View Poll Results: How would you rate this ep?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5 - Awful

0 0%
  • 2/5 - Mediocre

0 0%
  • 3/5 - Good

14 10.29%
  • 4/5 - Excellent

31 22.79%
  • 5/5 - Fantastic

91 66.91%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review "Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

wreck on the highway

Rate and Review "Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie"

Day 6, Episode 6!

Yet another classic, firmly in the A range. The scenes featuring 1920's Itchy and Scratchy are hilarious, and the plot is remarkably simple, yet great.

Past threads:
    Kamp Krusty
    A Steetcar Named Marge
    Homer The Heretic
    Lisa The Beauty Queen
    Treehouse Of Horror III

stop happening

Great episode, love the ending going into the future and Bart finally being able to see the movie. 5/5
    Season rankings (best to worst)

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

Fantastique! I just love this episode. Full of great witty lines courtesy of Homer, plenty of action, and plenty of cartoon violence. The Steamboat Willie parody is simply hilarious, and pretty much everything Homer says in this episode is a classic line to be remembered. The bonding between Bart and Homer at times is written well and his attempt to make Bart's punishment last reminds me how much The Simpsons used to be about families, rather than one crazy adventure after another. Maggie being able to drive a car in downtown Springfield defies belief, but that aside, great stuff. A laugh from beginning to end.

a 24 hour party person

excellent episode and one of bart's best:
    A
    "The Chinese junkies will get you in the end" - jim morrison

In the field of stupidity. Steve Allen's Avatar

A-

Another classic episode.

Born To Be Wild!

Excellent classic. 4.5/5

Hired Goon

Forgot how funny this episode was until I watched it the other day. I laughed my ass off at the random "Al Capone dancing the Charleston on top of a flagpole" gag the most. Not much to say other than it was a good, funny episode. A-.

Stonecutter

I have to agree with Patman- "Al Capone dancing the Charleston on top of a flagpole" is classic. A very funny episode, and the infamous guest-stars reference is always good for a laugh. The only thing I could complain about is that there's nothing about the plot that makes it really special. A/A-.

Is It About My Cube?

Another great episode from the fourth season. A
    Seasons Rankings:

A classic episode, 5/5, I also enjoy the end, especially the titles of one of the movies showing:

Rocky 5000

Pin Pal

A great episode. 4/5 B+

This is one of those episodes that is often a little overshadowed by others and rarely gets mentioned for one reason or another in the various Simpsons nerd discussions. That's a shame, because its really a great one. It presents a good take on a conventional sitcom idea and the story is generally interesting. And boy is the humor great in this one; Bart's escapades with Grandpa's teeth, the blood dripping billboard....and the news report about the history of Itchy and Scratchy, and Maggie's joyride, are some of my favorite moments in the series. This episode even has probably the most unfortunate and funniest syndication cut of season four: the propaganda cartoon with Itchy and Scratchy versus Hitler.

A
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

Crotis Jivefunk

It's been said, but it displays some good Bart and Homer conflict, as well as great parodies and one liners. 5/5 Another season 4 classic.

Blockoland Owner

Another great episode in season 4. 8/10

Stonecutter

I love this episode. A true classic! A*

Personally, I never thought too much of this episode because, as DtB said, there are some other season 4 episodes that tend to overshadow it. But, after watching it last week-courtesy of my fourth season DVD-I realized just how great it is. The best thing about this episode (as is the case with many Swartzwelder episodes) is how outrageous amounts of violence (the Itchy and Scratchy cartoons), parodies (the Steamboat Itchy cartoon), and humor (Homer throughout the entire episode) are blended so well with good characterization and a good plot. I mean, Homer is great as a character in this one, trying to be a good dad. He is likable, and never comes off looking bad when he punishes Bart. But he's also in great form comedically. I love the scene in the beginning of the episode:

Marge: Now be good for Grandpa while we're at the parent-teacher meeting.
    We'll bring back dinner.
    Lisa: What are we gonna have?
    Homer: Well that depends on what your teachers say. If you've been good,
    pizza. If you've been bad...uh...let's see...poison.
    Lisa: What if one of us has been good and one of us has been bad?
    Bart Poison pizza.
    Homer Oh,no! I'm not making two stops!

All of the characters are in great form, but Homer is definitely at his best. Not to use too many examples, but I also laughed out loud at Homer's "I like stories." The reading just kills me.

Besides that, there are also great Itchy and Scratchy moments. The whole report on the history of Itchy and Scratchy is hilarious, with the unjustly un-syndicated Hitler cartoon being the high-point of it all.

But, no matter how funny the show is, you have to love the father/son story. It's never forced or contrived and is always real. The ending, set in the future, is really sweet, in a way. You can see how great Homer and Bart's bond is. And the last line does this episode full justice:

Homer: Which one's the mouse?
    Bart: Itchy.
    Homer: Itchy's a jerk.
    Bart: Yeah.

Overall, a classic:A+

*forgive the overuse of quotes in this review. I just couldn't help it...

Blog Entries

This episode is great. It's chock full of some of the best Simpsons moments of all time, and never gets old. Bart seems quite a bit more wild in this episode than in previous ones, but in the context of the story it works perfectly. Actually i just (and by just, i mean it ended five minutes ago) watched this episode for the first time in a long, long time, and it has to be up there as one of the most hilarious simpsons episodes ever. Gotta go with the A+.

thank you based god SideshowTim's Avatar

It's a great episode, the thing I love about it is that most of the jokes never get old. It's one of those episodes that you can watch over and over again without getting sick of seeing it. It has a strong story line and the jokes are excellent. A

This is a great episode. I'm glad the DVD showed the Hitler cartoon that was cut from syndication. My favorite segment was pretty much the whole report done by Kent Brockman about the history of Itchy & Scratchy, with "That Happy Cat," "Steamboat Itchy," and the real life itchy and scratchy.

Another great line, "The trick is to say that you are prejudiced against all races."
    Wicked.

Stonecutter

One of the most overlooked Simpsons episodes in this board I feel. An great episode, if not a classic and as Tim said a storyline that you can watch over and over again - A-

One of the most underrate Simpsons episodes not a classic, but close. B+

hmmm, missed this one. I personally thought this was a great episode, certainly the best I&S episode. A+

Stonecutter

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Jay
    One of the most underrate Simpsons episodes not a classic, but close. B+
    Wait, you say it's underrated, but you just gave it the lowest grade of anyone here?

Gah! Mixed messages!

Classic.

Definitely a classic (A)

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like it, but perhaps not THAT much. Anyway only for Itchy and Scratchy sketches it deserves a 5/5. For some reason I don´t find such perfect the Bart/Homer story.
    Last edited by Cartoonnetwork; 10-21-2004 at 12:47 PM.

jennifer

Last edited by jennifer; 08-01-2010 at 02:15 AM.

This is an very funny episode with many funny parts, several great lines and a good plot, and thats no surprise since it comes from the excellent Season 4. The short history of Itchy and Scratchy was interesting to see and the ending of the episode is quite unusual but it works well; old Homer's feeble "d'oh" is great.

5/5

This episode always seemed to me to be an underrated gem. It's a hilarious episode but it also has this wonderful Bart/Homer story, that makes the episode even better. I think this episode has one of the best characterizations of Homer. When he's punishing Bart, he still remains likable. You can sympathize with him as Homer's really trying this time to be a good father and he's really pushing for Bart to make a turn-around, and not in a pushy or obnoxious way. I also like how he doesn't give into Bart and stays firm.

And even though Bart's acting very jerky in this episode, you still manage to feel kind of bad for him, because the movie obvioulsy means a lot to him. I think the ending scenes are my favorite part though. Both of them "won"; Homer by staying on his ground and Bart ending up as a chief justice. The last exchange (before the flashforward) is really sweet.

5/5
    "Alright, alright, if it will make you happy, I'll overthrow society."

Not that many episodes wouldn't be great movies but I always thought even way back when I first saw this one that it would be a good movie by itself. It could have been The Simpsons Movie simply due to the fact that it's about Bart wanting to see the movie the whole episode.

It's a funny one. 5/5.
    "and maybe I'm talking this way because I can't stop. Help me, Lisa! I have serious mental problems!"

Thread Information