• 4/5

45 27.78%
  • 5/5

27 16.67%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: R&R Dancin' Homer

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R Dancin' Homer

Honestly, I'm not sure why this episode is hated so much. The episode had a great main plot and although it wasn't the casual Simpsons episode where you would laugh through out the episode, it ended up being an above average episode, IMO. 4/5

2/5. Unfunny and very uninteresting.

3/5. Terrible plot with a bunch of goofy jokes and gags.
    blog - music - movies
    Peace of mind. A mellow life. Crunk music. Investing in spy equipment and communist memorabilia. Having dance contests with myself. Placing last in the local triathlon. All of these things, plus a firm belief in the Lord.

Stonecutter

then why is it a 3/5?

My rating 3.5/5 (voted 4)

This is a good episode. It`s a little boring at times and sometimes unfunny. But the majority of the time its very good sticks to the plot and has some good jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_simpsons_fan
    then why is it a 3/5?

My rating 3.5/5 (voted 4)

This is a good episode. It`s a little boring at times and sometimes unfunny. But the majority of the time its very good sticks to the plot and has some good jokes.
    Because the plot isn't that good, plus 3/5 isn't a bad score.

Junior Camper

This episode is completely laughless and is just bad through and through. One of the most boring episodes in the shows history.
    Last edited by nebula; 11-25-2004 at 08:56 AM.

Underrated. 3/5

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

This episode is a weak link in what is a very strong second season. In a nutshell, it's pretty boring and not particularly funny, but if there's nothing else on television, I'll happily watch this episode when it's on.

While this episode isn't as bad as everyone makes it out, it isn't a good episode by any estimation. C-

samsa

It's a good meh episode. 2.5/5

Nothing very memorable at all. I watched this a few days ago and the interaction between Homer and Burns at the baseball game seemed lame and almost bizarre.

2/5

It's just another episode with Homer getting his "15 minutes of fame", not really funny and a very predictable storyline. I wouldn't say "worst episode ever", but it's nothing to speak of. GRADE: C-

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Come on, guys! This episode is great. When it first aired I found it a little weak but even then I loved things as the Capitol City song and the atmosphere of the great city with all the neon lights is beautiful too. Few years later when I rewatched I found it extremely good. Its not necesary to have lots of jokes or extra-speed pacing if you have a solid plot and good animation. Some stories work better with slow pacing . I think this is something the writers should think about today. And this is one of those. You can really feel sad when Homer fails at the end and you can really see how important is for the family the fact of moving to another city. Its a 5/5 for me.
    Last edited by Cartoonnetwork; 04-12-2009 at 01:16 PM.

I absolutely agree. When it first aired, I thought it was you know, meh. But now the more I watch it, I'm learning to respect it more.

jennifer

Last edited by jennifer; 08-01-2010 at 02:13 AM.

Stonecutter

An OK classic!

No such thing!

jennifer

Last edited by jennifer; 08-01-2010 at 02:13 AM.

Level 3 - Bartman

No, it wasnt a great episode for its season, but it also does not deserve the critical, and somewhat brutal reviews it has been getting.

The problem with the episode is that the writers were relying on an older audience to pick up on some of the skits put in. The part where homer is shown announcing to the audience his retirement in black and white is a good idea. But not one a young audience would pick up on. (I believe it was a takeoff of babe ruth retiring, though im not sure) in any case, it is a joke not easy to understand, and thus, unfunny. The part/joke where the simpsons first enter capital city is a spoof of a movie most of us would not have seen. But that is where most of the problems end. Other jokes had you laughing into the commercials "- I did not realize I was about to take the biggest step of my life", then he walks off the edge of the dugout. The plot was still strong, and the way the story was brought about was well done. A classic bar story that everyone listens to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsFan
    3/5. Terrible plot with a bunch of goofy jokes and gags.
    agreed

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

I think its underrated. The only problem I've ever seen with the plot is the pacing. The entire first act is really slow, and when act two starts it blasts off. The rest is pretty good, IMO. 4/5

Get your weapons ready! Icedragon's Avatar

an underrated episode definitly, but not really classic

B

I agree with "evergreen" (...)

Which season is this? Season one if I'm wrong feel free to correct me, I personally like the episode not the best Simpson episode but defiantly worthy of an A it seems like it is underrated on this board. The animation wasn't great, and the plot was not good, some humor here and there, but it's better than some of the newer episodes imo I find it a classic episode.

[QUOTE=good-moleman-to-you}
    The part where homer is shown announcing to the audience his retirement in black and white is a good idea. But not one a young audience would pick up on. (I believe it was a takeoff of babe ruth retiring, though im not sure) QUOTE]
    THat's Lou Gerhig's retirment bTW.

I also agree it doesn't deserve the brutal reviews that it gets. It's not very memorable sure but I'd give it a C plus or a B minus.

Galalimit

I found it really boring. 2.5/5

It was a bit unrealistic, but then again, this is the Simpsons and its not exactly realistic. Overall, it was an entertaining episode and I would give it a 3/5

it's in a way a more or less uneventful episode, but i like it nevertheless.
    There's nothing really great about this episode, but also nothing really awful and it has my favorite Simpson
    in the leading role. It at least entertains me and i like to watch it from time to time.
    Could be little bit more funny though.

3.5/5

My second least favourite episode of the classic era, I don't think it deserves any leniency in grading just because it's from that era. To me it doesn't even feel like the events happened to OFF at all.
    1/5

at the 3/6 option
    00 32 15 19 4 21 2 25 17 34 6 27 13 36 11 30 8 23

10 5 24 16 33 1 20 14 31 9 22 18 29 7 28 12 35 3 26 0

I survived the Monorail TerwilligerBob's Avatar

True, it was boring, mainly because nothing really happened. The first half of the episode was very good, and I liked the tone and atmosphere a lot. However, after he got to be a great mascot and went to Capitol City, it just kind of slumped: again, nothing happened. That would be fine for a different show, but it doesn't sit well with the Simpsons. 3.5/5
    "Attention Duelists!"

Dullest episode ever. D-

Thread Information