View Poll Results: Whadt do y ou rate tonight sepidose?????

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • FIve OUT OF FIVE!~!!!!

36 14.01%
  • FOURout of four or fiev

68 26.46%
  • three out of ficve

68 26.46%
  • 2 out of vice city

51 19.84%
  • one out of whoohahahahahahaha

34 13.23%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review: Co-Dependent's Day (FABF10)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

pretty rad

Rate/Review: Co-Dependent's Day (FABF10)

Marge looks for an activity for Homer that doesn't involve beer and naively takes him to an Oktoberfest celebration. Then when Homer gets drunk, Marge winds up taking the fall for his DUI and is sent to rehab.
    from SNPP

Thanks to a recent loss by a certain team that a certain admin picked in a certain bracket... to Alabama, the guy who normally does this or whatever isn't not not here. Me do this thing this week around. Me talk pretty one day.

Thread go open sesame after episode ends airing on the East Coast.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

4/5

awesome!

some great jokes
    Heckling a Puppet show.

5/5 - Too many Star Wars and Uncle George references to list !

Global Moderator - All Merchandise Forums
    Datoupee's Signature... it's Da Boom !

This was pretty good, certainly better than last week. A lot of good jokes. B

4/5

The Star Wars stuff was great, and I found the whole thing pretty enjoyable.

Junior Camper

there really wasnt much i hated about the episode. homer on the phone got old quickly, but overall a decent episode. The end was slightly rushed, but it wasnt too bad. I liked marges hangover segment and a few other gags that i really cant remember. A second viewing should make the episode better. Right now its just another good addition to this season.

somewhere between a 3.5 and 4 (4 on the poll)
    F the FCC
    Free Howard Stern

WWHHHHAAAATTTT??!??!!

Stonecutter

Wow. That was good. Really good. I still don't see the point of the Star Wars spoof, but it was funny enough that it doesn't matter. Another minor complaint would be Homer singing on hold- it was funny, but lasted way too long. No big deal though. And whoever said "I hope that Marge doesn't find out and Homer confesses on his own free will" got what they wanted. But anyway, it was funny, the plot was decent, and Homer wasn't really a jerkass. Great. B+
    Season 17 Thus Far:

Bonfire of the Manatees: C+
    The Girl Who Slept Too Litte: A-
    Milhouse of Fog and Sand: B+

pretty rad

Question: why did the First Church of Springfield take part in a Catholic ceremony? Communion's not protestant, right?

This episode was... well, very forgettable. There wasn't really anything funny or endearing about the plot, although it wasn't a terribly bad episode. First act was okay; it didn't seem to overpower the rest of the episode. The Star Wars ripoff was somewhat amusing, and had its moments, but it wasn't too hilarious to matter. And the rest of the episode kinda dragged. So it's kinda down the middle this week. Then again, I'm kinda tired, so maybe another viewing might change my opinion, considering I didn't hate anything about it.

Next time looks somewhat okay, from the clip they showed.

country sad ballad man

Last week was better, I thought. Once again the first act was the best part. The last 2 acts were kinda all over the place. One of the weaker efforts of the season-C+

really hates Wayne Rogers Zillionaire's Avatar

Average. But the line - "My demons and I are closer than ever - and next summer we're going to visit every major league baseball park" - was great.
    "and I love youuuu, tooooo...

I am you and you are youuuuu...

Oh you and me, together you can seeee....."

pee air true dough Larson Something's Avatar

A 4 from me. I'm sure I could find stuff to nit-pick, but bottom line, I laughed a lot.

Favorite gags were Duffmensch, Homer's hold imitation (especially "Wichita Lineman), and Marge's tribute to Porky Pig.

And was the guy behind the desk at the rehab clinic supposed to look so androgynous?

stop happening

I think it sucked royally i give it 1/5. I guess i'll watch it again to see if i missed anything.
    Last edited by Pie Pants; 03-21-2004 at 06:31 PM.
    Season rankings (best to worst)

stanford, bitches (bitches referring to the bitches at stanford, not you)

Originally posted by PsycheEnFuego
    Question: why did the First Church of Springfield take part in a Catholic ceremony? Communion's not protestant, right?
    No, Protestant churches do it too (at least all the ones I've been to do), but I believe they take it in a different manner in the Catholic Church. I've never been in a Catholic mass though, so I don't know for sure.

Pin Pal

I thought it was quite enjoyable on the whole. I agree with whomever said that the first act was the best. The whole Star Wars spoof was great. Plus some commentary on recent movies that put style above actual content. A lot of great stuff came from this first act. However, the second and third were somewhat forgettable. While there were still some pretty good jokes (I enjoyed Homer's bible, his waiting on the phone song, Krusty in the morning, and the very end). It was a good episode, not great, and only really memorable for the first act. Still a good job, though. 3.5/5.

Maddog.

Is It About My Cube?

A pretty good episode. Better than last weeks. The Homer hold gag, like said before, lasted a little to long. No real major complaints about this episode so i'll give it a 4/5.
    Seasons Rankings:

The Spring in Springfield

4/5. I liked the first two acts but the third one wasn't as good to me. Second best of the season after Tis the Fifteenth Season.

Maybe it's the beer talking, but this episode had a plot that won't quit. The episode started great with a hilarious jab at the Star Wars franchise, and Homer had some good lines ("He's inside the house?", the weather lady bit, etc.). Once it got to the winery, it really took off - few things are funnier than seeing Marge get drunk along with Homer. Watching Homer and Marge impersonate each other was side splitting. Plenty of laughs were elicited from their binges, especially Homer's Bible running gag and Marge's bender at Oktoberfest (as well as DuffMan's bit). Homer's line "I've sunk to a new low" somehow made up for his deed by acknowledging that he was being insensitive. The rehab scenes were also pretty good, and I was rolling upon seeing Homer sing. Finally, the episode wrapped up very well, with good Homer/Marge interaction. Not at all a rehash of 9F14 "Duffless", and all around, a wonderful episode. It had these big chewy pretzels, and idowanahasafrazaphagsaba...

4.5/5? Get outta here!

Nineteen-Ninety-Something
    A webcomic about my favorite decade
    and the characters who made it interesting

This episode was decent. There were several amusing gags, and the storyline was able to hold my attention for a half hour, which says something. Only complaints... after a while, the Star (Cosmic) Wars stuff started to get a little old... it didn't need to last the WHOLE first act, did it? BUT, Otto seemed to be pretty hilarious throughout the episode, from the movie theater to the rehab clinic. Overall... eh... B... but it will most likely change upon another viewing.

Spooner's expert opinion gives his ep- ***

Spooner sez- "mildly entertaining, but easily forgettable! Just like a middle-school drugs assembly!"

What to say about this episode...
    Well, first of all I hope they're not back in the disjointed first act problem, because this week's and last week's episode suffered from it. This entire episode could've been really strong if they got rid of the Cosmic Wars stuff, and gave us some background to work with for the Homer and Marge storyline. The way it was, we just jumped right into Marge and Homer's transformation into a "party couple", which felt really sudden to me. I thought the ending felt tacked on as well, and the conflict involving the wrongful accusation should have been introduced earlier in order to explore it better. Although they didn't seem confident in handling it in the first place with all the time wasted with that "please hold" joke, which fell flat for me.

Plot elements aside, there were still some quality moments in the episode. Ultimately I did enjoy watching Homer and Marge's hijinks, as well as Bart and Lisa's visit to "George Lucas'" place. The bible joke did fare well on me, although they didn't need the very last one with the real bible. Bart and Lisa's reactions to their parents' behaviour was also entertaining. Overall, the sum of the episode was weak, but the scenes and parts that constituted it were usually pretty good.

3/5
    Signature.

Tomacco, I beg of you, CHECK YOUR PMs.

a malcolm and a archer

The legacy of Duffless was not hurt in the least, as a very good episode was churned out by Jean and Co. this week.
    Yes, the Star Wars references were dated. Yes, they were compiled mainly of the same jabs that have been previously made, but dammit, they were hilarious! The attendance taking at the senate was one of the funniest gags in years. Marge's transformation was a main focus in this episode. It was done early on, and pacing therefore became a nonissue. Her change was swift, but her experiments drinking in the past make it seem all right. As the plot moves on, she is thrust into drinking from social pressure rather than from free choice, which led to the main problem with the DUI. That change was necessary for the plot to move on, and Octoberfest provided the perfect setting. Also, there were some great jabs made at the same time. At the end, when the marraige problems were solved, it was a drunk Edna that made Marge aware that she loves Homer. A very interesting connection made by the writers there that balances out the jokes they had made against alchohol use earlier in the episode.
    While that was all well and good, a few nitpicks. The decision to go to California just to complain about a movie was weak. The patch-up ending was rushed and a bit forced, and Homer didn't even contribute to the resolution. Bart and Lisa's response to Homer and Marge's drinking was not explored as much as it could have been, but I'll let it slide since very few tangents occurred and so it is apparent that not every aspect can be fully explored.
    Overall, a very good episode with some minor flaws. Its stellar humor and plot execution make it a very enjoyable episode, but emotion brings it down a bit. It's a B+ for now, but I may very well bump it up later on.

Speaking of which, after seeing Fat and the Furriest again, I am going to bump my grade up slightly to a C-. Still quite poor, but not quite as bad as I once thought, as there are indeed some funny jokes.

*is visiting northern california the only way they could figure out how to get Homer & Marge to drink together??
    *Marge & Homer drunk in front of the kids the first time was directed well I think... I'm not exactly a director, but the obviously closer camera angle helped show oafishness. (thats the weirdest, nerdiest, most in depth thing I've ever said...)
    *Marge, I'm sorry I lit the bed on fire. Golden!
    4/5. Once it got into the actual plot it was good. Seemed too much like the South Park episode about Lucas & Spielgberg at the beginning.

A good episode. #3 on the season, behind 'Tis The Fifteenth Season, and Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore (why the ones with the long titles?). I loved the bible bit, as well as the giant beers. The entire oktoberfest scene was great. I'll give this one a 5/5. Still haven't given out any bad reviews this year....

Really? The bible bit seemed a bit overplayed to me. Perhaps they were IiFH (Investing in Future Humor) for the bit at the end though, trying to tire out the joke then spin it on its side.

Originally posted by Dennis
    4/5. I liked the first two acts but the third one wasn't as good to me. Second best of the season after Tis the Fifteenth Season.
    Totally agree with everything you just said. Way better than last weeks too. The Movie/ CBG jokes, Marge and Homer drunk jokes, And scenes with Otto and Moe were all hilarious. The ending could have been better, instead of Homer with that apology, it seemed kind of empty, he should have signed up for the program or something. It was good though.

4/5

pretty rad

Must-link for Farkers and Fark-fans in general:

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comm...?IDLink=881778

Yeah, you knew it was coming.

Crotis Jivefunk

Worst of the season. Blecch. 2/5. C-
    Last edited by Snow Miser; 12-27-2004 at 07:50 PM.

a malcolm and a archer

This episode could have featured the first time the appearance of Sober Barney did not anger me.

Pin Pal

Time for a new review system!

For an episode that had a lot of screw-up potential, this one turned out to be quite enjoyable.

STORY

The first act was disjointed from the rest of the episode, yes, but I never count that against the show unless the rest of the episode feels rushed. After all, The Simpsons has had disjointed first acts since Bart the Daredevil, and they've never bothered me if they were done well. Starting another first act at the movies bothered me a bit (didn't we just do this last week?), as did taking a trip to CA just to complain about Cosmic Wars, but the rest of this act was handled well story-wise, and provided a decent lead-in to the main plot. The second act had very good pacing, with Marge slowly going from drinking just wine at the tour, to drinking more casually (Moe's), to drinking beer through peer pressure. It was a steady and believable progression, and really helped this one form a somewhat down-to-earth plot. The third act was decent in plotting, though it did take awhile to really get somewhere. Good story overall.

HUMOR

Wow, this episode was really a laugh-a-minute for me. The opening had a ton of gags, and though some misfired (Kent smoking), it was made up for by the great number of jabs at the new Star Wars movies (specifically, Episode I). Yes, they were dated jabs, but funny nonetheless. I especially liked Comic Book Guy ("Worst. Cosmic Wars. Ever! I'm only seeing it three more times...today."), the movie itself, with it's very plot-heavy text-scrolling and the roll-call, Homer believing the Lucas-esque director lived in their house, Jam-Jam's cereal ("Alpha-bits with more Js"), and Homer's comment about "fine body, nice aroma...the wine's not bad either!"

Homer and Marge drinking together had some great laughs as well; their impressions of each other were HILARIOUS ("I set fire to the bed! D'oh!"), and Bart and Lisa's reactions throughout the whole thing were enjoyable as well. The stuff at Moe's was great too, with the ancient wine for four dollars and the bartender wiping his eyes with an original Shakespeare script. The third act wasn't quite as funny, but there were plenty of good scenes in the rehab clinic regardless. I also liked the church scene and Barney's small role (though he didn't drink again), and the last joke involving the Bible. Speaking of which, I didn't think the original gag was good enough to use three times (well, two and a half, really), but I liked the last one enough. Homer on the phone went on too long as well, though it did make me laugh, heh. Oh, and I liked Flander's bit as well. I thought the humor was the best aspect of this episode, and probably the funniest episode this season (on second thought, 'Tis the Fifteenth Season beats it...maybe). Some jokes were clunkers, but the sheer number of good ones made it a very enjoyable episode indeed.

Overall, quite a good episode with a lot of laughs, good characterization, and a pretty strong storyline. Though it had nothing ESPECIALLY memorable, it only has a few minor faults, and thus, I rate Co-Dependent's Day a B+. 4/5

Thread Information