View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
468. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

141 30.13%
  • 4/5

131 27.99%
  • 3/5

97 20.73%
  • 2/5

50 10.68%
  • 1/5

49 10.47%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review: "Pranksta Rap" (GABF03)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate & Review: "Pranksta Rap" (GABF03)

From SNPP

50 Cent guest voices as himself as Bart fakes his own kidnapping (and ends up hiding out with Milhouse's father) to hide the fact that he snuck out of the house to go to a 50 Cent concert.

You can view the preview/speculation thread for more details.

The thread and poll will open once the episode airs.
    Last edited by eric; 02-13-2005 at 09:56 PM.

opening this early since i won't be near a computer when the episode ends.

is it just me or was 50 Cent's speech so slurred that his lines were incomprehensible?

Quote Originally Posted by Cole
    opening this early since i won't be near a computer when the episode ends.

is it just me or was 50 Cent's speech so slurred that his lines were incomprehensible?
    actually has a slur from being shot in the jaw.... but you know.

so far its hilarious and a decent amount of story. i love it. hopefully it doesnt screw up in the ending

stanford, bitches (bitches referring to the bitches at stanford, not you)

Is Dave Chappelle actually in it, or did TV Guide make that up?

Junior Camper

i've laughed as much as i have all season... i'll be going 5/5 unless the ending really sucks

B/B-

A good episode all-around, although a bit of a weak fourth act. The part with superintendant Chalmers at the credits was just hilarious!

4/5

pretty rad

Quote Originally Posted by Vox Nerduli
    Is Dave Chappelle actually in it, or did TV Guide make that up?
    Looks like, if anything, a late scratch. Sorry, guys.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

freedom. silence. always.

wow, that was fucking horrible

1/5

Galalimit

It was as good as I thought it'd be. 4/5

Surf's Up!!!!!!!

okay. the ending was only half retarded.... they kind of resolved it, with the "greyness between truth and lies" line and then kind of went stupid with the house party... if the two lines werent so close together, it wouldn't have been that bad... i'm still goign 5/5 because it was hilarious and actually had me interested

Wow, I didn't laugh once.

1/5
    I am not responsible for any brain cells lost due to the reading of my posts.

I wasn't really expecting this episode to be too great, but it turned out being one of this seasons better episodes(IMO).

BTW, the ending wasn't too great.

meh. B-

Crotis Jivefunk

I missed the entire first act. Can someone who downloads the new episodes PM me a link? I liked what I saw. Wiggum got some good screen time for a change, as did Kirk Van Houten. Not much else I can say until I see the rest of the episode. Temporary B+

"As Felt in Braille Weekly"

An "A" all the way, even though the ending was somewhat strange.

Only Chief Wiggum can pull off puns (Bratty Hurst); "Does this count as community service?" was hilarious; Marge knowing rap terms reminded me of some mothers I know who, despite what their kids think, know about that sort of thing. I also loved the line about Ralpie and the world going away.

scissors on his fuckin head That Jerk's Avatar

Rap jokes and Surf's Up ending ruined this episode, despite an excellent last two acts. 2/5 Details later, dinner now.

The Wolf Is At Ol Gils Door

Good episode, I don't know why some people are rating it a 1/5.

5/5

Current Job:
    Car Salesman

Taking my talents to S. Beach Curtis's Avatar

I voted it 3/5 but I did it to fast actually the more I think about it the more I like it. Did you guys notice a lot of old characters in front of the jail I thought that was cool and I thought the episode was pretty good. 50 cent was funny. It seems we are seeing a lot of throwbacks this year like mentions to old stuff I also noticed the Homer picture from Bart the Daredevil. I think this episode was solid and i will give it a 7.5/10.
    ¡Lee mi blog!
    Reinventing Revolution

Pin Pal

5/5 Awesome and hilarious!!!! HOMER IS A FAT LOSER!!!! Barts rhyme at the Murder 4 Life concert was crazy! Homer and Marge rapping that was hilarious!!! 50 cent: Does that count as community service? Lady: No 50 Cent: Aiight, Lets go to the park.

Does anyone know the lyrics to Barts rhyme at the concert? I forgot most of it by the end.

So whats going on? Is Lisa going to expose them or what? My guess would be that next episode Milhouse's father is out of jail, Wiggum is back to Police Chief and everything is back to normal. Wow. What a bad ending. The part with CHalmers was good though.

I really didn't like this episode. Homer was okay, but I really did not like Lisa in this one. I think the kidnapping plot had potential but they ruined it. They should have just had him own up to the fake kidnapping. But then it might end up a bit like Radio Bart.

2/5

Wow, this episode was far better than I was excepting. It's easily one of the best episodes of the season along with Mommy Beerest. It had great uses of tons of characters starting with Bart and Wiggum. The entire police force was great. Homer was back to his scene stealing self. Every word that came out of Wiggum’s mouth was great. Kirk finally got a bigger role and was very funny. Using Patty and Selma again reminded me of the classic years when they would pop up every few episodes. The 50 Cent cameo wasn’t bad.

I thought that the plot was pretty good and another one that is better than I would have expected during the sixteenth year of the show. Everything evolved fairly organically with characters acting like I thought they should. The only problem was with the very end, with Lisa giving up and Kirk remaining in jail.

The episode has some great callbacks to Bart the Daredevil and It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad Marge.

I liked that they actually got the physics right with Millhouse throwing the gun up in the air and it hitting him in the head on the way down.

"As Felt in Braille Weekly"

By the way, what is the allusion to a marching band walking over someone--I seem to recall that from a movie . . . not sure.

3/5: This episode gets a 3/5 because it has some funny jokes about rap and Cheif Wiggum is played very well. The funniest thing in this episode was 50 cent asking his consullent "Does this count as communty service". The problems in this epidode were some of the jokes draged on too long such as Millhouse's frisbie and Homer's burning of clothes and the worst part was the ending aka House Party.
    Last edited by Simpsonsfan82; 02-13-2005 at 05:46 PM.

The first act was better than I had thought it'd be, the second act was really good, but once it got into the whole "cover-up" part and how everyone was seemingly in on it...That screwed it up.

...Although the Chalmers scene was great. I also think they were pretty harsh on Milhouse though. The frisbee scene was one of those scenes like Cape Feare: "It's funny, but then you do it more and it's not funny, then you do it even more and it's hilarious." The police were really great in this episode, they were a highlight here.

...Other than that, it was clearly the worst of this season. It might be going pretty far to say worst overall episode, but it was pretty bad. Maybe if they had come clean it'd be decent, but they didn't, so I give it a 2.5/5. (Rated 3 because I was feeling generous)

But I think I'll enjoy it upon re-watches. Most of the bad episodes crawl up on me like that.
    *lack of sig'd*

wow, that episode was great! It was one of the best plots of the season and it just flowed so well. I'm glad they didn't have 50 cent be the object of the episode and make random appearances throughout the rest of the episode. Plus, where the episode ended with "Al Jean" as the dripping water looked really cool, it's something they've never eperimented with. Another FANTASTIC season 16 episode.
    5/5
    [SIZE=1]

Boat on a track Train on the Water's Avatar

It was fine, but I was confused at some parts. A second viewing will solve that. And the commercial break between acts two and three was short, so that's great. The first few ending credits in the splash font were really cool. I'm not one who's critical enough to give letter grades, so I'm done.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Red Face WHY!!

This is the first episode of the simpsons, that i actually hated. It made no sense, there wasn't even a plot. i guess its back to watching my dvd's from series' so long ago.

Not just a marching band, but the Asylum marching band.

Tyrant-in-Training

Didn't do anything for me - C.

Thread Information