View Poll Results: How would you rate "Marge Gets A Job"?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5 - Awful

1 0.75%
  • 2/5 - Mediocre

4 3.01%
  • 3/5 - Good

26 19.55%
  • 4/5 - Excellent

58 43.61%
  • 5/5 - Fantastic

44 33.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review "Marge Gets A Job"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

wreck on the highway

Rate and Review "Marge Gets A Job"

Day 7, Episode 7!

Not a bad episode; but one that would be quite forgettable were it not for Tom Jones' hilarious guest appearance. A good story, but lacking in humour sometimes. B+

Past threads:
    Kamp Krusty
    A Steetcar Named Marge
    Homer The Heretic
    Lisa The Beauty Queen
    Treehouse Of Horror III
    Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie

stop happening

It was an ok episode. It had some funny parts, but not a lot. I still like where marge becomes a cop better.

3.5/5
    Season rankings (best to worst)

Pin Pal

A good episode 4/5

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

I greatly enjoyed this one. Tom Jones was a brilliant guest star, lampooning himself perfectly. As for Homer and Marge working together, equally brilliant. OK, the story isn't the best, but there is plenty of humor that balances everything out, and with Season Four, as long as there's humor, you will have a brilliant episode, no matter what.

Crotis Jivefunk

Not too bad, it's very funny and Tom Jones is charming. 4.5/5

Blockoland Owner

pretty good episode, some good funny scenes. 7/10

Is It About My Cube?

Pretty good episode. A good guest appearence from Tom Jone's. B+
    Seasons Rankings:

This episode is very forgettable, and is not often shown on TV, but altogether, I give it a 3.5/5...

All of The General's signatures are hosted by ImageShack

Stonecutter

Probably the least memorable S4 episode. Below average for its time, but still very good overall. B+

country sad ballad man

Very contrived plot, but this was a consistently hilarious episode. However, I do agree it's very forgettable. I just watched it a week ago and I can barely remember any of the gags. A-

Ughh...unfortunately I'm in the minority here...

Well, anyway, I really liked this one. The idea of the house tilting to one side, forcing Marge to get a job, is a bit far-fetched, but still funny. The song honoring Burns was, again, a classic moment as well as a pretty good parody. There were many other funny moments, and the sub-plot with Bart ends up being pretty enjoyable as well. But characterization on Burns is what makes this episode great. I liked how they put a spin on the character, making him very human; less of a tyrant and more of a normal person whom you can relate to. His attraction to Marge, while a bit unrealistic, was still pretty well-done. The scene in which Homer sticks up for his wife, making Burns realize that he loves her too (and thus gives Marge and Homer the night of their lives), is a great way to end the story, as well as a great way to end up making Burns a likable guy in the end. And, as we all know, Tom Jones's charm made this episode all the better.

5/5

Blog Entries

This episode seems to lag and lacks quite a bit in the humor department, but it's not all that bad. In the midst of trying to make Burns look like a normal human being, his crush on Marge seems to be a little creepy at times. Still some good moments in here though. The whole foundation problem was hilarious and Troy McClure/Lionel Hutz's appearances were great as always. Still probably my least favorite episode of Season 4 though, B.

Hired Goon

Not a bad episode, but not up to the standards with the best of season 4. It did have some hilarious moments, like funny hat day and the moments with Tom Jones. Plot was kind of unoriginal, but I thought it was pretty funny. Respectable B+.

a 24 hour party person

good but not great, the tom jones appearance brings it up to a B+
    "The Chinese junkies will get you in the end" - jim morrison

Another good episode, 4/5. The song Smithers does at the end is... well its... you know...

Power Plant Employee: I am the angle of death. The time of purification is at hand.

This Is Dizzy Stuff, Folks duffless89's Avatar

Wellity-wellity-wellity. Um...... A-

thank you based god SideshowTim's Avatar

Very funny episode with some memorable moments in it. However, its not the best of season 4. A-

Stonecutter

Quite a forgettable episode I must admit, I really don't like the wackiness of the house on a tilt also. Some good jokes pull it through though - B

It was pretty good but I think this was on my '10 worst of 1-8' list. I'd give it a B-

One of the worst episodes from season four. The Bart subplot brings up the grade. C

Pretty lame for its time. Bart's subplot is dull and unfunny, and kept making me anxious to get back to the main story. There's some scenes that don't work and aren't funny (the Curie-zillas, Homer getting angry with Surly Joe for no real reason when he returns to fix the house, Smithers toiling in the bathroom). The actual story of Marge working at the power plant is almost an afterthought in the epiode -- there are very few scenes of her actually on the job, and we don't see any scenes of her with Homer at work, which could have been funny and explored her relationship to Homer in a unique setting. Burns' love for Marge is a bit rushed and underdeveloped. There's a small handful of good jokes (Flanders being a little more slanted than usual; "I am the Angel of Death", everything with Tom Jones). All things considered, it's an episode that was made at the show's peak and had a good concept, but wasted the opportunity to be a classic. B-
    Season rankings: 4, 7, 2, 3, 6, 5, 8, 15, 1, 16, 9, 14, 13, 17, 12, 10, 11

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with George Cauldron. I also agree with Hydro´s critic...I think the plot could be better but as GC said in season 4 (and 3,and 5, and 6...) as long as there´s humor the episodes are funny and quite memorable. I used to dislike Bart´s subplot, but lately I have changed my opinion about it and I think it´s quite entertaining. 4/5 or so.

Monorail Conductor

Mediocre at best. 2/5
    Homer: "I call the big one Bitey."

It's like swallowing Draino

Wow...I'm also in the minority here. I adore this episode, even if it did feel a tad rushed in places. There were some great jokes in here (ie. the tribute to Jack Marley which turns out to be for Mr. Burns, Lionel Hutz running out of Burns' office screaming in terror after seeing his team of lawyers, that dream: the one where you're in bed and they fly in through the window), and Tom Jones did a hillarious send-up of himself. It was also one of those episodes, in my mind at least, where Burns had a slightly more sympathetic portrayal. His "human" side wasn't showcased as heavily here as it was in "Rosebud", but it was still hinted at well enough.

Overall: 4/5

Not as bad as the above posts suggest, in my opinion, not spectacular, but pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Nigga Storage
    steve scrivlelaopfjiore, harleenquinn, spikeyhairedhooligan, and ppoi are actually all the same poster.

Totally agree with Scrivello, so-so plot movement, mixed with great gags.

8/10

4/5, or a B+. It's very heavy on jokes, which is it's only really strong point. The plot really lacks focus, as it changes from the slanted house, to Marge getting a job, and then to Mr. Burns' crush on Marge, and it's all tied loosely together by a rather dull subplot. Even if the plot has issues, the episodes itself is great for laughs, thus a high average grade.

I'm Checkin' in

3/5 one of the bad episode's from a great season.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

B+/A- episode, one of the best ever Willie moments, I also love the Tibor jokes
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Junior Camper

B+ Great premise for an episode and it works. Heavy on gags and high entertainment value
    Maybe it's the beer talking but you've got a butt that won't quit

check oot my band, can't beat a beat of Scottish pop punk. That's me on the right

http://www.bebo.com/grp/Grp.jsp?GrpT...pId=1338712477

Forgettable, the ending was horrible, the subplot was a rushed redo, the Curie flashback destroyed the pace, but it still has Simpson's charm. Not in the top 50%, but somewhat enjoyable. Kinda like Mr. Deeds.

Sat Rating: B
    OB Rating: 45
    There's a thin line between clever and stupid...
    Take that, Lisa's beliefs!

Thread Information