View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
364. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

136 37.36%
  • 4/5

130 35.71%
  • 3/5

68 18.68%
  • 2/5

16 4.40%
  • 1/5

14 3.85%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Rate & Review: "Fat Man and Little Boy" (FABF21)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Bart: There's more than one way to lose a tooth...Hey, idiot, you're fat and your mom is naked on the internet! You also smell.

Nelson: .....You've given me a lot to think about.

The main plot was interesting and unusual, but Lisa's plot was a little pointless. The humor put it over the top, however, so I'll give it a good grade. 4/5, B+

Not quite sure what to make about this episode.
    It really had some funny moments and the story was also funny.
    But sometimes it was really too weird and not so good at all imo.

3.5/5

NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar

Very scattered, with the main focus constantly shifting from one issue to another throughout the episode, but it still was a great season 16 offering. The characterizations of every character were spot-on (except maybe for Marge, but she wasn't too bad either), had a lot of well-executed jokes that didn't fall into the modern era's usual traps of over-explanation or plain stupidity, and I liked the different themes and ideas that weaved their way through the three acts. 4/5

Why should they be happy?! The Law-Talkin' Guy's Avatar

Hilarious jokes and gags, a very fun episode. Homer threatening to blow the place up... priceless. 5/5.

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

not a terrible episode for the jean era. 4/5

Blog Entries

Well, watched it after not watching it for a very long time. I gotta say that there are several hitches such as plot shifting its focus at times, but other than that, plot itself featured several good characterizations, several funny moments, and put together as a plausible episode. It is enjoyable, no doubt and is one of the better ones of S16 imo... which is already a good season in my view B+
    calmer than you are

Blog Entries

I would have been a 5/5, due to great humor and an interesting plot, but the third act fell apart when the subplot never got resolved and the fact that Homer never got his job back. A slightly generous 4/5.
    You can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Everything happens for a reason.

Just be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Don't worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.

B+, or 4.5/5 for the poll

I think that Homer and Bart both had classic characterization in this one

Blog Entries

5/5, a great ep

Blog Entries

I might as well bring up that I'm currently taking these "fun" courses in the summer and today I heard some kids talking about this episode. They didn't mention the name but here's what I've caught them saying, or something like that.

"The episode where Bart gets a lot of money from selling t-shirts with bad sayings on them."
    "Nuclear reactor"

I didn't hear anymore of it because I had to go to the bathroom. I just thought I would bring it up.

Not great, but it's certainly enough to keep my attention. A low 3/5. It helps that it's from the string of okay season 15 holdovers.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just rewatched this episode for the first time in many, many months. All I can say is that it was FAR funnier than I remembered. Great joke after great joke along with brilliant performances from Bart and Homer kept me entertained throughout. Two jokes stoodout above the rest on this viewing though. The best joke of the episode came at the end of the Burns/Smithers back and forth at the Power Plant. They were both already making me smile throughout the scene, but the revelation of it being Christmas Day had me cracking up pretty hard. A second, not quite as good joke that got a good laugh from me was the fourth wall breaking Korean animator joke. Regardless, I had a smile on my face throughout. Solid 5/5

Also, during the lion documentary scene I couldn't help but think of the recent American Dad episode that had the exact same comparison/issue with Stan and Steve...or was it walruses in that one?....same concept anyway. Of course, that issue isn't brought up in this episode until it is over half over, while it drives the American Dad episode, and the two shows quickly change paths with Homer instead turning to Lisa. Just thought it was interesting to note that even by the time of the 16th season the show was still capable of tackling different issues/taking different story paths multiple times per episode while keeping the laughs solid throughout.

Cheers to Osama bin Scratchy!

An overall good episode.

4/5

Banned
    Blog Entries

Eh, generally unmemorable.

3/5

I don't care for G.O.B. Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Cheers to Osama bin Scratchy!
    Do you think they will cut that part of the episode from now on coinciding with his death yesterday?

Blog Entries

Honestly, I was pretty creeped out by how everything turned out yesterday. I mean, less than a day after I watched that episode again the monster dies...creepy...

But no, I doubt they will seeing as it took all of 2 seconds and would be difficult to edit out. Plus, it's a legitimately funny little joke.

I was actually considering changing my icon to a picture of it too...ah well...

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Comicshow MolemanBob View Post
    Do you think they will cut that part of the episode from now on coinciding with his death yesterday?
    Maybe they can do a "In memory of Osama Bin Scratchy" at the end of the episode.

Blog Entries

Regardless, I do wonder if they'll mention yesterday at all during the audio commentary for this episode. I would think so, but it is such a quick gag that it might be talked over. Well, only two more years until we find out...uggh...

Mama took those batteries Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This episode is okay; nothing special in my opinion. I loved the Korean animation joke, but that seems to be the only one that stands out. It also didn't resolve the subplot. What will Lisa bring to the science fair now? 3/5, C.
    Quote Originally Posted by dman360 View Post
    Don't tell what to do fuck face, and I'm not changing it I do what I want so fuck you bitch
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy Homer's Phobia 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

Blog Entries

i sincerely doubt they'll cut the osama bin scratchy joke. if it was a bigger joke than a couple seconds, maybe, but it was a short scene

the Ms. Suzy had a Steamboat scene was something that was cut from When Flanders Failed
    I haven't heard anything about that yet! Where did you learn about it?
    "Alright, can you read this out for me?"
    AEIOU
    "Aeeeeeiiiiiioooooooooouuuuuuu..."
    "No, no, no! The letters!"
    "Scratchnsniff, Scratchnsniff, Scratchnsniff..."
    "Hey! Dr. Otto Scratchnsniff, you might have won a million dollars!"
    "Are you married?"
    "GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"
    "Well, with a temper like that, he'll never!:)"

Don't you know I am serious!! Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did I not comment on this? Great episode.

The plot of this episode is really messy. The Lisa science fair plot isn't introduced until well into the second half of the episode, and then Bart's t-shirt plot is abandoned until the very end. Also, Goose Gladwell is pretty annoying. On the other hand, this episode is somewhat funny. I like both plots, but I can't get past how horribly structured they are (I also like the idea of Homer being "replaced" by Bart, which developed naturally from the t-shirt plot, but the lion show seemed to throw into a direction that it shouldn't have gone into, and the second plot is introduced quite abruptly). 3/10
    Last edited by Insanity Pepper; 11-30-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Don't you know I am serious!! Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, this episode has an odd structure.

Young Master Doflamingo The Heavenly Demon's Avatar

The plot feels pretty disjointed but its a very funny episode. Grade: B+
    My quest to rewatch, grade and review all episodes of The Simpsons:
    http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.p...Reviews-Reborn

How did Lisa do at her science fair? That's what I'm left wondering. 4/5
    I'm trying to be a loving father, you unwanted moron.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Great episode. There's no real plot to speak of, but it's just good fun thoughout. 5/5

PS: if I was writer of the episode, I'd put a joke into the convention scene about a stall selling Acme Glue, with the salesman cartoonishly struggling while trying to get off his chair behind it. But I don't make 'em, I just watch 'em.

Young Master Doflamingo The Heavenly Demon's Avatar

Disjointed plot but its a funny episode. Grade: B-

Thread Information