Thread: R&R: You Only Move Twice

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R: You Only Move Twice

Quite an enjoyable episode IMO.

A/A-

Pin Pal

A good episode!! 4/5

A good piece of work, but the ending always let me down somehow. 3/5

I loved this episode, one of the best of season eight. There is nothing wrong with this episode, not my favorite but a classic for sure. A+

4/5. Very quality episde.
    blog - music - movies
    Peace of mind. A mellow life. Crunk music. Investing in spy equipment and communist memorabilia. Having dance contests with myself. Placing last in the local triathlon. All of these things, plus a firm belief in the Lord.

Stonecutter

I'm a sucker for both dark episodes and spy parodies. As such, this episode owns me like Seigfried owns Roy.

5/5

No wonder he won Minnesota. Sarcastic Guy II's Avatar

5/5, easiest poll ever. This episode is a classic of the "Homer's Enemy" calliber.
    I was saying "Boo-urns."

Season 19 Ratings:
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - A
    The Homer of Seville - C+
    Midnight Towboy - A+
    I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - A

Hero to the kids

One of my favorites since way back in the day.5/5

3 years late, but meh! simplysimpsons's Avatar

It's okay. Overrated, violent, too silly in parts, and the ending leaves a lot to be desired. Still very funny though - Grade B-, 3/5

A tribute to Bart Simpson

You think THAT's bad? What about that time when I was turned into a Tetris block?

Just check my profile, under "Favourite Simpsons Episodes".

5/5
    I am not responsible for any brain cells lost due to the reading of my posts.

Is It About My Cube?

Excellent episode. One of my favourites from season 8. A
    Seasons Rankings:

I knew it! I knew I wasn't crazy! This was a good episode! 5/5.

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very good. Not perfect (the ending is a little crazy) and Lisa and Marge´s subplots weren´t THAT great, but hey! at least they showed every family member having a mini-adventure. Everything Homer says and does is funny as hell and Hank Scorpio is one of the most original and hillarious one timers. This episode could have been a good Simpson movie : there´s adventure, laugh, emotion and an important event in the life of the family (Homer gets a better job, all family moves to another place). 4,5/5 or so.

Stonecutter

A brillian performance by Albert Brooks, and some (almost) harmless pre-Scully era wackiness; A

I'm one of the few people who simply doesn't like this episode. The story doesn't strike me as all that interesting, and the roles of the members of the Simpson family feel too small (especially Lisa). I found Scorpio to actually be an annoying character. He was too energetic and it felt like they were trying too hard to make his personality stand out. In contrast, it felt like they weren't trying hard enough with the James Bond parodies. The ending was a little weak as well. I did like Bart's experience in the special classes, but that's about it. I find this episode very overrated, but that's just me. 2/5

Taking my talents to S. Beach Curtis's Avatar

One of my favorites of all time A++++. Scorpio is great, Homer is awesome in this episode I crack up and I cry evertime i see that episode especailly when the "Yes Mr. Scorpion" line comes up.
    ˇLee mi blog!
    Reinventing Revolution

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

As a fan of the Bond films, this is great stuff. Even without the Bond references, this would still be a superb episode. The humour is entirely top-notch and is complemented by a strong plot interlaced with typical surreal Simpsons craziness and spot-on characterisation of the family. A. Brooks brings great charisma to the episode with his portrayal of Hank Scorpio, and the episode is virtually full of quotables. A classic of the classics.

Stonecutter

One of the best of Season 8. Fantastic Bond references and Scorpio's character was great! 5/5 A*

Galalimit

Never stopped laughing. 5/5

Nelson (saying 'good-bye' to the Simpsons): "HA-HA!"

5/5

Virgin Colada! *No Rum breadharrity's Avatar

i never really understanded how anybody could love... love this episode, overrated but it's still great,

3/5

Junior Camper

This is a great episode. Lots laughs and a great story. And lots of talk about hamocks. 5/5

I expected more from the episode after all the hype I heard for it, but some parts were just plain lacking in humor. The third act is hilarious though. 4/5

One of my personal favorite episodes, its easily one of the best among its season. 5/5

A-

I voted 4/5, but perhaps I should have voted 5/5. It's certainly a great episode as usual, but definitely overrated. One of the most overrated of the classic era, anyway.

Don't bad-mouth the head! Xt'Tapalatakettle's Avatar

I didn't get Homer's obsession with the Dallas Cowboys. It seemed very forced, especially since they never indicated his allegience to any football team. And using the Denver Broncos instead of another team looks so bad now. Even at the time the episode aired they weren't a bad team. They wound up winning the Super Bowl later that year I believe. They could've picked a team like the Arizona Cardinals or the Detroit Lions that everyone knows will never find great success (maybe I'm just saying this because I am a Broncos fan).

This episode in general depressed me on rewatch, since I remember liking it a lot when it aired in Season 8 and not liking much of the rest of the season. After seeing it again, I realized that the episode is so overshadowed by Hank Scorpio's character, one of the best one-time characters ever. The rest of the episode is pretty bland and bizarre and reminds of a vacation episode. Homer's obliviousness was funny at first, but then it became a tad too much. At the end, I felt like saying "what was all that for?" I laughed a bit (mostly at Scorpio), but the episode as a whole feels... strange.
    Favorite Episodes (by Season): Season 1: Krusty Gets Busted, Call of the Simpsons
    Season 2: Blood Feud, Itchy & Scratchy & Marge, Bart the Daredevil
    Season 3: Radio Bart, Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk, Bart the Murderer
    Season 4: Homer the Heretic, Krusty Gets Kancelled, The Front
    Season 5: Cape Feare, The Last Temptation of Homer, Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song
    Season 6: Bart's Girlfriend, Bart of Darkness, Homie the Clown
    Season 7: Summer of 4ft 2, Lisa the Iconoclast, Bart Sells His Soul
    Season 8: The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show, The Springfield Files, The Secret War of Lisa Simpson
    Season 9: Girly Edition, The Cartridge Family, Lisa the Skeptic
    Season 10: They Saved Lisa's Brain, Lisa Gets an A, Simpsons Bible Stories
    Season 11: Grift of the Magi, Brother's Little Helper, Beyond Blunderdome
    Season 12: Hungry Hungry Homer, The Computer Wore Menace Shoes, Trilogy of Error
    Season 13: The Bart Wants What It Wants, Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge, Sweets and Sour Marge
    Season 14: I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can, The Bart of War, Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington
    Season 15: Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Tis the Fifteenth Season, The Wandering Juvie
    Season 16: Thank God It's Doomsday, The Heartbroke Kid, Fat Man and Little Boy
    Season 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story, Marge's Son Poisoning, Bart Has Two Mommies
    Season 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple, 24 Minutes, Little Big Girl
    Season 19: The Debarted, Midnight Towboy, Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind
    Season 20: Gone Maggie Gone, Take My Life Please, Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Such a great episode, loved Brooks as Scorpio, and also loved the leg up room and Homer wearing Tom Landry's hat, 9/10
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

Great work! I love the part when the Simpsons are leaving,and townpeople saying goodbye. The demonstration what trust is about is a classic,pure Simpsons humor. People call Scorpio the best one-time character,and I agree that he's in the top 3.

Homer: Only management guys with big salaries like me can afford that.... Guys like me! I'm a guy like me!

5/5
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

Great episode. A

If all criminals were like Scorpio, I would consider career change.

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Insecthero

welcome to my town sacrelicious's Avatar

Best of season 8 - Albert Brooks as Scorpio is definately in the top 5 for guest star performances of all time on the Simpsons.

Thread Information