View Poll Results: R&R Who Shot Mr Burns Part one

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Shoot me I love it

149 90.30%
  • 4/5 You can still shoot me but does it have to be a baby?

12 7.27%
  • 3/5 Tempting but no

3 1.82%
  • 2/5 How about no

1 0.61%
  • 1/5 Can i shoot you>?

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: R&R Who Shot Mr Burns part one

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

R&R Who Shot Mr Burns part one

Love this one, Instant classic

5/5

A great episode. It had just the right amount of suspense, thrills, humor, and satire. Burns was characterized quite well in his evil role, and yet they made sure to inject him with humor at just the right moments. Homer and his quest to teach Burns his name was also hilarious. The buildup to the event was also executed perfectly. A perfect 5/5 from me.

the better of the two. Not a huge fan of WSMB though. A-

wreck on the highway

A+, as is part 2, as they co-exist.. I don't think it would be fair to give one a higher grade as they both need each other. Plus I love both.

By itself A
    Together A+

This is, without a doubt, one of the best episodes ever done. Burns is at his best ever, making all Springfield, even Smithers, mad at him and with good reasons (except Homer, whose reason isn't good, but hilarious, so no problem there). The tension in this episode can't be felt anywhere else in the whole show and the cliffhanger was awesome, as were the different hints scattered trough the episode. I do feel the second half is somewhat inferior, but this one gets a 5/5.
    Last edited by Robertuybrush; 04-26-2008 at 03:20 AM.

samsa

4/5 Pretty good

Blockoland Owner

Top episode 9/10.

Blog Entries

what can i say? great story, classic jokes,edge of our seats drama. Still the best episode in any series in the history of tv. 100/100

It's really a great episode for me too.
    A true classic with a memorable story and funny all the time equally.
    Think also, that Burns is great in this episode.

5/5

Instant hit both in plot and humor, the later part where Burns confronts everyone is also well done. A+

"Oh those wheels are squeeking a bit, maybe i can sell him a little oil!"

Hipness is not a state of mind, It's a fact of life!

Funny and thrilling. A
    "Evolution is silly," AJ adds. "Monkeys? Um, no."

...?

Does a great job of setting up the story and leaving clues as to who the shooter is. The second part is even better IMO.
    4/5

Why Can't We Be Friends? The Southern Dandy's Avatar

This is a masterpiece. The Simpsons has never been more dramatically effective for me than it was in this episode and its follow-up...not before them, and not since. The last time I watched them, I couldn't believe just how caught up in the story I got. They have a perfect combination of consistently dead-on gags and a relentlessly fascinating story. I savour every moment of the "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" saga. I think what I like most about it is how it features characters acting and reacting in ways that are imaginative, new, and unexpected, but also completely plausible. The superlative writing gave all of them a chance to shine. Every character involved in the episodes is written perfectly.

Dr. Colossus is a superbly ridiculous "one-shot" character, and every line he has is gold. Mr. Burns' gradual descent into "cartoonish supervillainy" is wonderful to behold. The ordeal that Smithers goes through plays out with delightful twists and turns. Moe's lie detector scene is unforgettable and ingenious. Lisa's investigation leads to one of the most inspired dream sequences in the show's history. Skinner and Chalmers have one of their best and funniest scenes together, and Homer's constant suffering at the hands of Burns' senility gives one of the show's greatest running gags a brilliant pay-off.

On top of all the fantastic character moments, the episodes also unfold a plot that somehow manages to be suspenseful, hilarious, and effortlessly involving from start to finish. The final reveal is completely satisfying because unlike many "shocking revelations" in popular fiction (especially in movies with "twist endings"), it doesn't fall into the traps of being too obvious, or so far-fetched that it comes across as a cheat engineered for shock value. The plot deftly resolves itself with an explanation that is both absurdly unlikely and completely believable, again because of stellar writing. The only thing harder for me to do than come with negatives about this episode is to remember all of its seemingly endless positives. That's why "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" parts one and two are my favourite episodes.

Top Ten:
    1. "Who Shot Mr. Burns?"
    2. "The Way We Was"
    3. "Summer of 4 Ft. 2"
    4. "Boy Scoutz in the Hood"
    5. "Bart's Comet"
    6. "Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song"
    7. "Lisa On Ice"
    8. "Bart Sells His Soul"
    9. "Homer at the Bat"
    10. "Lisa's Pony"

Uhhh....I'll be back! Pruh-Probably.

it was the last epidsode i watched after an entire day of craming Season 6 in...but its an A

A++
    One of the best episodes ever
    So many clues
    and the commentary is also one of the best!!!

5/5. A terrific episode.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

owns the Weegee Death Stare SuperGamerTD's Avatar

I love this episode. Plus, when you think Simpsons, don't you immediatley think of this episode?

5/5

I survived the Monorail TerwilligerBob's Avatar

Can't find the words to descibe it: so hilarious, so clever, so well-characterized, so well-plotted, so Simpson-esque, so classic...Everything, from exploding oil well to the town's reaction to the shooting is brilliant. This is also without a doubt among the funniest episodes ever, the kind that keeps you laughing constantly, the laugh from one hilarious joke overlapping the laugh from the next, and the gags and wit and random hysteria come so fast and hard and crowded that you wind up gasping on the floor, afraid you're going to have a heart attack and yelling "Stop for just a goddamn second!". And clever? Oh yes. And Mr. Burns is in top gear here, at the height of evil greed and scheming. The build-up is fantastic, and the escalating zanyness and running gags are excecuted flawlessly. One of my favorite episodes ever. 5/5
    "Attention Duelists!"

the original Sex Pistol

A+

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of my all-time favourite episodes and better than the second part.

5/5.

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

easily an A+
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

5/5 - a great episode and enjoyed it very much

Best episode of Season 6.

Great episode, a fine example of a more sensational story done right. Funny stuff with the oil being discovered, Burns' 1000g weight ("Sounded large when I ordered it") and a very well-done mystery to boot. 5/5
    "How could this have happened?
    We started out like Romeo & Juliet but it ended up in tragedy..."
    - Milhouse Van Houten

one of the best Simpsons eisodes, IMO. Packed with a lot of jokes, a cool storyline, and to top it off with a mystery to solve at the end. "i certainly can't figure this out, can you?". 5/5

One of my absolute favourites. Up there with such classics as Last Exit to Springfield and Homer the Great

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    the better of the two. Not a huge fan of WSMB though. A-
    Same here. Great episodes, but neither appear on my Top 10.

NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar

I rewatched this recently, and it didn't hold up particularly well. Going in, I expected an epic ride through a complex and captivating story, but by the time Burns got shot, I was left feeling dissatisfied. It was pretty good, well-written and all, but not as great or groundbreaking or masterful as I once thought...It just felt like an ordinary episode and nothing too special. Maybe I need to watch Part 2 again to get a feel for the whole story instead of just Part 1.

the original Sex Pistol

A brilliant episode, easily a 5/5 or A.

Thread Information