View Poll Results: What do you give the episode?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5: I Love "I Love Lisa"!

146 74.87%
  • 4: I choo-choo-choose this episode!

41 21.03%
  • 3: I like stuff.

7 3.59%
  • 2: Let's bee friends.

0 0%
  • 1: It's in the tunk.

1 0.51%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: "I Love Lisa"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

biennial playoff contender Rowdy's Avatar

Rate and Review: "I Love Lisa"

Ralph Rules + There are only two Ralph focused episodes = Therefore, both are amazing classics. This is the better of the two because Season Four = Season Nine - Wacky. Laughs + Heart + Bart = A+.

Hired Goon

You hit the nail on the head with your wacky mathematical equations. This episode truly had everything you could ask for: Ralph's crush and the inevitable heartbreak, and a deeper exploration into Ralph's character, showing that he's more than just funny lines, that he has real feelings. Of course, this episode did have its fair share of Ralphisms, but it was a good episode in that it was more than that, that it had a heart and it had emotion and was funny. I give it an A+.

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

For the most part, some brilliant stuff. The important part of this episode is that it fleshes Ralph's character out, making him more than simply a one-dimensional character. His rejection by Lisa is something we've all felt and expect to feel time and time again. Therefore, the emotion is bang on. The humor is also effective but things peter out in the third act. While much of it was good and the episode ended on a good note, the third act didn't feel as good on the humor front as the first two, although it rightly concentrated on drama and emotion.

Crotis Jivefunk

I can't add anything more, except for a letter grade. A

A+
    It probably has my favourite "sentimental" ending (besides Mother Simpson), where it doesn't get too cheesy yet remains touching. And I love Monster Mash.

Stonecutter

I second Dr. Z's motion- the Monster Mash is great. A great gag, that was.

A nice episode. It fleshes out Ralph, delivers some nice gags (and classic Ralphisms), and makes for some decent emotion and drama. No real complaints. A

stop happening

Great episode, that is all there is to say. 5/5
    Season rankings (best to worst)

Another A-. Good but not great.

Blockoland Owner

8/10. Another good season 4 episode

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

Perfection. A+

wreck on the highway

Hehe, great equations Rowdy. Fantastic episode, as Ralph is one of the best characters on the show. Great all round. A+

The best characterization on Ralph that the series has ever known. He was the lovable little kid that, while stupid, was still likable. That contributes to the greatness of the episode. Lisa's characterization was great--albeit, a bit harsh--especially the way she redeemed herself in the end. The play was funny, as was the song. Homer explaining ways to let Ralph down gently to Lisa was hilarious, for some reason ("'I don't want to kill you but I will', 'Me no speak English'..."). Of course, this is an emotional episode, one of the best, and the humor only adds to the brilliance of the episode. And, the whole "Monster Mash" ending was a hilarious way to end a great episode. Like I've said numerous times before: great characterization+great emotion+great humor=great episode. An A+ all the way.

Episodes about side characters are hit and miss for me, rarely producing the same results I would expect from episodes that center solely on a Simpson family member (or multiple family members). This is one of the biggest exceptions, and amazingly turns Ralph into a genuinely empathetic character (as opposed the catch phrase vehicle he's become as of late). Hilarious and moving, one of my favorite episodes ever, at least in my top 20 I would think. A+
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

A Ralph is great and the emotion is wonderful. In addition, this is a much funnier episode than I remember and the song Monster Mash is hysterical.

Hasta la vista, Abey

5/5

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

5/5 ¡Muy chu-chu-chuli!
    Note: That´s the way they translate in spanish the "I choo-choo-choose you" line: "Tú eres muy chu-hu-chuli" . "Chuli" means "great" in a lame, kids-talk, Flanders-like slang.

Monorail Conductor

Bart, do you want to act like a maniac or do you want to play John Wilkes Booth?

Galalimit

One word: Hiliarious! 5/5

5/5. Wonderful as a Ralph episode, great as a Lisa episode.
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

Wonderfully enjoyable episode, this is where Ralph really shined for the first time. 5/5.

Long ago forgotten... Fallin2hell's Avatar

Very funny with a sweet ending. The scene where Lisa breaks Ralph's heart nearly broke mine as well. 5/5

All around fun. 5/5.

Lisa: "That story isn't suitable for children."
    Chief Wiggum: "Really? I keep my pants on in this version."

5/5

That's like your 3rd bump I've noticed in this section Silverlimit, stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachy
    That's like your 3rd bump I've noticed in this section Silverlimit, stop.
    Wow, you've only noticed 3? Practically every poll on page 1 and 2 is from 2004. It's not that bad, though, it's better than having the same polls made over and over and over and over again.

5/5 awesome episode.

One of my favorite Lisa episodes shows you don't have to be smart in order to have a heart. Truly another brilliant Simpson’s episode of it's time, I give it an 5/5

Galalimit

Quote Originally Posted by Butters
    Wow, you've only noticed 3? Practically every poll on page 1 and 2 is from 2004. It's not that bad, though, it's better than having the same polls made over and over and over and over again.

Exactly, the mods are against there being more than one thread made for the exact same subject. That's why there's so many locked threads.

Just hook it to my veins!

This was the very first episode that I ever watched on Fox, so it has a sentimental value to me. It is definately in my top 10 eps of all time, not to mention for the fact that as you guys have already said that it is one of the classics.

No wonder he won Minnesota. Sarcastic Guy II's Avatar

5/5 without a doubt. Anything less is wrong.

Very funny, very cute and it exhibits how Ralph is supposed to be, not just a one-liner kind of character.
    I was saying "Boo-urns."

Season 19 Ratings:
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - A
    The Homer of Seville - C+
    Midnight Towboy - A+
    I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - A

back in black

Best Ralph episode ever. It's a classic, one of Season 4's best, and for once I'm not arguing with anyone else's review. 5/5.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Thread Information