15 7.65%
  • 3/5 So-So

36 18.37%
  • 4/5 Pretty Good

92 46.94%
  • 5/5 Excellent

32 16.33%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How Would You Rate "Jaws Wired Shut"?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

How Would You Rate "Jaws Wired Shut"?

Well, this episode looks like a blunder to me. I just saw the commercial. Homer seems to break his jaw be running (without looking of course) face first into a gold statue of Drederick Tatum (or some boxer). It then shows Homer bonding with Bart, Lisa, and Marge, but I think the tone of the episode was ruined right away in a scene where Homer and Marge are dancing at a romantic place:
    Marge: This is the most wonderful evening I've ever had.
    Homer: (through his jaw wiring) I'm..horny!

Doesn't that sound great!? :rolleyes If you're gonna miss an episode, I have a feeling this will be a good choice.
    Signature.

Homer with a huge cage on his head? Now that's realistic!
    I think this episode will be THE worst of the season.

The Spring in Springfield

the plot seems kind of lame but I'm sure i'll enjoy it

I just saw a different commercial. They're at the doctor's office, and Marge comments about how Homer can no longer eat solid foods. Then it cuts to Homer sitting on the couch trying to push a chunk of steak into his mouth, but can't, so he snorts it up his nose. That shot was stupid and cartoony, which is making me hate the look of this episode even more. Then it showed Homer getting his wires stuck on Marge's pacifier, and trying to get her off by swinging her around. Oh god, this episode looks awful, and far too much like a season 11 episode. Jean, this is starting to worry me!

Yes. I didn't think highly of this when Homer snorts steak up his nose.

Originally posted by Tomacco
    I just saw a different commercial. They're at the doctor's office, and Marge comments about how Homer can no longer eat solid foods. Then it cuts to Homer sitting on the couch trying to push a chunk of steak into his mouth, but can't, so he snorts it up his nose. That shot was stupid and cartoony, which is making me hate the look of this episode even more. Then it showed Homer getting his wires stuck on Marge's pacifier, and trying to get her off by swinging her around. Oh god, this episode looks awful, and far too much like a season 11 episode. Jean, this is starting to worry me!
    That's the commercial I saw too. I'm not expecting anything good out of this episode.

By the way, you mean Maggie's pacifier.

jesus, c/o the pentagon

Then it showed Homer getting his wires stuck on Marge's pacifier, and trying to get her off by swinging her around.
    and thus ends the only laughter i will get from this episode.
    If rhymes were valiums Id be comfortably numb.

HAHAHH! WHOOPS! MAGGIE MAGGIE MAGGIE's pacifier! Not Marge. HEH.

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

I've yet to see either comercial, but, judging by what has been posted about them, they seem pretty dismal.

I'm not going to give up hope completely though. After all, the commercials have a tendancy to show the worst of an episode rather then the best. Lets not forget last week's "Homer keeps landing on things" commercial.
    "With all this extra stressin/
    The question I wonder is after death, after my last breath/
    When will I finally get to rest?" - Tupac Amaru Shakur, "Me Against The World"

. . . They're at the doctor's office, and Marge comments about how Homer can no longer eat solid foods. Then it cuts to Homer sitting on the couch trying to push a chunk of steak into his mouth, but can't, so he snorts it up his nose. . . .

I'm sorry, but this scene was the funniest thing I've seen on the Simpsons in a loooong time!!!!!!

Yes, the Simpsons are going downhill, but it's still not a 'bad' show. If you want to see a bad show that's gone downhill - watch Charmed. :rolleyes

The Simpsons is at least entertaining, and they still make a few good points here and there. You just gotta read into what you think M Groening would want us to see. Or, kick back, get into Homer's stash, and just laugh your ass off becuase it's still the SImpsons! *lol*

I know, I still love the Simpsons more than anything, but this episode looks like it could be the season's blunder episode. Every season in the last 4 years has AT LEAST one blunder (in season 11 there were about 4 actually).

Season 12: "Simpson Safari"
    Season 11: "Kill tha Alligator and Run"
    Season 10: "Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble"
    Season 9: "All Singing, All Dancing"

Ho Jo

If Season 11 had about 4 "Blunder" episodes then Season 12 had about 20!!!!

I wont even see this episode for like another 2-3 months so I don't know why I replying yet LOL!!
    And now a word from my God...our sponsor!

I think season 12 may have overall been a little better than season 11. But that's another topic, for another thread.

Hopefully

Hopefully this will be the complete opposite of The Blunder Years, where the majority of people had high expectations and got let down, maybe our low expectations will be unfounded.

All-Time Rankings
    1: Bart Gets An Elephant, 2: Duffless, 3: Lisa The Vegetarian

Ruler of the Underworld

Well from what I can make out it sounds kinda dumb but who knows it may turn out ok.

Pin Pal

Methinks we shouldn't draw conclusions about the episode when we've only seen 3 small pieces of it.

Of course, if this episode is much, much better than the FOX commercials are letting on (My, my...imagine that!) then we'll all love this episode.
    ***All Hail Al Jean, the Holy One***

Originally posted by Kalbelgarion
    Methinks we shouldn't draw conclusions about the episode when we've only seen 3 small pieces of it.

Of course, if this episode is much, much better than the FOX commercials are letting on (My, my...imagine that!) then we'll all love this episode.
    meagrees

Stonecutter

Either Jaws Wired Shut or The Blunder Years will be the worst of season 13. i hafta wait and see and after sunday, i think i'll stick to my predictions. And by worst i mean it could have been better.i dont mean horse shit worst

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

Good episodes that I first watched with low expectations:
    -King Size Homer (Homer gains 61 pounds to get worker's comp)
    -Homer vs the 18th Amendment (beer is prohibited, so Homer smuggles alcohol into Springfield)
    -Bart Carny (carnies steal the Simpsons' house)
    -King of the Hill (Homer clims a tall mountain to impress Bart)
    -Natural Born Kissers (Marge and Homer have sex in dangerous places)
    -Bart, the Mother (Bart takes care of bird eggs)
    -Homer to the Max (a character on TV has the same name as Homer)
    -Take My Wife Sleaze (Homer organizes a biker gang)
    -Hungry Hungry Homer (Homer fasts to keep the baseball team in Springfield)
    -Children of a Lesser Clod (Homer organizes a daycare center)

All of these episodes sounded ridiculous or lame before I actually saw them. Just read the descriptions. But each time I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe it'll happen again!!

The episode I think could be the biggest blunder would be Large Marge, it sound even more lowbrow then this one. That said, like a few other people here have mentioned, the ads tend to show the worst parts, and since I found the snorting thing moderately funny (if a little stupid and sick), I'm not going to pass judgement on this one just yet. Who knows? Maybe it will actually be fairly touching despite its slapstick humor.
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

If you didn't already know, it is very easy to amuse me when it comes to The Simpsons (which is good for me because I enjoy every episode!). This episode doesn't sound entirly bad. I mean...it cant be worse than The Tick! I guess we will have to wait until Sunday to see how I and many other people like it. As always looking forward to watching new episodes!

Viva La Jaws Wide Shut!!

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

Ah, I miss those days before the Internet when I didn't know anything about an upcoming episode till the day it aired.

I dont think that the upcoming episode will be that bad. I enjoy watching any new episode. There is always going to be AT LEAST one little joke that will make you laugh. Its still better than all that other crap which is on tv.
    Oh, yeah, what are you gonna do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?

Dave

Spolier:
    I hear the episode is written by Matt Selman, and will include an Itchy and Scratchy cartoon.
    Perhaps this episode won't be as horribly awful as I think it will be.

jesus, c/o the pentagon

oooh, an i&s cartoon will make it at least worth sitting through.

All we can do is pray for the best.
    :: praying ::

Gettin Ready...

I'm gettin' ready to watch it here in just a few minutes, man I can't believe I have it this early.

Review

I won't post a review of the episode and ruin it for everyone, just say I laughed a lot.

Junior Camper

Good ep. There's not much more to say. They even poke fun at crusty alt.tv.simpsons-type viewers with the underlying message which is pretty easy to spot. "Be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it."

Don't judge it based on the first gag which goes on too long. Watch the whole thing. If you don't have a stick up your ass, you should enjoy yourself.
    Last edited by Centaur; 01-27-2002 at 12:13 AM.

Thread Information