie's Avatar

5/5 lovely episode

Stonecutter

Great S6 episode. 5/5 A*
    Last edited by Simpsons Forever!; 03-27-2005 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpsons Forever!
    Great S8 episode. 5/5 A*
    Its S6.....

A+/A

Now with More Testicles. do what donny dont does's Avatar

10/10
    One of my all-time favorites

Pin Pal

A really good episode with a great storyline, etc. 5/5

Stonecutter

Possibly a top 10 episode here. The episode seems a little strange (very different). Maybe that's what I liked about it. I loved the swimming pool bit at the start. I thought the Ned thing was great and really funny. Really well done. A really funny episode, with a great twist at the end.

A++

Galalimit

This episode is in my top 10. 5/5

Long ago forgotten... Fallin2hell's Avatar

Fantastic episode. Definately in my top 50. 4/5.

Stonecutter

Quote Originally Posted by totempoll
    Its S6.....
    D'oh! Changed.

"HA-HA!"
    "I think he's hurt."
    "I said ha-ha..."

4/5 (Heh...forgot the most important part of the post)
    I am not responsible for any brain cells lost due to the reading of my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpsons Forever!
    D'oh! Changed.
    lol, The names are pretty close and easy to mix up. Bart of Darkness, Bart after Dark

blowin' money fast Clark Westfall's Avatar

4/5

The amish guy makes me laugh every time

It's really a great episode and one of my favorite stories with Bart as main character. The story is pretty clever and funny until the end. Also nice conclusion of the mystery ^^ 4.5/5

Banned

I always called this "the forgotten episode", because I had never seen or even heard of it until I bought the DVD. It really is great though, and it has that great classic Simpson-y feel to it that I find unbeatable.

A

Pin Pal

A great season 6 episode that has a lot of good jokes.

5/5

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

One of my absolute FAVOURITES. I've never seen Rear Window but that doesn't matter, the episode works brilliantly. The direction is particularly excellent and just little changes to Bart, like the bags under his eyes, truly do capture his feel. But my god yes... Everything is top-notch here.

And I love how these elaborate sequences seem to be made just to screw Bart over: first in Bart Gets an F with the winter thing, now here with the pool thing. It's great. 5/5.

Yeah, this is one of my favorites as well. The episode is just so much fun, yet it also has this suspenseful feeling to it (mainly due to the awesome Rear Window parody). Bart's descent into paranoia made me laugh, especially that strange play he was writing. I cracked up when he started reading it to Lisa, complete with a cockney accent. And of course, she had a hard time standing it. XD

5/5
    "Alright, alright, if it will make you happy, I'll overthrow society."

Now that I've seen 'Rear Window', this episode will probably go up a bit on a re-watch. I'm expecting I'd give it an A as opposed to the B+/A- I usually give it.

Has glower power Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't like this episode. I thought the plot was actually a bit dull and predictable. I gave it a 2/5.

Classic but set back due to being on the same disc as Treehouse V,Lisa's rival,Sideshow Bob Roberts,Bart's girlfriend and Itchy and Scratchy land.Starts off the greatest season nicely.

This is one of my all time favorite episodes, but the funny thing is there's not much reason to say why, even from me. It's just very very...nice to watch. It's funny, well written and directed, has a pretty nice homage to a classic Hitchcock film without getting too into the source material, and it's very relatable.

In fact I think the relatableness is why its so easy to love. Out of all the episodes in this series to me this one is the most sentimental. I dunno when I think of old memorable childhood summer days...I think of a couple of my own memories, swimming pools, the days seeming to be endless, and this episode. lol Right even to the end with Martin singing Sinatra there's just something about this that reminds me so much of childhood.

There's no big adventure, or satire, or anything really. It's just a very chill narrative with the kids. You don't see these anymore. 5/5

Really a tremendous episode that really had a good feeling to it and many funny scenes. And thinking Ned would kill someone, well, obviously not. A

I survived the Monorail TerwilligerBob's Avatar

Hilarious episode. Full of great quotes and jokes, but close to home. There's no huge mess-up, the plot is simple, though slightly fantastic, as usual, and it's focused on just Bart and Lisa, and features one of the best movie parodies I have ever seen anywhere. Everything about the parody was great, the detail in mimicking every camera shot, Bart crawling out to save Lisa, dragging half the neighborhood behind him, Jimmy Stewart's totally random appearance ("Grace! There's a sinister-looking kid I want you to see!"), the mystery, and at the hilarious ending. At the climax, the directing was such a fantastic copy of Hitchcock that I was torn between contant laughter and--despite the fact that it was the Simpsons--suspense. The Hitchcockian mounting suspense was really well done, and sprinkled suitably with hysteria ("Oh no! That sinister-looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! Hel--AAH!"). Oh, and it also had one of my all time favorite (and probably one of the top five funniest) lines in the entire series:

"Hello, and welcome to the Springfield police department rescue phone! If you know the name of the felony being commited, press oonne! To choose from a list of felonies, press twoo! If you are being murdered, or are using a rotary phone, please, stay on the line!"

(Bart presses several random buttons)

"You have selected regicide! If you know the name of the king or queen being murdered, press oone!"

I honestly thought I would never, ever be able to stop laughing after that one. For the rest of the day, my mind would flip back to that line every ten minutes, and every single time, I would be paralyzed with laughter. And yes, I memorized the whole thing the first time I heard it. Anyway, this was a great, great episode that the writers must've had a field day writing. 5/5
    "Attention Duelists!"

Blog Entries

This one's in my Top 5 episode list. I love all the aspects of plot--Lisa becoming Miss Popularity, the mystery, 'Rear Window' reference and all sorts of stuffs. Humor was strong--not many laugh-out loud jokes, but the ones that should give you some good chuckles. There were some memorable scenes such as the water ballet scene, Lisa's attempt to save her life, Ned's scream... I don't have enough time to list all those now. Anyway, A+
    calmer than you are

Why Can't We Be Friends? The Southern Dandy's Avatar

I actually don't like "Rear Window", but I like this episode a lot. Just watched it again because I was in the mood for the summery pool-heavy episode before going swimming . Bart's "dark phase" was hilarious. I love the shot where Marge and Lisa wave to him and you see him squint his eyes and pull down the window shade...such a great, creepy shot. I love his play too...I always get a kick out of Bart reciting "old-timey dialogue" (like when he talks like a "grizzled old prospector" or like a bootblack in "Cape Feare"). Martin Prince deserves some credit for his part in this episode. Some of the best moments were his, like the running gag with other kids ripping off his swimming shorts (deservedly after he brags about how many layers he's wearing), his hilarious "Queen of Summertime" line (and the reaction of the pool guys, which gives it a terrific punchline), and Russi Taylor's lovely singing performance at the end. I don't think there's another season opener I remember seeing in its original broadcast that I enjoyed as much as this one.

Top Ten:
    1. "Who Shot Mr. Burns?"
    2. "Summer of 4 Ft. 2"
    3. "Lisa On Ice"
    4. "The Boy Who Knew Too Much"
    5. "Bart's Comet"
    6. "Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song"
    7. "Bart Sells His Soul"
    8. "Homer at the Bat"
    9. "Krusty Gets Kancelled"
    10. "Lisa's Pony"

Uhhh....I'll be back! Pruh-Probably.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is it St. Swiggen's Day already?

5/5

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

It's great to see Bart going crazy once and a while and the nod to "Rear Window" when Bart sees Jimmy Stuart who says "Grace there's a crazy kid looking at me" and "Grace that crazy kid's coming to see me" were great.

Thread Information