View Poll Results: Jailed!

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5: Lock me up! I love it!

31 26.72%
  • 4: Pretty nice place, but it's hard to get cigarettes.

53 45.69%
  • 3: An ok prison, but I'll break out.

26 22.41%
  • 2: An outrage! Free Mandela!

4 3.45%
  • 1: I'd rather drop soap in the shower than watch this!

2 1.72%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: Marge in Chains

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

biennial playoff contender Rowdy's Avatar

Rate and Review: Marge in Chains

Prison was never so much fun. Only fault is that it jumps around a bit too much at times for my tastes. B+

another that didn't seem like it belonged in season 4, just not a classic, but still a good episode. B+

Crotis Jivefunk

Season four's worst. The plot's incoherent, it is funny, albeit the funniest jokes come in the first act. B-

Hired Goon

I actually thought this episode was pretty funny (although there wasn't an episode in season 4 that wasn't at least pretty funny), but the story became dull and uninteresting as it progressed. As Strong Sad said, the best jokes came from the first act, such as Flanders watching "Married...With Children", the whole beginning with the juice loosener, and Homer inside Mr. Burns' germ-free isolation chamber), however the rest of the episode had some good laugh out loud moments, such as Frink proving Marge was present at JFK's assassination, the Jimmy Carter statue, and the Simpson house becoming a mess without Marge.

Although the plot tended to wander at times, I believed that it was a hilarious episode, which also included another great Lionel Hutz appearance that I just remembered to mention now. Pretty good stuff, actually. A-.

Blockoland Owner

8/10

wreck on the highway

It's not bad.. but it's not good. B-, 3/5. It's funny, but the plot is pretty meh and the characterization is off. Plus I've seen it too much.

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

This is an example of one of those episodes that is very funny, but lacks substance. It's nothing more than a crazy bunch of stuff that happens. But as I said, it is very funny, the humor is what saves it, and I just can't get enough of the courtroom scenes and Arnie Pie throwing up over a sunbathing Otto.

The episode scream average to me, not bad, not great, one of the worst in season four. 2.5/5 C-

stop happening

3/5. Not that good of an episode. It had a couple of good jokes and that was pretty much it.
    Season rankings (best to worst)

Stonecutter

Eh. This episode suffers a lot from taking too long to get to it's point. It takes two acts for Marge to finally get jailed, so when she finally does get there there isn't much time to explore how the family functions without her. The Osaka Virus bit was hilarious, and some of the court room scenes are great, but overall it comes off as an empty gag episode. B

stanford, bitches (bitches referring to the bitches at stanford, not you)

Best court scenes in the show's history, but otherwise, nothing really stands out...maybe "OJ, morphine, Lobo". Nothing bad either, with some decent humor, a little above average. B-

This is probably one of the weaker season 4 episodes, but all that really means is that it wasn't a brilliant episode. But, it was an above-average episode. Sure, the best gags are in act one, but the rest of the episode has some nice moments. Marge's trial, her stay in prison, and the house's collapse without her all made for some good gags, such as Homer wearing Marge's wedding dress or his devil costume. Granted, this is more of a farce than anything, and as such, it does its job. Oh yeah, and Lionel Hutz, as always, was great. What more can you ask for? A-

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A 3/5. If we were talking about a new episode with this plot I think I wouldn´t like it. Much of the fun in this episode comes from good characterization and Lionel Hutz´s lines, but the plot is kind of poor and some of the gags like the crocodile in the toilet are too weird for me and not very funny.

Galalimit

Really funny, espically the house scenes after Marge went to jail. 4/5

3/5. Good, just not too keen on the sudden 'bring Marge back' ending.
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

The weakest season 4 episode, but I still enjoyed it. It's not awful. 4/5.

Long ago forgotten... Fallin2hell's Avatar

Not one of the best season 4 episodes but still pretty good. 3.5/5 (rounded up to 4)

Not the best of Season 4. 4/5.

Judge: "Mr. Hutz, do you realize you're not wearing any pants?"
    Hutz: "What? Gargh!"

4/5 Alright. Season 4 had much better.

Now with More Testicles. do what donny dont does's Avatar

U are all blind. This episode is a pure classic. Best courtroom scene ever.

Pretty funny, kind of a boring and weak plot though. 3/5 B-

Blog Entries

Not great, but not bad. There were a few funny jokes, such as Homer saying that his name was Mr. Burns in front of him. However, I think that the execution of the plot was kind of weak. 3/5.

I survived the Monorail TerwilligerBob's Avatar

Let me just say this, because I don't have the time to go on a rant about the comic genius of this episode. I'll just say that this is one of a handful of episodes that are so insanely funny that I have to make specially viewing preparations beforehand when they come on TV. I literally come close to death when I watch this episode. And the ending gag....I can't adequately decribe its almost impossible hilarity, but I kid you not when I say that I laughed for nearly fifteen minutes straight, and became actually, seriously afraid that I might suffocate or suffer heart failure. Does that give you a good picture of my opinion? 5/5, A+
    "Attention Duelists!"

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

4/5, as usual Phil Hartman has the most memorable scenes of the episode as Lionel Hutz.

Underrated. It takes a a nosedive in Act 3 where the hilarious story becomes rather unfunny, but like TerwilligerBob said, Lionel Hutz absolutely steals the show in this.

a great episodes and one of my favorites in general.
    The story is really funny and the idea to send Marge to prison is hilarious.
    Also many good gags, for example i like the one with Homer in the devil halloween costume a lot

A

A

Great episode from start to finish.

The 'Juice Loosener' sequence was filled with great gags, as was the ensuing few moments as the flu reached Springfield. The episode as a story worked well, I thought. The court case was also good, and an episode that could so easily have got out of hand and distorted due to a number of plotlines, didn't. Phil Hartman gave one of his best performances as Lionel Hutz. It worked very well. More or less a classic.

the original Sex Pistol

It wasn't very memorable, but i rewatched it recently and I liked it a lot. It had some funny jokes and a great Phil Hartman as Mr Hutz. B+

Blog Entries

Overall, it's funny but not all that memorable. Lionel Hutz's parts, however, really push the episode up a notch. The "world without lawyers" bit is one of my favorites in the whole series!

An average Season 4 episode...making it a great Season 11 episode...making it the best Family Guy episode ever!

4.5/5 (rounded up in the poll), B+/A-
    Living In a Rock and Roll Fantasy--my music review blog
    Most recent review--The Who's My Generation (12/15)

9 simple words my friend

"All that juice with only one bag of oranges?"

Anyways, its a very funny episode that is so random, its funny. The scene with Dr. Nick, Troy, and the juicer is one of my all time favorites. 5/5

Thread Information