0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R Bart The Fink

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

R&R Bart The Fink

Great episode 5/5!

wreck on the highway

2/5, bland, boring, unfunny for the most part.

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

I found this episode average for this season because nothing particularly stands out here. The story is quite weak and becomes a little predictable in places, what with Krusty's faked death. Bob Newhart's cameo is good and mildy amusing, but the episode can quite honestly do without it. There were some inspired moments, mainly the IRS burger store, and some funny moments, like Handsome Pete's impromptu accordion playing, but overall the whole thing is rather hit-and-miss. Wezzo's right though - generally, it is a bland, boring and unfunny affair.

Stonecutter

Totally disagree, I dont find it bad AT ALL.

Its shows a great relationship between Lisa and Bart to get Krusty back. Maybe a little unfunny but whoopy its a good story line IMO
    Last edited by Drunk Barney; 08-13-2010 at 05:35 AM.

stanford, bitches (bitches referring to the bitches at stanford, not you)

By Season 7 standards it's poor, just like Two Bad Neighbors and Curse of the Flying Hellfish are, but I'd give 'em all a B, which is hardly bad at all. This was a thinly plotted, often predictable, but still funny and entertaining episode. I dunno, maybe I like Krusty episodes too much, but, yeah, B.

I've always thought this one to be one of the most underrated episodes in the show's history. The first act is full of great moments. First off when they leave the haunted house, and everyone's had one of their best sleeps in awhile, and Marge considering tacos and public broadcasting equally bad ways to spend $100. Also, the scene where Bart writes checks for everybody (along with the hilarious Hindenburg Check book he has) is great, especially Bart telling Milhouse not to cash his check until teh year 10000, followed by Milhouse looking at his watch. The humor stays fairly consistent in the 2nd and 3rd acts as well, and krusty's characterization is excellent, especially when he tells Bart that Marge is a dingbat. Lots of good moments here that continue to go unappreciated.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

B-

Is It About My Cube?

The weakest of season 7. B-
    Seasons Rankings:

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

5/5 Great Krusty characterization and good suspense.

3/5 B-

country sad ballad man

Quote Originally Posted by pocketfox
    I've always thought this one to be one of the most underrated episodes in the show's history. The first act is full of great moments. First off when they leave the haunted house, and everyone's had one of their best sleeps in awhile, and Marge considering tacos and public broadcasting equally bad ways to spend $100. Also, the scene where Bart writes checks for everybody (along with the hilarious Hindenburg Check book he has) is great, especially Bart telling Milhouse not to cash his check until teh year 10000, followed by Milhouse looking at his watch. The humor stays fairly consistent in the 2nd and 3rd acts as well, and krusty's characterization is excellent, especially when he tells Bart that Marge is a dingbat. Lots of good moments here that continue to go unappreciated.
    I agree completely, I love this episode, I feel it's another Season 7 classic (best season IMO.) Tons of great jokes (IRS Burger, "Oh Crap, I shouldn't have told...", "call me back, Ishmael", Krusty's funeral, "You could wake up dead tommorow. Well good night.", etc.) Good Bart characterization, great Krusty lines-What more could you ask for? A

Not mind-numbingly bad, but I find it really boring.
    2/5

stop happening

It was ok. Not to many good jokes, but not to bad. 3/5
    Season rankings (best to worst)

Pretty average, especially for season 7. B

pee air true dough Larson Something's Avatar

3. Pretty damn meh. Bob Newhart was the best part.

Crotis Jivefunk

Not the best episode ever, but it has its moments like IRS Burger, the Bank, and Milhouse's autograph. Lacking in plot, but I found it funny enough. B

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

A very dark episode in many ways, and quite unique because of that. I saw it today for the first time in the last 6 years, and I absolutely loved it. So many great moments, a classic episode all in all. Bob Newhart's appearence was my favorite moment of the episode, and I especialy laughed at Homer being touched by the speech. Homer provided many fantastic laughs. Bart is great as always.

Brilliant. A+

EDIT: I've just checked who wrote this episode. It was Swartzwelder. Well, now I realize why I liked the episode so much.
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

boring, not really funny, awful jokes, the haunted house thing in the begining was stupid, i dont really like this episode
    2/5

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

it was an allright episode, pretty mediocre for season 7 standards 4/5
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

it's more an average episode.
    In general the story sounds interesting, but sometimes a little bit boring and i miss some more funny moments. But Krusty is a great secondary character for me and good in this episode too.

3.5/5

4/5: It is a bit boring at times but the Bob Newhart cameo and Handsome Pete more than make up for it.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

5/5, one of John's best

For the greater good SIR oinks alot's Avatar

another classic swarzevelder ep, the plot is really clever, great gags, handsome pete and Bob newhart.

5/5
    “On my deathbed, my final wish is to have my ex-wives rush to my side so I can use my dying breath to tell them both to go to hell one last time.”

Actually going to give it a 5/5. Saw this again not too long ago and it was pretty excellent. Hilarious and great characterizations.
    To view various lists about my Simpsons opinions, click the link below.

http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=27253

the experimental prototype community of tomorrow

2/5. A bottom (low number) classic episode.

Bart is one of my top favorite characters, and I love it whenever he gets an episode, but for some reason I don't care that much for Fink. Maybe its got something to do with the episode being centered a little bit around Krusty, I'm really not for sure. But I would have to give this episode a 3/5.

Cool avatar and sig made by the awesome merzitar!

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the most underrated episodes from the classic era. I'm probably being too nice to this, and not noticing its flaws at all, but it stands out as a strong and inspiring episode whose story catches me every time. IMHO, every single thing about Bart and how he's living that new and traumatic situation is perfectly-depicted (awesomely combined with the humorous points of Homer: "Why, you could wake up dead tomorrow." LOL), and Krusty is at his best. Take the example of the scene in front of his mansion: the animation was great, the atmosphere was great, and the dialogue... I think few scenes have impressed me as much as the conversation between Krusty and Bart, with the first one revealing his worst vices to his most loyal fan. I don't know what was exactly in it that seemed so fascinating, maybe the fact that it was a children idol showing himself as a wrong model, and doing it so unequivocally with a boy who adored him.
    The whole thing about Krusty's death was great. It didn't feel too exaggerated in the plotline, and I loved how Bart was portrayed in regards to it. The mystery was perfect, too, but the solution was a bit too rushed... maybe the only noticeable mistake in the episode. And the ending with Krusty being convinced of returning to work is one of my guilty pleasures.

I don't get people who say it's unfunny, neither the complaints about the plotline. I think it was a great offering; not ultimate and probably not among the best, but anyway good enough. Another season 7 classic. 10/10
    Last edited by jal90; 11-11-2009 at 12:40 PM.

Great episode from a great season 5/5

Has glower power Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not the greatest episode. As I've said, I'm not a big Krusty fan, and this just feels weak. I haven't watched the episode in a while though, so maybe I'm missing something.

Woo Hoo! 1,500th post!

Banned

[1 year and 6 month bump]

Quite weak for Season 7's high standards. 4/5 and 7/10 is fair. LOVED the Bob Newhart appearance tho.

Thread Information