• 5/5 - Its like hte rich satisyfying smell of tobacco

105 57.07%
  • 4/5 - I better put on the chilli boots because this is hot

55 29.89%
  • 3/5 - I'm sure if it was big and annual they will show it again

17 9.24%
  • 2/5 - One...two....two alarm.

5 2.72%
  • 1/5 - A bland timid entry suitable for patience recovering from surgery.

2 1.09%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: R & R : El Viaje Misterioso Du Nuestro Jomer

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R & R : El Viaje Misterioso Du Nuestro Jomer

Since apparently people used to dislike this ep and now like, whaddya think.
    5/5, good plot funny and whatever.

Born To Be Wild!

Good episode. It was a while since I saw this one so I can't give it a full review. 4/5, B+

wreck on the highway

A+, fantastic script, and fantastic animation.

What's the word... oh yeah... good. 5/5 or A+

Very good episode!

Fantastic episode, and like Wezzo said, fantastic animation. Perhaps my favourite Homer/Marge marriage problem episode.
    4/5

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

Quite an odd episode to say the least. Very thought-provoking, with some awe-inspiring animation. I loved the psychedelic and surreal animation at the beginning of the second act, with Homer's hallucinations, particularly that featuring Homer over some live-action footage. The ending was quite unexpected, since the Spiritual Coyote (well-voiced by Johnny Cash) had earlier hinted that Marge may not have been Homer's soul mate after all, and to find out that it was Marge was a nice twist, which was acceptable, because who else could it have been? Although this is another "Homer and Marge have problems" type of episode, this was done in such a manner that makes it fresh and original compared to all the others. There's nothing outstanding about the jokes in the episode, but if you like episodes that are "different," this is one to watch.

Crotis Jivefunk

George summed it up for me. This one gets a 5/5.

Stonecutter

A very neat, unique episode that was pulled off fantastically. 5/5.
    Season 17 Thus Far:

Bonfire of the Manatees: C+
    The Girl Who Slept Too Litte: A-
    Milhouse of Fog and Sand: B+

You're all insane, I thought it was pretty stupid and sign of things to come in seasons 9-12. C-

pee air true dough Larson Something's Avatar

It was sweet, it was trippy, and Johnny Cash was an inspired choice for the coyote. Probably could have been funnier, which is why it "only" gets a 4 from me.

- I love Season 8, it's my favorite ever.
    - This episode is in my top 30 somewhere.
    - A+

i
    Last edited by paul auster; 06-29-2008 at 05:36 PM.

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

Interesting episode to look at, and a very funny first act. Otherwise, I thought the Marge/Homer story was rather weak. Grade: B/B-
    Last edited by Mike Scully; 05-11-2004 at 09:51 PM.

Blockoland Owner

5/5. Homer trippin out is a classic.

Monkey HOUSE

One of my favorites...5/5.
    Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs... Walter

One of my favorite episodes of all time. Very funny, and the best animation ever. 5/5

Is It About My Cube?

A okay episode. The first act was great and the animation when Homer hallucinates. But the Homer and Marge plot was kind of weak. B
    Seasons Rankings:

Grade: B

Mostly agree with what Mike Scully said, though I'm nicer I think. An interesting, surreal look at Homer and Marge's marriage made distinct by Homer's chili freakout. The hallucination sequence is wonderfully done, and the humor is pretty crisp too at the beginning, here particularly at the chili festival and Homer's freak out. This probably would've been a classic had the story itself been worth anything. Homer runs away thinking Marge isn't his soulmate only to find out that, guess what, she is! Great spiritual quest wolfie. It doesn't even explore the give and take of their marriage or test its resolve in a compelling, insightful way like in "Life on the Fast Lane", "Colonel Homer", "Secrets of a Successful Marriage", or even "Three Gays of the Condo". Also, the humor also fizzles out a lot in the 3rd act, the only really funny thing that sticks out in my mind being one of the kissing fish eating another and Homer in the lighthouse beam as batman. And questionable, even if brief characterization problems like Homer going crazy in the lighthouse, or Marge smoking to prevent Homer from smelling the chili dent the episode's enjoyability as well. Enjoyable, and quite memorable, but not quite classic material.

5/5. I haven't seen it in such a long time, but I can remember loving it. Sure, the plot's insane, but in a good way. It's grounded, there is a real underlying problem behind all the zaniness. As Channel Surfer said, perhaps it's not the most compelling episode in it's league (eps like "Colonel Homer" and "The Last Temptation of Homer" outdue it by far), but it's an enjoyable and memorable episode, nonetheless.

Might be my second favorite episode behind Last Exit to Springfield. Just directed and animated so brilliantly.

5//5

Pin Pal

I love it, an excellent episode, just short of a classic in my opinion. Regardless I voted 5/5. A-

Junior Camper

It gets a 4/5. It's easily a classic episode, and a damn good one in any case. I would give it a 5/5, but there are other ones I like a good bit more.

thank you based god SideshowTim's Avatar

Classic, Great animation and brilliant jokes. A near perfect episode. A+

Stonecutter

Lovely animation, but that doesn't save this quite average episode - B-

Blog Entries

one of the more creative and experimental episodes of the simpsons, right up their with '22 Short Films...'. Beautifully animated as well. I thought the Homer and Marge conflict was actually explored rather nicely in this one. The only problem i really did have with this episode is that the humor did fizzle out a little near the end, like a few have already said. Not quite a classic episode, but damn good, B+.

Junior Camper

Strange & wonderful - 5/5.

NHC's Resident Lisa Kyoya Otori's Avatar

A fantastic episode, and in my top 10. I love the animation, especially. 5/5.

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Channel Surfer
    Grade: B

Mostly agree with what Mike Scully said, though I'm nicer I think. An interesting, surreal look at Homer and Marge's marriage made distinct by Homer's chili freakout. The hallucination sequence is wonderfully done, and the humor is pretty crisp too at the beginning, here particularly at the chili festival and Homer's freak out. This probably would've been a classic had the story itself been worth anything. Homer runs away thinking Marge isn't his soulmate only to find out that, guess what, she is! Great spiritual quest wolfie. It doesn't even explore the give and take of their marriage or test its resolve in a compelling, insightful way like in "Life on the Fast Lane", "Colonel Homer", "Secrets of a Successful Marriage", or even "Three Gays of the Condo". Also, the humor also fizzles out a lot in the 3rd act, the only really funny thing that sticks out in my mind being one of the kissing fish eating another and Homer in the lighthouse beam as batman. And questionable, even if brief characterization problems like Homer going crazy in the lighthouse, or Marge smoking to prevent Homer from smelling the chili dent the episode's enjoyability as well. Enjoyable, and quite memorable, but not quite classic material.
    Talk about nitpicking. While I agree there might be not a great mistery to the plot and the episode is weaker after the chili trip, I think the episode is pure simply about Homer wondering if Marge is actually her best soul mate, all from a pure mind process. Something I think it was never explored before. Well, he has been tempted by other woman, but I think there was even more clear that he would choose Marge at the end. Here he just asks himself if she's really the most adequate, which seems a plausible question you could ask yourself after years of marriage.

The last part especially, with the lighthouse thing is a little more boring due the circumstances but I think there were still some gags even I can't remember them all. For example Homer saying they (Marge and him) are the best in a childish, funny way or mentioning Space Coyote and Marge being surprised by it. There is also some other gags like Homer calling through public phone to some kind of dating service.

I think Marge smoking is perfectly funny and it's made clear why she does it.

To me this one is a 5/5 just because of the chili trip which is the most beautiful scene they have done ever, and I also find it pretty funny (most of the stuff with the tortoise). But I also like the rest, the mountage I also think it's one of the best ones they have ever done, pretty sad and cute and great gag with the kissing/eating fish already mentioned. Though what I like the most about all the episode is that it actually does seem a regular episode even though all the surreal stuff happening. I mean, they manage to tell it in a way that it's made clear that most of it is in the imagination world, so that and the fact that what carries the episode is a real feeling (Homer could be unsure about Marge being her soulmate even without a space coyote saying him that). And the fact that the characterizations are very good for the most part also helps, it never really seems that Homer has lost his mind. Well, maybe in that scene in the lighthouse but really, I think he freaked out more in Milhouse Divided. This would have been all f**cked up with Scully, that's for sure. They make a fantastic job with an incredible surreal, yet grounded in reality, plot.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

i never really liked this episode. The start of the story was ok and some funny moments, but don't like the episode in whole. 2/5

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away ..."

NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar

I just love this episode; it proves that surrealism can be effected in such a fashion that it is not ridiculous but is still bizarre. The whole tone and execution of the episode is brilliant and always stand out in my mind. 5/5

Thread Information