• 5/5 - A/A+

39 25.49%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R Call of the Simpsons

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

R&R Call of the Simpsons

Plot - 5/10
    Very cliche and cartoony... not much else to say about that.
    comedy - 10/10
    This is the first and one of the few times I really laughed out loud at a joke on the Simpsons. Homer being mistaken for Bigfoot, Homer trying to catch the rabbit, and Bart and Lisa playing the "What's that Odour?" were all hilarious. Definitely one of the best of season one(right after Krusty gets Busted) and a very memorable episode.

5/5 -A/A+ rounded

What do you think?

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

I agree with you, rossjman1 about the plot being cliched and cartoony. Too childish for my liking, and I didn't find the episode all that funny. I know The Simpsons has never been completely realistic, but Homer being mistaken for Bigfoot and captured just did not wash with me.

"Call Of The Simpsons" is definetely one of the funniest episodes of the first two seasons, although the episode gets slow at times, it still deserves a B+. (It was actually an A- for me, but the ending wasn't good, so it kind of pulled down the grade)

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don´t have nothing against the plot, but the timing of the gags seems a little weak now. The guy named Bob has too much lines and he´s not so funny. Anyway it was great when it first aired. I still love Maggie with the bears, the gag with the rabbit and some lines between Bart and Homer. So, perhaps a 3,7/5 or so. I rounded to 4/5 for the poll.

It has good and great jokes, but a horrible ending and a very 'meh', uninspired plot.

Very weak episode, but still nice and good enough for a 3/5.

This is not a good episode and is the second worst episode until season 10. F

Pin Pal

It's an alright episode. There were some good jokes, but Homer being mistaken for Bigfoot was too farfetched. C+/B-

Is It About My Cube?

One of the worst of the first season. Homer being mistaken for Bigfoot was too unbelievable for me. C-
    Seasons Rankings:

Stonecutter

Oh, I forgot about the Maggie subplot. I probably should have put that in my review.

I'm not very fond of the Maggie subplot. It's a lot of the same from the Tracey Ullman Shorts.

I liked the Maggie subplot, only, it didn't go anywhere

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

I thought the Maggie subplot was quite lame. The whole "making friends with bears" plot didn't work in this season's The Fat and the Furriest and it didn't work 14 years ago either.

The ending with Homer as Bigfoot was hilarious, though. Yeah, it stetches believability, but hey, it's creative license.

But overall, a C. Extremely meh.

jennifer

Last edited by jennifer; 08-01-2010 at 02:15 AM.

Stonecutter

Not great- I think we can all be glad the Simpsons didn't go in this direction. Too cartoony, and it doesn't seem like all that much more than you'd get from a standard TV show. C+/B-
    Last edited by Charmy; 10-22-2004 at 04:06 PM.

3 years late, but meh! simplysimpsons's Avatar

B. Very saturday-morning-cartoonish but still fun. A nice but wandering plot, some great gags, the Homer echo one sticks out. And I didn't mind the ending too much at all. Yet another underrated S1 episode.

A tribute to Bart Simpson

You think THAT's bad? What about that time when I was turned into a Tetris block?

jennifer

Last edited by jennifer; 08-01-2010 at 02:14 AM.

the original Sex Pistol

4/5

Banned

Nothing all that great, but a very fun and wacky episode. B+

Quote Originally Posted by buh View Post
    that is exacly right. this episode can be enjoyed by thew VERy young
    Haha. What a retard you were back...now.

for me, one of the better episodes from season 1.
    Maybe the idea for the story is not really new and this way done already many times in other shows,
    but still entertaining to see how it works out with the Simpsons.
    The episode could have needed some more gags, but it's ok.

B-

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

My Review from Tv.com

Not the greatest episode ever but another good one from swartzwelder my favourite writer.

My Favourite Quote Section:

(Homer and Bart search for a way out of the forest.)
    Homer: Through here, boy. Back to civilization.
    Bart: How do you know?
    Homer: When you're an experienced woodsman like me, you get a feel for these things. It becomes natural, like a third sense.

My Why I love this episode section – The Newspaper headlines and homers "great" forest experience make me love this episode, homer trying to catch the rabbit and it flying left me and my sister laughing for 2 hours and 43 minutes we counted it was a great joke.

Better or worse then the last episode – As much as I love the episode im going to have to say worse the introduction of Ralph Wiggum can't be topped easily but it was a very good episode john swartzwelder did a very good job.

Thanks,
    Ahh Goobras

Screw Flanders Screw Flanders Screw Flanders Screw Flanders Screw Flanders
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

great episode

B+
    Last edited by Green Man; 02-16-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Eh...this isn't really one of my first season favorites. The ending is great, as was Bob, but most of the humor and story up to that point don't do any favors for me. Though the show was still in its developing stages at this point, so I try not to be too judgmental, but even then, I like more than half the season better than this. 2.5/5

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

Didn't really care for this one. 3/5

Banned

5/5
    really good episode.especially idea with bigfoot was good.

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

4/5, i kinda wish they had made this episode a 2-parter.

Possibly one of the best holiday episodes they've ever made.

Bigfoot is inspiring. 4.5/5
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

An episode where the show felt most like a classic cartoon. The Maggie story is cute, there are a nice jokes, and this is a fairly enjoyable episode all around. Not spectacular, as I really think only one season one episode accomplishes but good for a B or B- (4/5).
    To view various lists about my Simpsons opinions, click the link below.

http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=27253

farmer's market enthusiast Dylan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is actually my favourite episode from season 1, it's quite funny, the plot is simple yet entertaining and I really enjoy it everytime I see it.(it also has pretty colours). 5/5

withered gas station rose cuckold bart's Avatar

worst episode of season one soo boring and Homer as bigfoot bleh still a C rating though

Episode was ok. One of the worst episodes written by Swartzwelder. I did happen to like the mobile home purchasing and a bit of the in the forest scene. Still very average in a great season. 3/5

The plot felt rushed and I bit too cartoonish at times. I mean, I know the Simpsons are an animated show, but that’s beside the point. However, this episode marks the first time that I laughed out loud, when Homer was trying to catch an animal to eat. Albert Brooks gives a first, and certainly not the last, cameo on the Simpsons. Not much to say but another episode of Season 1 that simply exists. 2/5

Thread Information