View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
474. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Halloween in November? Thanks, FOX!

87 18.35%
  • 4/5: Eerily good.

179 37.76%
  • 3/5: Spookily mediocre.

130 27.43%
  • 2/5: Horrifically not that great.

47 9.92%
  • 1/5: Terrifyingly awful.

31 6.54%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review: "Treehouse of Horror XV" (FABF23)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate & Review: "Treehouse of Horror XV" (FABF23)

From SNPP

"The Ned Zone": a head injury gives Ned the power to see upcoming deaths, but he's particularly disturbed by Homer's death...as Ned is the one who kills him.

"In the Belly of the Boss": A giant medicine capsule this is shrunk and then swallowed by burns has a passenger - Maggie - so the other Simpsons are shrunk and go after her Fantastic Voyage-style.

"Four Beheadings and a Funeral": In Victorian age London, the Muttonchop Murderer's days are numbered when detective Eliza Simpson (and her assistant Dr. Bartley) are on the case

You can view the preview/speculation thread for more details.

The thread and poll will open once the episode airs.

Stonecutter

Garbage

Like a Penn State game, you start out with hope, and at first it looks good, then they slowly let you down.

A 6/10. 3/5 if you want to translate it to these polls terms.

I think this is something like the 13th straight episode I've given a 3/5.

4/5. the intro sucked. ned zone was great. 4 beheadings was good. belly was decent, but it was the funniest, so it made up for everything.

oh yeah: homer in burns was gruesome.
    kang and kodos with muton chops = hilarious

The cosmic ballet goes on.. Radioactive Man's Avatar

Can someone explain what the intro was. I missed it.

surprisingly wonderful. the best thoh in 3 or 4 years.
    ned zone was undoubtedly the best segment, but the other two were great as well.

wow, ive missed the simpsons
    B+/A-

Hired Goon

The episode didn't produce really any uproarious laughs, but all three shorts were solid. Ned Zone actually had a Halloween-ish feel to it, 4 Beheadings was a good parody of Sherlock Holmes, and In the Belly was funny as well. Just an overall solid episode, I'd have to say that this was the best THOH in quite some time. 4/5, B+.

Sitcom parody with Kang and Kodos. They nailed the credits song at the end, too. Probably the best part of the show.

Can't Talk. Eating.

Thumbs Down

2/5

Alright, let's begin with the pros...I can't find a way to follow that up...

Alright, cons. The opening sequence was super retarded. The Ned Zone was okay but it seemed very brief. Four Beheadings and a Funeral was pure garbage. The ending of that made no sense. The Belly of the Boss had a cliched' ending (see THOHII). Scully, Jean, whoever wrote this episode---GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Top 2 jokes:

2.Somebody had to take the babysitter home. Then I noticed she was sitting on-her-sweet-can. So I grabbed-her-sweet can. Oh, just thinking about-her-can. I just wish I had-her-sweet-sweet-s-s-sweet can!

1. Homer-Hey you $#@*, you cut me off. $#*@ to you!
    Lisa- Dad, that's an ambulance
    Homer-Right, honey. Hey ambulance! You think you're so big with your $@#^ *%$# siren. And your letters are on backwards!

Top 3 THOH Qoutes:

3. Selma as Homer runs naked across kitchen-There goes the last lingering thread of my heterosexuality.
    2. Delirious Mr. Burns-I was walking through the gas one day!
    1. Flanders-Hey, Homer, mind if I chew your ear
    (Homer shoots Flanders)
    Bart-Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders
    Homer-He was a zombie?

country sad ballad man

Intro: Theme song was funny, othewise...meh
    The Ned Zone was excellent, nothing not to like. Four Beheadings and a Funeral was less successful in my view. Enjoyable though, and the animation was stellar. The ending was another odd moment. In the Belly of the Boss was easily the weakest segment, too many dumb jokes and no really funny moments. And the ending was terrible. Overall, not as good as XIV, but better the XIII. B- because of The Ned Zone
    Last edited by Mason; 11-07-2004 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HotMilhouse977
    2/5

Alright, let's begin with the pros...I can't find a way to follow that up...

Alright, cons. The opening sequence was super retarded. The Ned Zone was okay but it seemed very brief. Four Beheadings and a Funeral was pure garbage. The ending of that made no sense. The Belly of the Boss had a cliched' ending (see THOHII). Scully, Jean, whoever wrote this episode---GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the ending of four beheadings made perfect sense. wiggum did it. ralph dreamed that him doing it being a dream.... sounds weird but was perfectly fine.
    i dont see how belly was cliche

Crotis Jivefunk

Better than last year's, but it still could've been a lot better.

Intro: Nice parody of sitcoms, but contained lame jokes like Bart being digested and Homer eating himself. The theme song had me rolling on the floor.

The Ned Zone: Rewatched the episode and I like this one alot better the second time around. I still find the ending to be the best part of the segment.

Four Beheadings and a Funeral: My favorite of the three and the best THOH segment since House of Whacks. The roles of the characters were well thought out, the animation was vagrant, and it contained a lot of homages. The ending was a little weird, but it seemed to be parodying War of the Worlds (The Book) and Little Nemo.

In the Belly of the Boss: Much better than anticipated. Thank God they cut out the line about Homer's butt crack. Always nice to see Maggie. Not the funniest, but a solid short.

No terrible segments, the best THOH since season 10. 4/5, B+
    Last edited by Strong Sad; 11-07-2004 at 09:24 PM.

My prediction was right. This show was just too damn silly. English aliens destroying a balloon, yeah, that's really great writing, dimwits.

Wait, so I'm the only one who was digging the intro? Is that only because I really hate late 80's sitcoms about perservering?

Get your weapons ready! Icedragon's Avatar

4/5

Solid B. The Ned Zone was definitly the best segment. Four Beheadings was a very good parody of the Sherlock Holmes mysteries, especially the opium bit. In the Belly of the Boss was meh.

EDIT - I also liked the intro Spooner, as it was a cliche 80's sitcom.

Crotis Jivefunk

What show was the theme song for Kodos's show from? I swear I've heard it before.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Sad
    What show was the theme song for Kodos's show from? I swear I've heard it before.

The beloved 80s classic, Perfect Strangers

Can't Talk. Eating.

What the hell is up with you people who think this was a good THOH? The writers of this episode are retarded or drunk!!!

like kissin' a peanut

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Sad
    Perfect Strangers.

And why were Scully and Mirkin listed as producers for this episode?

"The Ned Zone" was fantastic. The other two were good, too. Bizarre ending, though.

A-

Get your weapons ready! Icedragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HotMilhouse977
    What the hell is up with you people who think this was a good THOH? The writers of this episode are retarded or drunk!!!
    Everyone has their own opinion, I suggest you respect that

my thoughts:

- good opening segment... "stupid" funny seems to be the humor of choice lately
    - on a side note, does anyone think "christmas with the kronks" looks like the worst tim allen movie ever?

ned zone:

- the bowling ball on flanders' head was good
    - poor hans =\
    - zing on rosie too predictable
    overall: not good, not bad. good plot, lame jokes

4 beheadings and a funeral:

- peter pan was pretty funny
    - anyone notice the wiggums were the only ones without accents? even cbg had a slight one.
    - moe was a bar stool?
    - opieos: decent ralph sighting
    - dare i say... selma's hot?
    - weird ending...
    overall: same as above

in the belly of the boss:

- riboflavin-glavin!
    - well, that hurt like hell.
    - ending was perhaps scariest part of whole night
    overall: same as above as above.

good ending credits.

overall: c-. not the best THOH, but also not the worst.

gave his life for tourism Magnum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So FOX only advertised moments from this episode that were from the segment that was obviously satirical of lesser shows?

fucking brilliant

anyways, this was a 4/5 if I've ever seen one
    Quote Originally Posted by tones
    I was born with a wah-wah pedal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pancakes
    My prediction was right. This show was just too damn silly. English aliens destroying a balloon, yeah, that's really great writing, dimwits.
    you really are stupid, aren't you. its a bloody hallowe'en special- of course its going to be "silly".

stop happening

4/5. All segments were great and each and some good jokes. I just hope the rest of the episodes are as good or better.
    Season rankings (best to worst)

a solid 4/5. ned zone was the best, but all were decent. nothing stood out, really. B

Intro: Good start. Loved the alien credits.

"The Ned Zone": Hi-flippin'-larious. Great writing and gags throughout, and Homer's death scene had me rolling. Plus, the return of God was great.

"Four Beheadings and a Funeral": More funny stuff. Mao's Den of Inequity was a great scene, and even the twisted ending was funny.

"In the Belly of the Boss": Continued hilarity. Not a ripoff of "Parasites Lost" in any way, and more great writing through the whole thing. Even the ending was good, and I never say no to fullscreen credits!

Overall: A strong THOH. Possibly the best one in years. And the animation was highly above average (the scene where Homer is dancing around trying to get Ned to shoot him reminded me of Season 5 for some reason). My only gripe is that they actually seemed to overuse Kang and Kodos - it's better when they just pop in for one short and that's it. But other than that, a great start to what I foresee as being a great season.

4.5/5

Nineteen-Ninety-Something
    A webcomic about my favorite decade
    and the characters who made it interesting

Calm down ... HotMilhouse977. God, I hate having to repeat that username.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised with the episode as a whole. "The Ned Zone" is arguably the best THOH segment in years, as fas as I'm concerned. The changed accents for the family for "Four Beheadings and a Funeral" were a nice touch. Bravo to the voice actors -- it really enriched the segment.

I was disappointed with "In the Belly of the Boss" since I predicted it would be the strongest of the three. It wasn't awful, but it just seemed to drag on. I was hoping for a protest from Mr. Burns about the family entering his body or something to create conflict.

B+

Snootchie Bootchies! Kamp Krusty Kamper's Avatar

4/5. Four Beheadings and a Funeral was the best. The Belly of the Boss was the medium. Ned Zone was the worst.

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

BOO! I'm back from the dead.

Opening: Lets just say I miss when these episodes actually had to do with Halloween.

1st Segment: Very good, nothing to bitch about here
    2nd Segment: Boring, with predictable jokes (Selma not being dead, etc)
    3rd Segment: Tasteless, void of humor, and a disturbing ending. Plus, Sealab 2021 already did this Parody.

With only one good segment, I'm gonna have to give this a 2/5. D-

Thread Information