• F

9 4.81%
  • F-

6 3.21%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: R&R, Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R, Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder

This is the episode where Homer bowls a 300 game in bowling, and then he is famous. He then becomes a washed up celebrity and decides to spend time with Maggie :-& , who eventually saves his life

Personally, i don't know why so many people dislike this episode. This episode was hilarious! I laughed out loud many times! Many many times! The plot wasn't to good, but who cares?

thank you based god SideshowTim's Avatar

C Well, it is a pretty poor attempt at emotion for me, It has some occasional good jokes which probably saves it from being a D.

Stonecutter

D+
    An excellent 1st act, a boring, depressing 2nd act and a horrible 3rd act with the super baby thing

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

It's pretty OK, with a particularly hilarious first act, and the story's a nice homage to And Maggie Makes Three. But the whole subplot of Homer becoming famous was beyond awful and killed the episode for me. While Bart getting famous in Bart Gets Famous was pretty dull and sitcomish, Homer's fame here was downright ludicrous. Filled with pointless guest stars, and annoying Homer characterization. Homer committing SUICIDE (??!!) was unconvincing and angering. C

frogophone

This episode is very much a Scullified Al Jean episode in that there's a lot of ideas/attempts at more down to earth character based stuff shallowly executed and loaded with typical Scully craziness (nonsensical guest star roles, disjointedness, kerazy gags, dodgy characterizations). It's actually one of the more appealing episodes from the Scully dredges but still on the poor side of "meh."

Junior Camper

It was an ok episode, definetly not one of my favorites. The storyline is a bit far-fetched. It's obvious they were running out of ideas, but I do like the family's sympathy for Lenny. "Not Lenny!"
    Good Jokes, bad storyline.

Hired Goon

If I made a graph representing the acts of this episode, it would start at the top and end right at the bottom. I actually just saw this episode a couple days ago, so it's fresh in my mind. Overall, it was a bad one, but it started off well with Homer, Lenny, and Carl ditching work to go bowling. But once Homer became famous, the episode went down the shitter. Not a funny moment was to be had from the 2nd act on. My main gripe against the episode was the 3rd act, regarding Maggie saving Homer (super baby). I always looked to The Simpsons for realistic plots, but then we were subjected to that horrifically unrealistic conclusion.

Overall, it was an episode that didn't know where it wanted to go. It bordered on horrible but wasn't unbelievably ridiculous, due to the good start it got off to, but this is nowhere near being even average. D+.

Pin Pal

Now, how do I put this without getting a bigger reputation to the one I've already got...

Well, like Little Big Mom, I don't see too much of a problem. This one is a favourite of mine, although I should say something. I actually read the script over at SNPP first, and thought I wouldn't like it. But personally, it was a goodish episode, one where we get a storyline starring Maggie (finally), and it was funny. Especially with the "Where's Waldo*" thingy.

However, what would have made it maybe a bit better is if they cut straight to the Maggie bonding and not the suicide. The only thing about that was Hans Moleman.

*BTW, my LSA at school was wondering this. Why is the guy called "Waldo". Most people associate him as being "Where's Wally". Is it an American/Europian difference thing, or a different character all together?
    I'm just like Lisa!
    I'm Lisa, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Is there any wonder I like her so much?

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

Yep. In Britain, it's "Where's Wally?" while in the USA, it's "Where's Waldo?" I don't know which existed first though.

This episode seems to lack any sense of direction, stumbling about the place, not sure where it is heading. First of all, we have Homer bowling a perfect tenpin bowling game, then we have Homer feeling depressed after his fifteen minutes of fame are over, and finally we have Homer attempting to bond with Maggie. It was basically three potentially good storylines crammed into one episode. Because of this, it often feels rushed, with barely any time to breathe. It was amusing, as ever, and it was ever so nice to see an episode revolving around Maggie - the first time in years. Homer's depression and his willingness to be a good father to Maggie are believable, but these are overshadowed by the more wacky parts, including Homer eating toxic waste, Homer jumping off a building, into a manhole, and Maggie somehow summoning superhuman strength to save Homer from drowning. The attempts to make realistic episodes are present, but there is far too much silliness to make it believable in the first instance. Another complaint is that this episode again has many guest stars thrown in, most of whom can barely be called 'stars.' However, Penn and Teller were funny, and Ron Howard, not for the first time, was the best guest to come out of the episode.

Born To Be Wild!

Around a C in my opinion. It was an ok episode and had some good jokes in it but really forgettable in my opinion.

Changing his name to HoJu homicidalcow's Avatar

let's just say I don't remember anything outstanding about it. C-
    Ya get that George W.? Huh?

"If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about."

Stonecutter

I'd give it a C+. If you want reasons, I direct you to the posts of anybody who knows what they're talking about. Maybe George.
    Season 17 Thus Far:

Bonfire of the Manatees: C+
    The Girl Who Slept Too Litte: A-
    Milhouse of Fog and Sand: B+

Is It About My Cube?

This episode started off with a great first act, but went downhill. The first act contained alot of good jokes, with only one bad one (Homer eating toxic waste). Homer becoming famous was horrible and when his 15 minutes of fame are over, he decides to commit suicide without even thinking of his family. The third act was a little better with Homer and Maggie bonding, but it went downhill again with Maggie becoming super baby. D
    Seasons Rankings:

Typical season 11 Homer's crazy adventures episode. C-

This episode had a bad story and kinda completely changed the stroy half-way through it. I remember it being pretty funny though, and that makes up for a little. And oh yeah, the Part with Ron Howard was one of the funniest scenes ever.

So, B-

pee air true dough Larson Something's Avatar

Just one rung above "meh." C+

"Not Lenny!"

Blockoland Owner

Not that good. C

Pin Pal

It was OK, I liked some of the jokes, but it really doesn't hold up in syndication. (in other words, repeat viewings) However, I would agree that it's not as bad as some people here think it is.

Voted B-

In my opinion, one of the worst episodes ever. Boring, not touching at all, with a crazy and undefined plot...

F

wreck on the highway

This ep is hugely underrated in my opinion. I give it a solid B - I actually didn't mind the 3rd act, in fact! Nothing too spectacular, but funny throughout, and some good emotion.

This is the end...
    Of dignifying episodes...
    This is the end...
    My show-watching friend...
    Weird plot and mega babies...

Can't be bothered to put together full sentences... Awful. Suicide, Ultra-Mega-Super Baby, Jumpy Plot, Ron Howard and already used jokes. F.

3 years late, but meh! simplysimpsons's Avatar

This is the end...
    Of dignifying episodes...
    This is the end...
    My show-watching friend...
    Weird plot and mega babies...
    Heh, exactly! Although I'd grade it a bit higher because of the first act laughs (minus Homer eating toxic waste - why was this so common in S11? horrible). Homer's fame was done pretty well too, minus the unfunny Ron Howard moments and deplorable suicide parts. Homer trying to bond with Maggie - a good idea, but as others have said should have been a different episode for this. I really disliked Maggie being a superhero though - a complete cop-out of an ending. Overall, one to see again sparingly but only if you're in a good mood - Grade: C

A tribute to Bart Simpson

You think THAT's bad? What about that time when I was turned into a Tetris block?

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robertuybrush
    In my opinion, one of the worst episodes ever. Boring, not touching at all, with a crazy and undefined plot...

F
    I totally agree with you.

A good episode especially considering the season B-

samsa

F+

Crotis Jivefunk

I'll give it between a C and a D. It does have some good ideas, but each act is an independent story, and it hurts. Another feeble attempt at emotion.

stanford, bitches (bitches referring to the bitches at stanford, not you)

People blow complaints about this episode all out of proportion, isolating certain moments in the episode and judging it solely on those. There is some very humorous and otherwise entertaining stuff in between the suicides and super-babies, with all the Maggie scenes, aside from the obvious one, being quite good and funny. The final scene was well written and sweet, not really as great as some other Maggie endings, but good. But there was some poor Scully-esque material, which keeps this from being great, and it really is 3 plots jammed into one episode, providing for some serious disjointedness. Still, very underrated. (B-)

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Blake

The Maggie-part makes it one of the better episodes of the series (grade: A)

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have never watched the first act and Im very interesting now cause I just have read that it was good in some of your posts. Anyway I agree with Robertuybrush about the second and third act. For me its one of the worst ever, its a tie between this one and Saddlesore Gallactica. In my opinion Kill The Alligator And Run and Homer vs The Dignity are still a little more logical and funny than HGHF and SG.

Pin Pal

I voted A- it is funny and a well done plot

Thread Information