View Poll Results: How would you rate "Selma's Choice"?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5 - Awful

0 0%
  • 2/5 - Mediocre

3 2.65%
  • 3/5 - Good

11 9.73%
  • 4/5 - Excellent

35 30.97%
  • 5/5 - Fantastic

64 56.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review "Selma's Choice"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

wreck on the highway

Rate and Review "Selma's Choice"

Episode 13!

Possibly S4's weakest, with a less-than-memorable plot and slightly lacking in the humour department. The Duff Gardens scenes are great, though, and the final scenes are still quite touching, but regardless, a B-

Previous S4 R&R's:
    Kamp Krusty
    A Steetcar Named Marge
    Homer The Heretic
    Lisa The Beauty Queen
    Treehouse Of Horror III
    Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie
    Marge Gets A Job
    New Kid On The Block
    Mr Plow
    Lisa's First Word
    Homer's Triple Bypass
    Marge VS The Monorail

Crotis Jivefunk

Not as good as the previous eight episodes or so, but still great. Features some good characterization and emotional development for Selma, and some good satire on Disney Parks. Grade: A

stop happening

5/5. Can't find any flaws in it, great one all around.
    Season rankings (best to worst)

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

I wouldn't say it's a weak episode by all means, but the fact that this more down-to-Earth episode comes hot on the heels after the likes of Marge VS. The Monorail makes a small difference due to its comparative lack of action. That doesn't stop it being good though. Jolly nice to see an episode centering on non-Simpson family member. Selma is characterized very well. The subplot with Homer being too ill to go to Duff Gardens gels well with the main plot of Selma wanting a child, being forced to look after Bart and Lisa. Overall, a very good episode that deserves more praise than it generally receives.

Blockoland Owner

8/10. Top Episode.

Very good. 4/5

$1 naughtier than most

Quote Originally Posted by Wezzo
    Episode 13!

Possibly S4's weakest, with a less-than-memorable plot and slightly lacking in the humour department.
    BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

Obe of S4's best episodes and one of the funniest episodes in the history of the series. In my top 50, certainly.

Not exactly one of my favorites, but not bad, of course. 4/5.
    *lack of sig'd*

Hired Goon

Not a very memorable episode in my opinion, but still it had some good moments. On paper, it seems like a wacky adventure episode featuring Bart, Lisa, and Selma at Duff Gardens. But in all actuality it was a very funny episode with an entertaining plot and a Homer/Marge subplot that held its own and served its purpose. While not a classic episode, it's always good for a few laughs. A-.

I never thought much of this one, until I watched it recently on my Season 4 DVD. The plot works well, and fits with Selma's character. The subplot worked well, too. I always laugh everytime we see Homer's stupid sandwich, probably for no reason (although it did allow for some funny lines). Lisa's hallucination was probably the most memorable part of the episode for me ("I am the Lizard Queen!"). And, as Patman said, this one was down-to-Earth in some respects, and not as wacky as you would expect. Still, this is probably one of the weaker episodes of season 4. But, a "weak" episode in season 4 ain't all that bad. A-

5/5 Very nice.

biennial playoff contender Rowdy's Avatar

A+....it was funny all the way through.....there really wasn't one scene that I didn't enjoy....in the upper half of the season for sure.

I haven't seen it in quite a while and barely remember it. nothing stood out in this episode for me. 3/5

However, if I see it again my rating would probably be higher

pee air true dough Larson Something's Avatar

About a 4.5. Lots of funny for the money. Lisa as "The Lizard Queen," Homer vs. the sandwich, Beer Goggles, 101 Frozen Pops. Somehow short of a classic, yet always enjoyable.

very good. A

Stonecutter

One of the weaker Season 4 episodes, as if that really means anything. Still gives us some nice humour, a little emotion, etc. Some pretty nice stuff. A-

This is one of the most underrate episodes ever. Selma is the most underrate chararcter on the show. Unlike Patty, she is reasonable and funny because of her search for a man. She can be reached like in I Married Marge. Back to the episode. Many people think that it was the worst of the season, I have to disagree. The subplot with Homer and the sub was brilliant and well executed, the main plot was good, not great. Lisa on drugs is still one of my personal favorite moments in the show, and the ending is a good parody.

I am the lizard queen!
    My second favourite episode behind Homer the Heretic. The whole Duff Gardens scene is classic as is Homer and the hogie.

Just another reason why Season 4 is the best.

5/5

Obama 4 Pres.

a really good Simpsons episode and for me i guess the best Selma episode.
    The story is really good and interesting to follow, my favorite part is the visit at Duff gardens too. Really funny moments like the one with the Lizard Queen aka Lisa. Also the sub-plot with Homer was at least ok.

B+

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

the troy macclure moments and overall, anything from phil hartman really made the episode memorable other than the disneyland parodies. 4/5

Overall, a pretty funny episode and not all that wacky, but of course has its moments. Definitely an A-. Still great!

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

somewhat weak but still able to make it through on a regular basis

the experimental prototype community of tomorrow

4/5. Not the best of Season 4, but theres alot of hilarious stuff in this one.

5/5 Love almost everything about Duff Gardens. Homer and the sandwich is a good storyline as well, and I actually care about Selma in this one.

For the greater good SIR oinks alot's Avatar

the funeral part was kind of boring(with the exception of lionel hutz) but once the plot went moving, l loved it.

4.5/5
    “On my deathbed, my final wish is to have my ex-wives rush to my side so I can use my dying breath to tell them both to go to hell one last time.”

the original Sex Pistol

4/5. Certainly not one of the highlights of the season, but it's nevertheless a really enjoyable episode.

Chatting Simpsons Since 1993 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

I have always adored this episode. Clearly doesn't get enough appreciation. Can't think of a Selma-focused episode I've consistently enjoyed more.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: sung

I gave this a 5/5.

''I am The Lizard Queen''

This episode is a great and enjoyable episode. My 2nd favorurite episode of Season 4.

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not one of the most memorable, but it's flawless. One laugh after another (Duff Gardens, the funeral, Lisa The Lizard Queen, Hans Moleman), and some legitimate drama in the figure of Selma as a single woman whose chances to make a family decrease throughout the years. A low (if this grade admits this expression) 10/10.

niemand wollte schlagerstars Zenmiester's Avatar

Watched this again recently. I found it interesting that the bullying triumvirate (triumpuerate?) was called "hoodlums". First, nobody would call them so today. Then, they're not really hoodlums. Maybe because their soft side has been shown so many times for comedic value, or, because they're much more average teenagers today.

Thread Information