48 23.41%
  • 1/5

76 37.07%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: Simpson Safari

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

Rate and Review: Simpson Safari

This episode has so much wrong with. Loads of failed jokes. The plot is crazy. Though 1 thing I do like- SOME good humour. Also Marge, Lisa and Bart were in pretty good character too. And at times despite being stupid it was kinda fun.

2.5/5

Awful. Need I say more?

This is a horrible episode bottom ten for sure, but not the worst ever as some contend. F

F/F

Stonecutter

I can't understand why people Fail it. Yes its bad and has a lot probelms though it is good in places.

The first act isn't horrible, outside of a little jerkass Homer, but the whole part in Africa is horrible, the gags all failed and were disgusting to begin with, and then the part with Jane Goodall was one of the worst third acts ever.

My family laughed at most of this episode when we saw it on C4, but I inwardly groaned. 2/5, with the only redeeming moment being the shopping scene.

I'll give it a little credit...it's not the WORST ever, but it certainly wasn't very funny.

2/5
    I am not responsible for any brain cells lost due to the reading of my posts.

Stonecutter

First act- 3/5
    second act- 2.5/5
    third act- 2/5

5/5

Come on England! The lesson is never try's Avatar

5/5 i really like this episode, one of my faves as it goes.

The Spring in Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by The lesson is never try
    5/5 i really like this episode, one of my faves as it goes.
    you must be retarded.

1/5.

biennial playoff contender Rowdy's Avatar

3/5.....there's plenty of episodes from S12 that were far worse.....this one was quite funny in a lot of places.

It's not good but one of Mike Scully's okay episodes. (3/5)

Come on England! The lesson is never try's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    you must be retarded.

1/5.
    so just because i like an episode im retarded. its your nerdy type who judge episodes instead of relaxing and watching them that wreck the simpsons, i for one am happy to watch any episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    you must be retarded.

1/5.
    Hey! Leave the Scully fans alone.

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

2/5 because as has already been said, there's been quite a few episodes that are worse. A handful of jokes to laugh at, even if the rest of the episode is none too special.

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2,5/5 or so. Very cartoony but some gags were decent. At least I found it a little entertaining, there are episodes that are much boring.

Quite Good, I do know a lot of people don't like this time period and this particular episode due to the whackiness and dare I say it "Jerkass Homer" but I do and I'm not just saying that to annoy people. I guess you either have that sort of humour or you don't.

It would seem I'm one of the few who can enjoy the best of both Simpson's worlds.

I will save my comment on this particular episode until the S12 DVD is released and we find out if it was (as has been suggested) an April Fools joke on the fans from the staff of "The Simpsons" or just a genuinely bad, bad (although better than KTAAR, BTTF and DWMR, in my opinion) episode.

However, since that's not happening for several years, it stands as 1/5 and among the five worst episodes ever made in my books.
    Recent discoverer/worshipper of ATHF. Now for brilliant quotes.

Look, Frylock, you know me. Had I known all this merchandise had been broken, I would of laid the hammer down. But it was stolen. - Master Shake, "Mayhem of the Mooninites"

Look, you go find him. He don't yell at you. All I ever try to do is make him smile, and sing around him, and dance around him, and he just lays into me. He told me to get in the freezer cuz there was a carnival in there. There wasn't no carnival! It was a damn freezer! I got freezer burn. i got mushed up against a chicken...- Meatwad, "Escape from Leprauchpolis"

Crotis Jivefunk

The first act (and the beginning of the second) actually had a few laughs, such as Agnes wanting everything in one bag, The African nations changing their names, and a couple other moments. It's not without it's problems though. I can actually sit through this episode to be honest. D+, 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by The lesson is never try
    its your nerdy type who judge episodes instead of relaxing and watching them that wreck the simpsons, i for one am happy to watch any episode.
    So does every episode get a 5/5 from you?

Blog Entries

I'm sticking with my stance that this episode isn't as bad as some say. Most of the first act is decent, with nothing inherently wrong, and there are a few intermittent funny moments throughout the rest of the episode. Granted it has it's problems (the reason for going to Africa was ludicrous, some shotty characterization; Homer inparticular, several other moments we've all tried to forget), but I maintain that an episode with 2 terrible acts that has a few redeemable moments and a decent first act isn't the worst episode ever. There are countless other episode that have nearly no redeeming qualities, and appearances by the likes of Kid Rock. Although I were to make a "25 Worst" list, Simpson Safari would probably be in it. C-.

Quote Originally Posted by homer228
    5/5
    Blasphemy!! 1/5.
    blog - music - movies
    Peace of mind. A mellow life. Crunk music. Investing in spy equipment and communist memorabilia. Having dance contests with myself. Placing last in the local triathlon. All of these things, plus a firm belief in the Lord.

My Bottom 3
    1. "Tennis the Menace"
    2. "Homer the Moe"
    3. "Simpson Safari"

Stonecutter

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Sad
    The first act (and the beginning of the second) actually had a few laughs, such as Agnes wanting everything in one bag, The African nations changing their names, and a couple other moments. It's not without it's problems though. I can actually sit through this episode to be honest. D+, 2.5/5
    Few! glad a high posting fan thought that!

Though isn't 2.5/5 a C or a C-

C+ 3/5
    C or C- 2.5/5
    D+ 2/5
    D or D- 1.5/5
    F+= 1/5
    F= 0/5

Am I wrong.

3 years late, but meh! simplysimpsons's Avatar

How can anyone give this a 5/5? This is utter, utter, crap. The first minute or two - the entire "cart" scenes - were funny. But from a bag boy strike we get a stupid plot twist to the family going to Africa. It's not as if the first act didn't have problems either: Homer pain gags, Homer being a jerkass, cheap slapstick jokes throughout. Then the family go to Africa. In some cases, they start building up to a good gag but then there's a horrible one afterwards making you forget the good stuff. Homer was a loudmouthed jerkass, there was stupid gags from the entire family. And - the monkey scenes. I don't know who thought of this, but it was insane, and not in a funny way. That entire third act felt like a completely different show. It's hard to believe that this writer wrote the brilliant "Hungry Hungry Homer" just a few episodes ago.

Overall: I'm tempted to give it a D- because of the first minute, but the other stuff was so bad I won't. So grade: F, second worst episode of the series behind BTL.

Rhinos hatching from eggs? Bees popping tyres, making a jeep explode for no reason? Maggie eating a magazine? It just speaks for itself.

A tribute to Bart Simpson

You think THAT's bad? What about that time when I was turned into a Tetris block?

Purple Is A Fruit.

It's not all bad. I can see that it is crazy in some parts, but it should be given more of a chance. There is some good humour, but the 3rd act lets it down a little.

4/5

Quote Originally Posted by homer228
    5/5

2/5, there were some good jokes in there... but other than that it's just down right awful.

No wonder he won Minnesota. Sarcastic Guy II's Avatar

1/5

Abhorrent.
    I was saying "Boo-urns."

Season 19 Ratings:
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - A
    The Homer of Seville - C+
    Midnight Towboy - A+
    I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - A

Thread Information