• 5/5

47 25.54%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: R&R [7G01] Some Enchanted Evening

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R [7G01] Some Enchanted Evening

Rate And Review [7G01] Some Enchanted Evening

i give it a 4/5 one of my all time favourite episodes , Classic one to

from now on, everyday that i log on to this messege board most friday saturday sunday i will post the results on my webiste the polls will always end in 20 days

my site http://www.geocities.com/callofthesimpsons
    STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION MAY NOT APPEAR FOR A WHILE

How can it be one of your favorites if you only give it a 4/5?

I cut it some slack for being the first episode produced. But even after the fix-ups, the animation is still horrible at many places, the writing isn't that good. C-

Crotis Jivefunk

I can't stand this episode. First off, the animation is sub par, even for season one. The characters are off a bit too, Homer's a cornball by saying Marge worships the ground he walks on, Bart and Lisa are flat, Ms Botz isn't too memorable. The only laughs were the prank call to Moe and "Local Boob." D

Hired Goon

Some people are way too harsh on this episode. I'm not going to go to the ends of the earth defending the merits of this episode, but it wasn't that bad. Yes, the animation was poor and there really weren't any laugh out loud moments, but I found it to be enjoyable for the most part despite of that. Like the vast majority of the early episodes, the flow was great and the plot was simple, direct, and to the point. Not a great episode, but hardly horrible. C.

Stonecutter

This episode is a classic

How on earth can you give it a D or a C is behond me

Great storyline. Homer is being him silly self and realises he has done wrong and takes Marge out. Homer and Marge are being in good character. Bart is up to his old tricks again and being a right menace. Lisa is also good. All very good and funny

A

I think it's enjoyable, but hardly memorable. Just "good".
    3/5

I think its overlooked for its bad animation and such. B

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

For what was the first ever episode, (production-wise), it's rather good, but otherwise it doesn't stand out as anything special. You'd be forgiven for thinking it's standard Saturday-morning cartoon fare. Ms Botz isn't the most interesting side character here, but it's intriguing to see the Simpsons and the other supporting characters and compare them to their current selves in the fifteen years that have gone by since.

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like this episode. Gosh! It was the first one I watched. And I especially like the bad animation in this one...I mean, it has some charm like The Tracey Ullman Shorts. There are some Groeniang things in this one, like The Happy Little Elves obsession. It seems most eccentric and closed in concept that today's episodes. It remains me of Life in Hell. Its a 4/5 for me.

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2.5/5 Weak stuff, not terrible just very weak.

I consider it to be one of the best of season one. It's pretty enjoyable and fun, and that isn't much I can say for the first season.
    But still it gets a 3/5.

voted for Kodos

1/5 D. Penny Marshall did a good job, and we where introduced to "Ye Olde Offramp Inn" but the entire episode seemed to be in slow motion-mode, and nothing was all that funny.

Blog Entries

Forgettable, unfunny, and silly story along with bad animation and voice work make this one fairly unenjoyable. C.

2/5 Meh, I gotta be honest. I just didn't like it, It was barely funny. C-

whaaat its the greatest well almost it has 3 guest stars as well and Ms botz is good look at my username msbotz she rules ... pure evil

3 years late, but meh! simplysimpsons's Avatar

I'm nothing short of astounded of all the extremely low grades this episode's getting, when in another thread fans are singing the praises of Bart Carny. This episode was good. Not great, but good. Featuring two prank calls, some hilarious moments (yes, I thought the "worships the ground I walk on" gag was, as was the whole Sampsons thing), and a pretty decent if formulaic plot. The only thing I could critisize was the animation, but come on people! It was the FIRST full-length episode produced! Grade: B

a malcolm and a archer

Took this from one of Wezzo's rant threads.

Some Enchanted Evening was simple. And that simplicity was what killed the episode. All the depth was taken from it with a simple plot such as this. Bart and Lisa's characters were basically the same as one another. That is to say, there were no traits that set them apart, there was no characterization to speak of as far as those two went. As for Homer and Marge's characterization, that was poor at best. Marge's anger wasn't ever really sold, and Homer was off as well. Some laughs, yes, which helps the episode, but it wasn't too good overall. C

So yeah, what Patman said, basically.

Monorail Conductor

3/5 - very unforgetable, such as it was until someone had to bring it up.
    Homer: "I call the big one Bitey."

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Barney
    This episode is a classic

How on earth can you give it a D or a C is beyond me

Great storyline. Homer is being him silly self and realises he has done wrong and takes Marge out. Homer and Marge are being in good character. Bart is up to his old tricks again and being a right menace. Lisa is also good. All very good and funny

A
    True. But they only fixed up 75% of the old animation but it's not that bad. Some of it is the best ever from Season 1 (like the basement scene, but other original animation is the worst in the shows history (but you can't blame them for that). Definitely a terrific episode, really great plot and good work considering this is the first ever Simpsons episode ever produced!!! Hard to really create an awesome episode when you don't know what works and what doesn't so you need to cut some slack. But most of you are right humor wise it's not too spectacular. Great Season 1 gem though, 4/5

Stonecutter

Animation is awful, although it was the first to be animated. The plot is alright, but very predictable and Ms. Botz is an undeveloped character, never to be heard of again. It wasn't that funny, either. 2/5 D-

Deutschland Uber Alles!! wee raging wilie's Avatar

B i kind of like the old ones myself.

back in black

Quote Originally Posted by Robertuybrush
    I think it's enjoyable, but hardly memorable. Just "good".
    3/5
    "Some Enchanted Evening" is essentially my view of an average Simpsons episode. Nothing outstanding, nothing horrible. I never LOL'd, but the plot was nice and linear. 3/5.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Galalimit

Awful episode but I can't blame them since it was their first. 2/5

NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar

Slow pacing and boring at some points, but still funny and entertaining. 3.5/5

NHC's Resident Lisa Kyoya Otori's Avatar

4.5/5

One of my favorite season 1 episodes, though I haven't seen it in awhile so I can't say much about it, except that despite bad animation, I liked the story and the jokes.

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

4/5 the animation is so shitty that it is actually almost good and fun to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing Ms. Botz again either. But it might be alittle repetitive with another prisoner, Sideshow Bob, comeing back for revenge.

FlameInNeedOfASun

Probably the last episode I've watched lately. It's a very very Simpsons-esque episode. Rewatch it, you'll see what I mean. I understand WHY the animation was bad, so I forgive it. (It used to be even worse, so be thankful.) And it's a qunitessential episode of what made the Simpsons unique. (Good story, entertaining script, "failure" ending)

Roger Waters Orthopedic Shoes Fat Psychopathic Wife's Avatar

Come on people, just because it's the first produced episode, doesn't mean you have to suck it's proverbial dick.

Weak sauce. 2/5

3/5, average episode, a good example of why I don't consider Season 1 to be part of the classic era.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are some really good things in this episode. Personally I think people just overlook them a little. The whole marriage crisis stuff was very well done, a lot more acid than it is in recent episodes. The blue thing with things is an amusing "adult" moment. Even the Happy Little Elves had some sort of arcaic charm.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

Thread Information